Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf: Stranger Things

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

Americans
    Dr Martin Brenner – Spends his time trying to convince others that his scientific experiments are ethical and needed when dealing with the commies. As the most senior scientist in the security base, he always looks good.

Why is the bolded part in Brenner’s role description? What does it mean for the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

I thought it was basically just a reference to the show and to also show why the role was given to him. basically he believes he is a good guy but is really a bad guy. So he peaks good in this game.

Mind you, i havent seen the show but that was my take on it

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

Trigger wrote: »
    I presume that Will is the only one that see's the results, so with that in mind. looking at the DemoG's role, it states each day the Demo can select someone. i dont think this plan is going to work at all as he would need to notify the masses and then he would be known and the DemoG can just grab him before the second scan.

We could do the first phase and then he needs to research from the results and select a time that has 4/5 of the posters that would be in the group that has the DemoG.

It's also possible that the wolves may try to all jump on together into a group to help themselves try to identify the Demo, as a munch wont work on it, they need to avoid selecting it

I will say though, Will, do not make yourself known on thread.

I woke up at 3am and thought this about the second group. The first day is easy to organize not so much the second.... But we just need to organize a few different groups for different hours, and Will picks the one that suits.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mornin everyone!

Morning neccers.

Is Barbara still missing?

• Advertisement

Jake WW wrote: »
    Morning neccers.

Is Barbara still missing?

Just like the show...

giphy.gif?cid=5e2148864kc9di49bfostehi847jtuaxxk3555bbg6n95gnp&rid=giphy.gif

Still to post?

Abigail WW
    Barbara WW
    Clodagh WW
    Frank WW
    Steve WW

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Good morning everyone.
    Hope everyone is keeping well and staying sane.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

I presume that Will is the only one that see's the results, so with that in mind. looking at the DemoG's role, it states each day the Demo can select someone. i dont think this plan is going to work at all as he would need to notify the masses and then he would be known and the DemoG can just grab him before the second scan.

We could do the first phase and then he needs to research from the results and select a time that has 4/5 of the posters that would be in the group that has the DemoG.

I thought that was the plan all along. Not for Willy to come out and say "Hey guys I've got the Demogorgon, it's "

Willy WW has been killed.

He was
    Willy Byers

Doh!

I managed to wake up early guys.

• Advertisement

Good morning everyone.
    Hope everyone is keeping well and staying sane.

tenor.gif?itemid=20131777

Glad your first test was negative Kathleen!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Wendy WW wrote: »
    There's been no sighting of Barb yet!!

Stranger-Things-Poster-Barbara-Holland-Missing-007.jpg

(I wish I got this username)

Barb has arrived.

We could do the first phase and then he needs to research from the results and select a time that has 4/5 of the posters that would be in the group that has the DemoG..

We do the first phase and then do the second phase also in case he needs it.

If he doesn't need it, it makes no difference. He works on the first group secretly.

He is always working alone.

We are just making it easier for him. Yet it doesn't make us village.

Yey!

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886r2i7s6rm09so0k6kis9epy38kmtplehf543jnihg&rid=giphy.gif

Will you join our Group 1 party, Barb?

Barbara WW wrote: »
    Barb has arrived.

1488896385-babr-stranger-things1.gif

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Yey!

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886r2i7s6rm09so0k6kis9epy38kmtplehf543jnihg&rid=giphy.gif

Will you join our Group 1 party, Barb?

yes I was just about to ask that, I know I was originally in group 1, does that still stand? Am I still posting between 10 and 12

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Angus WW wrote: »
    We do the first phase and then do the second phase also in case he needs it.

If he doesn't need it, it makes no difference. He works on the first group secretly.

He is always working alone.

Yeah we can do the second phase tomorrow for the first group anyways and if the demog is in that group its more beneficial than not

Barbara WW wrote: »
    yes I was just about to ask that, I know I was originally in group 1, does that still stand? Am I still posting between 10 and 12

Yes we need you as the ninth person

Necro
    Trigger
    Brendan
    Liz
    Wendy
    Fiona
    Jake
    Kathleen Grant
    Barbara

ONLY THE ABOVE PLAYERS TO POST IN THE TIME SLOT 10am to 12pm

Still to post in the game so far:

Abigail WW
    Clodagh WW
    Frank WW
    Steve WW

If any of you guys come to the thread between 10am and 12pm, don't post! Read the plan first!

• Advertisement

We do the first group of 9.

Then I think we should proceed with the plan to split the second group of 9 as 5/4. Five of those players should post in a two hour time-frame tomorrow morning or after lynch tonight.

Thinking logically, those who volunteer themselves for the first group are less likely to be the Demogorgon.

If the Demogorgon is in group 1, we could split that group after the above. Again, just to help Will Byers. It might be too late by then, who knows.

But he possibly work things out himself anyway. It's not that hard. We just have to give a helping hand.

Yes we need you as the ninth person

Necro
    Trigger
    Brendan
    Liz
    Wendy
    Fiona
    Jake
    Kathleen Grant
    Barbara

ONLY THE ABOVE PLAYERS TO POST IN THE TIME SLOT 10am to 12pm

Why have you chosen Barbara when I was here before her and I have been far more prominent in the game?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Yeah we can do the second phase tomorrow for the first group anyways and if the demog is in that group its more beneficial than not
    If we get the first half of each group to go next then Will can deduce the groups...

547704.PNG

If the result is Yes-Yes, it's players 1-5
    Yes-No then it's 6-9
    No-Yes, it's 10-14
    No-No, it's 15-18

Just need to find a good timeslot for the second test

Why have you chosen Barbara when I was here before her and I have been far more prominent in the game?

I just copied the list from someone else’s post that was posted just before you started going on about there were 9 people who were the only ones to post in a two hour window last night! Why didn’t you say anything then?

If my memory serves me, didn’t you make a post yesterday saying you wouldn’t know if you could post this morning?

Here
    10am-12pm is too early for me to let you know.
    JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Do you want to swap into group 2 for me if that time suits you better and I will take your group 1 swap if no one objects ;)
    Yeah that's grand.

I just copied the list from someone else’s post that was posted just before you started going on about there were 9 people who were the only ones to post in a two hour window last night! Why didn’t you say anything then?

If my memory serves me, didn’t you make a post yesterday saying you wouldn’t know if you could post this morning?

You didn't answer my question. You copied the list and added Barbara instead of me. Why?

I say I should be in the list instead of Barbara.

You didn't answer my question. You copied the list and added Barbara instead of me. Why?

You swapped with Liz!

Stranger-Things-GIF-6.gif

Angus and Jake right now... :pac:

It doesn't matter who the 9 people are, so if everyone just sticks the group as laid out by Jake right now, it lessens the confusion.
    If we go back and forth now arguing over who should and shouldn't be in the first group for some arbitrary reasons, it means the plan won't work as people will be confused :confused:

I managed to go to sleep early. Big deal. Stop deflecting. Last night I put myself on a list and today I'm putting myself on a list.

The real question is why are you eager to get Barbara, a non-entity so far, on the list?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Does it matter which list you are in really?

Advertisement