Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Delete a thread

Options
  • 21-03-2021 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi

I'd like to delete a thread I created earlier today, titled "Builder Woes".

It's been less than 48 hours and there are only a few replies. Is this possible?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Yes it is possible.

Have a look at question number 4 on our FAQ and follow the instructions.

Shield.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 ridgewooder

Shield wrote: »
    Yes it is possible.

Have a look at question number 4 on our FAQ and follow the instructions.

Shield.

Hi,

I got the following message when I tried to :

You're trying to delete the first post in a thread but you don't have permission to delete threads

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Hi,

I got the following message when I tried to :

You're trying to delete the first post in a thread but you don't have permission to delete threads

You can only delete a post of yours that starts a thread, if it's the only post in it. Once there's replies, you'll need a mod to do so.

I'll amend the wording of the FAQ post to cover that more explicitly.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 ridgewooder

How do I get in touch with a moderator, in order to request a recently created thread to be removed?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

How do I get in touch with a moderator, in order to request a recently created thread to be removed?

Press the report post icon ( the little warning sign symbol) below the username. If you're on the mobile version, it's the little flag on the lower right.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement