Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia EV6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭ec_pc

So, the curiosity got the better of me, I checked with SEAI :

"The upper limit is known as the starting price and should include delivery and any other extras added in. They also said the dealer should know for sure the details of the grant scheme as they apply on your behalf. However, if the price is say 61K, you are outside the grant limit and get nothing."

I think people are really going to get caught out here as I am sure Skoda and Kia dealerships are not use to dealing with selling electric cars which are coming up to the 60 K limit. Kia would be used to the Soul and Nero which are below 40K .

I'd double check to be sure. A dealer will back out of the deal for sure. If you check the quote it's probably done something along the lines of Sale price @ 61k, less 5k grant = 56 K payable subject to getting the grant otherwise 61k owed.

Check this page https://www.seai.ie/grants/electric-vehicle-grants/grant-amounts/ which states :

A maximum grant of €5,000 is available for qualifying new electric vehicles when purchased privately. Approved EVs with a List Price of less than €14,000 will not receive a grant. As of 1st July 2021 there is a cap of €60,000 on the full price of all vehicles. The full price of the vehicle to the customer includes all optional extras, paint and delivery for excludes any incentives such as grants or rebates.

I think that's pretty much black and white.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Manion

Yep, it's all there in on the site. Surely it's the dealership that gets caught out by this though, not buyer since they are the ones applying for the grant. You as a buyer never see that Money. I mean it's not nice to wait till March and have to walk away from a deal with a car on the lot but I'd imagine push comes to shove these sharpe charges will be waviered.

I suppose that's we we differ, I like certainty and to remove doubt. I don't know of any dealer that will take the 5 k hit. I wonder do they need to provide a bill of sale to the SEAI or what evidence is needed?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Can you use the onboard cameras as a Dash Cam ? if not what are people thinking regarding a dash cam anybody got a recommendation ?

Certainty of what though? The dealership have told me in writing that the grant is available for the car at the price point. I've paid a deposit on this basis and commissioned a charger installation. Seai website makes it clear that it's not.

I'm unsure what outcome I expect to get, as it seems like there is no harm in having this conversation on the day when there is a 60580 euro car on the forecourt, it's not like they'll be able to sell it to anyone without the grant applied. There are only three scenarios I see, 1) they miss lead Seai to get the grant 2) they drop the delivery charge, or 3) they refund my deposit plus 600 euro for the charger I now won't get my EV charger grant for and try to see the car on.

Tbh if they go for one, I'll totally be sending a copy of the invoice into seai after the fact.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

From doing some research the onborard camera does not have a facility to record as regards dash cam recommendation halfords have nextbase and blackview models which are the most popular I'd spend around €100 to €200 and make sure its has a minimum left to right wide viewing angle of 140 degree upwards the EV6 has a big windscreen and get two SD cards .... I'll be fitting my own wired directly to the fuse box if your not comfortable doing that yourself ask the garage would they do it for you takes about 20 mins

https://www.halfords.ie/technology/dash-cams/?prefn1=type&prefv1=Front&srule=price_decrease_rule

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭ffocused

Has anyone else who ordered got a PCP quote yet on Kia finance? I put down a holding deposit at the beginning of this month for January delivery but the EV6 wasn’t listed on the Kia dealer portal to BOI.

Did you not apply via Kiacredit.ie?

No, I want to go through dealer for a quote including accurate settlement on my current Kia. The EV6 was not on the dealers system so they could not get me a quote.

That seems unrelated no? You apply on kiacredit.ie which is the official credit portal and select you dealership. The dealership get a notification then when you are loan approved.

• Advertisement

I did it all through the dealer for my current 211 Kia, and want to do the same again for next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭DaveByDavid

You should probably get this all sorted beforehand as I'm not sure why a dealer would refund an electric charger even if they did misquote. You didn't buy it from them right?

If it's over 60k grant not applicable. Dealer should know that.

Have you shopped elsewhere?

Yes, it seems several of the big name Dublin kia dealerships are applying a delivery charge on top of the GT Line while quoting prices with the grant included. My own is about a grand less than the next nearest. As I mentioned, same for Skoda dealership.

I was browsing VW site last night and the ID4 brochure at this link provides a good summary of under or over 60 K in terms of costs and grant.

Essentially ID4 Family retails (sale + on the road costs) for less that 60K so you get 5k. ID4 Tech retails (sale + on road costs) for over 60K, no grant. Resulting in nearly a 9 grand price gap.

I wouldn't leave it to chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Finance rate is 4.9%, I asked kia dealer the day I test drove

• Registered Users Posts: 45 ClassicRellic52

Anyone get ceramic coating on their car ? Is it worth it ?

According to the detailing forum here you're better getting it done yourself at a detailer as opposed to the dealership.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,820 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Richard Symons first impressions of it.

The amount of times he takes his attention off the road gives me palpitations.

Btw, the SEAI Grant people have the EV6 up there now. I switched my letter of offer for the EV6 as I want to avoid hassle down the road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭burger1979

I wonder has anyone on here who owns an EV6 had any heating issues since they have gotten it? I was reading on another forum (speakEV KIA EV6), that others are having issues with heating being crap/not working properly/remote heating not working properly etc.

Anyone here?

Also anyone had to do to software updates for maps/navigation or infotainment system, and if so how easy was it? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 ClassicRellic52

As far as I am aware, no EV6's have been delivered to end customers in Ireland yet. At least that is what my dealer told me. Early January for my delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭deravarra

Must have been a dealer that was driving the one I overtook on the M1 today. It was Dublin bound and was going pretty carefully.

I recognized the car a distance off from the funky rear end.

As soon as I got close to it, the rear does look pretty off-putting.

I had it penciled in as a possibility, but after my seeing it today I will be avoiding.

Lol I've one ordered for January...I think it looks futuristic ...Abit spacy...what colour was it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭deravarra

It was black. Not at all impressed am afraid. Looks like I'll be heading for the Enyaq!

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭burger1979

Best of luck with the new car. Let us know ow how it all goes if you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 larry 2

Good luck with your ev 6. I've been trying to order a gt line model but dealer won't take order . On kia Irelands instructions.

@larry 2 try another dealer. My dealership gave me the same guff, I rang around and others where taking deposits, and he agreed to take mine. It was a good few weeks ago now so maybe they really have locked things down. I think its a combination of 3 things, 1) My dealership has given me a trade in price for my car, he's locked into that, so the longer this takes the more risk he is carrying 2) He has easier access to Earth Models and wanted to close a deal early 3) the GT Line seems extremely well priced compared to the UK pricing with different grant scheme. It's marginal but I think the GT-Line in Ireland is marginally better value that the GT-Line S in the UK (even given the slight spec differences), as such I think their Margin on the GT Earth is probably a bit better than the GT Line.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭RainInSummer

Will the GT model make it to Ireland?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 larry 2

Grant issue might dictate dealer choice.

Advertisement