Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia EV6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

yacht blue by far my favourite colour in the EV 6 , red second best

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭TOLLOT

I went for gravity blue over the yaught, thought it suited the car better .

i didn’t like the white with the cream seats personally, but that should look much better in GT spec with suede seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭ec_pc

My wife was all set on Steel Grey which the dealer had outside, until she saw the Gravity Blue model in the showroom. No decision, she more or less changed her mind on the spot. Test drove a red one, wouldn't be for me but then I never liked red cars anyway. Gravity Blue is quite dark and looks well. I think you really have to see the car in the right colour to decide.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

actually I do prefer the gravity blue than the yacht blue , was confusing the two

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Stefs_42

Had my test drive in EV6 Earth model today. Here comes my honest opinion and observations:

PROs:

Car looks stunning in black! Size- exterior wise compared to my E-Niro, it was not much bigger, however when you are in cabin then it hits you, EV6 is so roomy, it feels like space wise its comparable to Audi A8 interior. Seats were as comfy as my E-Niros, however I found more premium feel to it all compared to E-Niro slightly plastiky feel. Electrically adjustable driver and front passenger seats is a lovely touch. Very roomy for back passengers. Driving feels very comfortable, road noise about the same level as E-Niro. Acceleration is very smooth, cruise and lane keep assist works same as E-Niro, no jerking of steering wheel observed like in Bjorns reviews.

CONs:

As an E-Niro owner I found EV6 not as snappy, its tru power only shines in sport mode. It was +5 deg outside and SOC in battery was 90% with available range 390km with cabin heater off, cabin heater on 350km which is not impressive at all considering KIA claiming range of up to 528km. I drove it in normal mode mostly. ECO added about 10km range, however ECO really feels sluggish.

Not sure if I was driving EV6 with faulty heating system but within 30 mins of test driving it my seat heater was on max, did not feel it too hot as in E-Niro after 5 min of heating your seat on max you would want to switch it off. Sure as it was Earth model there are no heated seat option in rear seats. Also there is no indicator camera enabled on Earth model and no sun roof.

My conclusion: i would not be ready now to swap my E-Niro for Earth model EV6. If you are coming from ICE car then you should seriously consider EV6 Earth. However as an existent EV owner nothing less than EV6 GT line should interest you.

Hope this helps who are still weigthing out pros and cons :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Manion

I wouldn't necessarily trust the range estimator for any of the "smart" cars in dealers, as they are being driven is all types of sub optimal conditions and the range is based on historical efficiency. A few reviews from the UK have put the realistic range at ~280 miles or about 460km which is about 83% of stated range.

A very good breakdown is available here: https://ev-database.org/car/1481/Kia-EV6-Long-Range-2WD

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Stefs_42

yes you are right about range variance, as current model had efficiency of 26.5 kwh/100km which is quite poor imho. but since its a demo car, 100 drivers will have different driving styles, hence drop in overall range.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭v10

My EV6 GT Line arrived at dealer on Monday, looking forward to collecting 1st week of January. Trading in ID4 for it, will be interesting to compare range as on the spec they're very similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Wrap done on the EV 6 in Sweden , Looks some job !! , What would this set you back here in Eire

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,988 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

For the earth model I was quoted €51600

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

That's over the odds. By a good margin. If you shop around you'll get better.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭chewed

€51,600 seems to be standard price for Earth model. https://www.donedeal.ie/cars/Kia/EV6

@Manion where have you seen it cheaper?

For instance, but some posters have referenced getting it for the price on kia.ie. prices do seem to have increased since I paid a deposit.

OK cheers! Still deciding on whether I'll trade in my eNiro against one. Very tempted.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Vico1612

Collected yesterday .. loads of settings to explore but loved the 1st drive home

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Ballylad

Looks super, collecting same spec/colour in few weeks, did you choose any service plan with it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Beautiful colour, deffo the pick of the bunch for me

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Very jealous! :-) Looks great.

What blue is that?

I was in touch with a few dealers and it seems nothing is available for the foreseeable future.

That's the Yacht blue I believe.

Btw, not sure if anyone else can confirm but we got the 500 Euro Supervalue voucher in the post as well. This is a kia promotion, but I wasn't expecting it as we still haven't taken delivery. Did other folks get this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭eltoastero

Fantastic work! You're probably one of the first!

I'm due to get mine later this week, still waiting on the dealer to get back to me with my reg (busiest week of the year i guess).

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭cromelex

It was an offer for whoever put a booking deposit down before the end of 2021. We put the money down for a EV6 with delivery in March, and the dealer called me today to double check the address before posting the voucher.

It was odd, the dealership had initially said they wouldn't provide it. I noticed today the terms have changed and once you take ownership before March 31st you'll get it. Sure it was handy enough over Christmas.

Grey looks very futuristic...best colour in my opinion

Color is indeed Yacht blue . I got the voucher 1 week before Xmas (ordered in June) . No service plan, only took the Gap insurance plan . I'm waiting for home.charger to be installed so used ESB and ionity . My 1st ESB charge failed on ccs but worked on type 2 .. so changed charger and went to ionity. Didn't get high speeds but was expected (70 max) as I started with 47% battery and car was cold (I live a few minutes away from charger and current temperature doesn't help) once the ESB charger was free i moved over and everything worked fine. Charged up to 80% as this will be enough to finish the week. Cabin heating is working fine but need to find optimum setting to get best output (some reason heating really kicked in once I went into eco mode .. dealer told me the latest software updates were installed including the heating fix ..) need to read through the manual but something strange as I don't see some options on screen (alarm settings, fake noise settings to name a few ) This is my 1st ev and I don't regret switching. Build quality to perfect.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Nothing wrong with charging from the Granny cable until you get home charge point sorted, much cheaper that public charging too

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭v10

Nice purchase and well wear. Is it an Earth or GT Line model ?

Out of interest, what cables and mats did you get with the car from the dealership?

• Advertisement

It's a GTLine specs.

Came with type 2 and granny cables. I've got the granny cable connected to trickle feed a bit during offpeak hours to test. The car was supposed to come with the velvet mats.but i asked my dealer to swap them for rubber ones (country side living requirements) they should arrive once the dealer can order them.

Advertisement