Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia EV6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭ffocused

Did anyone get any info from dealer on Kia Charge/IONITY subscriptions yet?

I recall it being mentioned in some Irish reviews last year, but totally forgot to ask during handover.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Not sure I'd trust what a dealer has to say about that. They can't even get what's actually in the car right half the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 shanoh

Did anyone get offered a free home charger with their EV6? I saw an Irish post on Facebook that said they got one, but my dealer told me that deal didn't apply to EV6 and the Kia website suggested the same...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Manion

I heard mention this would kick in later in the year as a special intro rate. References to it have been removed from my dealers website.

Not offered it, and on the kia website they don't list it as an option for the EV6. Tbh you have to sign up for a specific electricity deal so they get their monies worth.

I would tend to agree with that tbh!

I will call dealer tomorrow and then follow up with an email to Kia Ireland. Will update here if I get anything other then ‘ it’s coming later this year’

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭ec_pc

I asked at time of handover and was told it would be March / April timeframe and there will be a followup most likely from Kia directly. This link suggests a cost per kWH of 29 cents compared to normal price of 79 cents.

I don't believe there was ever an offer of a free charger for the EV6 and the dealer confirmed this to me. A free charger is almost like an incentive to buy a car such as 0% finance - brands do not need to offer this on new models that are in significant demand.

And remember, there is no such thing as a free charger - you are tied to Energia in this case. Also heard first hand of other brands (ahem VW) providing a free charger but wanting the customer to use a recommended installer who was charging stupid money to install. Installer was looking to charge the customer over 700 to install!!

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Onlyzeone

Just interested to see how anyone interested is getting on with range and electrical consumption?

Drove my first longer trip with the ev6 the weekend just gone. I used 90kw for 480km of travel. I didn't set the correct trip meter before leaving (my bad) so consumption on the longer trips was just over 21kw/100k. One trip on slow back roads was 15kw/100k. This was going from Waterford to west Cork and back, plus a couple of side trips. This was mixed speeds.. There were a couple of occasions of persistent 130-140km/hr on the motorway... plus a few more "quick" blasts... (my first opportunity trying this car out for a length of time so... yeah... good fun).

AC was on the whole time at 21c. Had no heating issues, nice and cosy.

Could I have done better? Yeah I could have, I drove one ~80k stretch(between Cork and Waterford) without using my brake pedal at all, just using accelerator and regen paddles which definitely helped. Does anyone know if brake lights come on when doing this because the vehicle behind was getting close to my arse now and again?

Apologies for the long essay, just wondering how everyone out there is getting on with consumption?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭verizon

Looking forward to test driving this car today. Seems to have it all from my personal exterior taste to all the techs and toys. I have only test drove the Jaguar IPace so far, so it will be interesting for me to compare the driving comfort and see how much I really do love the badge at the front (I can't help it, it's my Dads fault!).

I have not gone on a long drive yet, but have done about 250km in total with average consumption of 5.9 km/kWh so far.

Heating was always on too.

I changed the measurement from kw/100 to km/kWh in the app as i find it much easier to calculate achievable distance this way.

Regarding the Kia Charge subscription, dealer told me it has not launched yet, but should be available in April.

He does not know if it will be issued to existing owners for free as Kia Ireland have not provided them with any info yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Vico1612

Picked mine up 1 month ago and had it detailed and coated (wheels, glass and body) last week

Lovely

Range wise I'm averaging 2.26 Km/kwh but it's all types of driving in there and only 200kms so far. 48% roughly on air con over that period.

I tried out the HDA feature this weekend and it works great I found. The auld heads up display saved us from a cash on Sunday on the m50 as a maniac swerving in and out of lanes on the m50. Looked to be being persued by the Guards. Heads up display warning me a car was in my blind spot where a second before there was nothing.

Question, I'm kinda struggling with reverse, it's seems very hard to have a delicate reverse and no matter how light I'm on the power it seems to jump backwards, makes it difficult to park, any tips?

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭eltoastero

I've been messing with this too, I find it very jumpy when in a car park say.

1st thing I do it turn off "auto-hold" before i start the parking maneuverer. I found pushing through the "auto-hold" leads to a jolt, which you don't really want in a tight space. I then use the brake to regulate the speed without touching the accelerator, seems to work ok (but you've to remember to put auto-hold back on or to use the handbrake button when you stop, otherwise it jiggles a bit when you turn it off, sort of like an older American automatic when you put it in park).

If there's still a bit too much eagerness, stick it in eco mode, dulls it right down.

For reversing turn off auto hold and set regen to 0. The car will then creep like an automatic and you can do most reversing by just using the brake pedal unless going up an incline when a slight press of accelerator is needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭franman

Picked up my Earth yesterday. Beautiful car.

Is it suppose to come with the V2L adapter or is that just the GT line?

Anyone else having vibration issues at above 100km/hr? Car seems to be drifting slight to the left so suspect its wheel alignment or is it just tires settling after transport?

V2L adapter should be in the bag with granny cable.

That’s where mine is, also Earth spec.

I would go back to dealer if it’s vibrating for realignment, as a new car should not be like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paul Kiernan

What happens if you plug the V2L adapter into another car? Does it work or is that a really silly question?

Mine was in a secondary case within the cable bag, so maybe easy to miss on the first pass.

Regarding charging, you won't be able to charge anything that requires an earth as it doesn't have one. I saw a video early on of someone trying to charge up an ID4 to not avail.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Onlyzeone

Took me a bit of time to get used to the reversing alright, I put the car in reverse, bip the accelerator a little and have my foot lightly on the brake until I'm where I need to be (I would be in Eco mode doing this). All going smoothly now, I only use the camera for stopping distance from wall /object etc. (otherwise it seems to throw me off).

One thing, the turn radius is definitely less than other vehicles I have driven in the past and took a bit of getting used to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭thelikelylad

If it's of interest to anyone, I did a charge test tonight on a 150kW ESB point.

Ambient temps 11deg C, started the charge with a 'battery temp' of 14deg C (according to ABRP live data from BLE OBD dongle) and drove for about ~40mins beforehand (easy going driving, had no impact on battery temp).

Climate was turned off and I could hear the 'battery heater' in action from the start of the session up until ~52%. 20deg C seems to be the magic number for +100Kw charging.

In summary:

• 31% to 81% in 25 minutes
    • Started at 72kW, peaking at 132kW at 70%, finishing at 91kW at 81%
    • 43kWh / €14

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭eltoastero

thanks for documenting this, ideally a software update will offer us some manual control* over getting the battery up to temperature before a charging session

*manual control = a dedicated control button or at least pre-heating if you put a charger into the sat-nav, I'd be happy with either

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Vico1612

seen a few reports of vibration - including myself - which settled down after 1000+km - suspect it was the tyres.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭franman

Thanks! I missed it on the first pass. Rang the dealer and booked it in for wheel alignment next Wednesday. Hoping that solves the issue. Awful rattle from the passenger side at various speeds aswell so will get them to have a good look. Otherwise love the car the drive currently at motorway speeds is horrendous.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 shanoh

I add to comments about the overly quick reverse: today I was parallel parking on a hill and touched the accelerator gently. Car blasted back down the hill and almost hit the car behind. Proximity sensor couldn't keep up with the pace and came on just before I was about to hit it. A lucky escape

Turning off auto hold and setting regen to 3 or auto seems to be working a treat.

I'm not an electrician, this is not a guide!

Thanks for the guidance early, I got the Nextbase 522 GW installed. Took roughly an hour but I was going very carefully and I've never done anything like this before. I wouldn't say it was easy but it wasn't hard either. Had to get the micro fuses as the fit they sell doesn't include them. I connected the negative to the body by the bolt beside the fuse board.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Redfox25

Looks pretty neat from here, well done.

EV6 named Irish car of the year 2022 :

**PRESS RELEASE***

At an awards ceremony this afternoon at the Aviva Stadium in Dublin, the Kia EV6 was named as the Continental Tyres Irish Car of the Year for 2022.

Motoring journalists from print, online and broadcasting hosted the Covid-19 guideline compliant event, which was attended by Ireland’s leading car brands, importers and distributors.

Kia took the top award with its latest EV6 model which also won the Continental Tyres Irish Large Car of the Year category award at the ceremony. It is the second time that an electric vehicle has taken the award as Kia also won the 2020 Irish Car of the Year title with the all-electric Kia e-Soul.

Joint-Chairman of the Irish Car of the Year Committee, Anthony Conlon said: "The Kia EV6 is a great car and as the second electric vehicle to win the title, it is proof, if any proof was needed, that the era of electric motoring is already well and truly here in Ireland. Just look at our field of runners for this year’s awards, more than half of the contenders are available as either partial or full electric vehicles”.

Joint-Chairman of the Irish Car of the Year Committee, Cathal Doyle said: “Congratulations

to the Kia team on a very worthy win and what an achievement to score back-to-back titles with two great electric vehicles. The Kia EV6 came out as the clear winner and was hugely popular with my motoring journalist colleagues”.

Tom Dennigan from awards sponsor, Continental Tyres said: “After missing out on a 2021 Irish Car of the Year awards programme, we are delighted to be back with these awards for 2022 as the whole programme provides a great guide to Irish motorists on what the best and latest cars coming onto the Irish market are. I am sure that the Kia EV6 will benefit hugely here from winning this much coveted award.”

• Advertisement

Has everyone who ordered an ev6 before Christmas recieved one by now ?

Advertisement