Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia EV6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Alan30

Has anyone had an issues with Valet mode. I was away for the weekend and was charging the car when an option to turn on valet mode popped up. Never seen it before so thought I would try it. Now I can’t turn it off. Have no access to sat nav, radio or any function on the display screen. It is saying to deactivate on the app but nothing is working. I have tried resetting the display and re-downloaded the app

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭tommythecat

Did you set a pin up when you put on valet mode?

4kwp South East facing PV System. 5.3kwh Weco battery. South Dublin City.

yeah it asked for the pin but still doing nothing. It’s in the garage now and they are stumped as well. Valet mode has locked everything out on them. Trying to restoring it to factory settings but the system doesn’t seem to be accepting that either.

The app was the cause of the valet mode not deactivating. If it happens to anyone else use the steps below:

Go to Kia Connect App

Select More

Service list

Turn off alarm and security

Save

Turn on alarm and security

Save again

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Tweaky

Significant price drop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭John arse

• Registered Users Posts: 28,018 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Not much difference though is there? I think they are doing 0% PCP and HP as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Tazium

cost me 59,850 less than one month ago 🥲

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭ec_pc

Also a huge amount in stock for 2nd hand sales in garages, they will take a big hit too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,352 ✭✭✭ForestFire

When does the grant kick in? Is it less than 50k. Did they drop it to 49,9k with a 3k grant.

I should ask is the grant still there and at 3k now.

Has any of the spec changed?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭v10

The Earth was €49,950 when they arrived here iirc. I know the GT Line cost me €54950 in January 2022

• Registered Users Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Ya I remember all in the earth came to just under 51k. The price went up very quick and now you are seeing what looks like a massive drop but not actually that big from the original price.

Prices of all cars went up very fast. Dealers now stuck trying to shift cars with massive discounts is no surprise. That's for ICE and electric.

iD4, Enyaq, Ioniq 5 and EV6 weren't priced too badly initially. They just lost the run of themselves because of the shortage of them a few years ago. Paying the price now.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭GBXI

Picked up my EV6 GT Line recently. What an absolute beaut of a car! If you can afford it and have a home charger there surely can't be any better options out there for the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭v10

Yeah it's very highly specced. Some people will say €55/60K for a Kia is too much but I can barely think of any option that is not included on the GT Line model, it's even got silly options like the ability to move/park it from the keyfob while standing outside, also Vehicle to load (V2L), heated & vented seats, HUD etc.

Funnily enough the main reason I went for the GT Line over the Earth was for the sunroof, unfortunately i don't think thats included anymore, so I'm not sure what I'd do if I wanted to change the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭boredatwork82

Is that earth special edition a smaller battery?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Cristobaal

I don't think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭joe1303l

At that money for a KIA, I’d be tempted to get a used GT instead. Serious performance and a bit of a wolf in sheep’s clothing. (2023 GT with small miles in N.I for £45K)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭digiman

Looked at one yesterday and was fairly impressed, looking at replacing my wife’s Kia Sorento with something no a little smaller.

Has anyone taken one in from NI? They seem to be very good spec and have a more powerful motor with some even being AWD. The 585bhp GT I seen yesterday didn’t have the HU display or the electric seats which seemed strange.

Any ideas when a facelift is coming out?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Facelift looks to be coming later this year/start of next. It's down to personal preference but I think the current one looks way nicer than the facelift.

• Advertisement

Facelift is on the way, that's why they're discounting the current model - looks apart the current model will be the older model next year and probably worth less.

At that money for a KIA, I’d be tempted to get a used GT instead. Serious performance and a bit of a wolf in sheep’s clothing. (2023 GT with small miles in N.I for £45K)

That's exactly what I did. 1 year old GT Line for €45k.

It's in perfect condition. Range is great. As someone said above, the features are outstanding. And it is so quick.

Mine actually doesn't have the sunroof but that wasn't a selling point for me anyway. I guess you could look for a good second hand GT Line with sunroof. The vented seats are actually great!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭digiman

Do you mean the 585bhp version? I can’t imagine getting a year one old of them for much under €60k

• Registered Users Posts: 3,424 ✭✭✭joey100

Went in to have a look at one of these earlier in the week, Figures from dealer were different than ones advertised on Kia website, finance info different too. Waiting for him to get back to me to see what the story is. Lovely car to drive and lot bigger than I thought. Seems to come with great spec as standard too. No silver in stock and he didn't seem to have any coming in either would be the only downside for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Qsaab

Bought a gt line in March and so far very happy with it. The gt line had added extras and the darker interior was great as there was going to be 3 kids crawling all over it. Saw a few 22 gt line in black/white on DDeal with about 40k km at 39 to 42k euro. Private sales but what are people’s thoughts re dealer warranty at extra cost while remainder of kia 7 yr warranty still on it ? Think I prefer the lights on current model but all the new Kia’s seem to be going with similar style. 

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭joe1303l

Yes, £45K + relevant VRT charges etc. should be in that ballpark. Dealers down here looking for crazy money for them and they’re not selling as a result

• Registered Users Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Some sort of really nice EV6 could be on the cards to replace my etron, which I like, but don't love.

I did look at a base model ev6 2022 to replace our 22 cupra but was a 10k cost to change so dropped the idea.

I'll look into what kind of ev6 I could get for the etron with little money to change. Any guesses? It's a 2022 etron 55 sport with 18k Kms on it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭Raoul

On the motorway today, doing 120 with HDA, distance at 4 and I was in eco mode. The car in front stopped suddenly. HDA slowed me down but the front collision warning came on and the hazards. I pressed the brakes too, fairly hard actually, as it didn't feel like I was slowing down enough.

Would the car definitely have stopped in time without my input?

Also, if I was slowing down quite suddenly with the HDA, would the brake lights have been on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭tommythecat

Can't say about the car stopping on time but the brake lights would most definitely come on.

4kwp South East facing PV System. 5.3kwh Weco battery. South Dublin City.

Advertisement