Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia EV6

Options
1626364656668»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭zg3409

The brake lights will come on a hazards if needed. The way these systems work is that you may still crash but the impact will be less. They don't jam on the anchors in case someone is behind you and in case it's a false alarm such as a car entering from a slip road or already starting to change lane.

The idea is it primes the brakes, warns you, applies breaks slightly, but then it's up to you to break harder or steer as needed. When you have abs steering while braking hard can be a good option but dangerous if oncoming traffic or cars in lane next to you.

Here is my video from 5 years ago (ioniq 28kWh). More or less identical system to this day. You can read the limitations in the manual.

Turn up sound

• Registered Users Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭Raoul

It's good to know. My case was similar to yours. I was further away from the car in front. I did get a fright though that the car wasn't able to stop on it's own. At least I know next time to brake a bit earlier myself.

I don't understand why it wouldn't stop fully in case the car behind hits you. Surely it should presume the car behind has enough stopping distance.

Do you know if a Tesla would stop fully?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

ICCU issue with mine, AC charging hasn't weekend in about a week, DC charging was still working and thankfully I could still use the car.

I dropped it into the garage earlier today and they rang just before close to say it needed a new ICCU, should be replaced my Monday at the latest, which isn't too bad if that happens.

The annoying thing is that I got a recall for the ICCU just before I got the car serviced, the garage inspected it and said everything was fine and didn't need replacing, that was less than two months ago.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 28,018 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I had the same with the ICCU on my Ioniq 5 on the 11th June. Got it back today and all seems good with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Exiled Rebel

Is the iccu a recurring problem or once replaced all is good forever more?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,018 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

For the Hyundai I'm pretty sure the new part being installed has a new part number to the one it's replacing. Other than that I don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭tommythecat

4kwp South East facing PV System. 5.3kwh Weco battery. South Dublin City.

Advertisement