Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,023 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

Does Alioski have two brain cells to rub together?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Does Alioski have two brain cells to rub together?

Ah not much he could do there. Real lack of ****s with the game, intensity not there at this stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hijpo

Mushy wrote: »
    Ah not much he could do there. Real lack of ****s with the game, intensity not there at this stage

Cant watch it, only have stats to go on.
    It looks like a combination of us being bad and brighton are straight into a sprint out of the blocks???

Hijpo wrote: »
    Cant watch it, only have stats to go on.
    It looks like a combination of us being bad and brighton are straight into a sprint out of the blocks???

Pretty much, I did miss first 5 mins but can tell which team has something on the game

So many crosses to a defence with a very tall back line. Unless the idea is to try get 50 and assume by averages they'll mess one up, be a long afternoon

Meslier playing Russian Roulette again. Should be 2:0.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

There's no intensity to our play at all, Harrison strolling across from left wing to take a corner on the right just summed up our attitude today. Alioski is having one of those games where it highlights how important it is to get a left back. Replace him with Poveda for the second half please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,905 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

You've really got to hope for early substitutions. Dallas to LB and Poveda on for him. Hit them on the wings and less of the aimless crosses to very tall CBs.

Rodrigo needs a runout also. Brighton are nowhere near as good as us so let's not flatter them.

Alioski subbed. He was a liability.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

A bit "on the beach"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

Yeah we've been poor. Bamford needs a rest, looks absolutely knackered.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Should have brought on Rodrigo for Roberts. Honestly, we may as well be playing with 10 men with Roberts on the pitch.

Their defence is superb. Composed and positionally brilliant. Poveda adding little.

I hate to say it but we don't deserve anything from this game.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Completely different team with Kalvin on the field. Klich is completely off form and is a shadow of his former self.

Thats game over anyway. Some turn by Welbeck, bit of a mess by defence though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

It should have been Klich off there, rather than Llorente. Not that it matters much now.

I've watched enough of this muck. We didn't turn up today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

Fairly pathetic attempt at a clearance from Struijk

Average to poor side without Raph and Kalvin. Simple as.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

event wrote: »
    Fairly pathetic attempt at a clearance from Struijk

Yeah poor from him and not what he needed given the competition for the centre back spots when Cooper is back from suspension.

• Advertisement

Despite an error in the first half Llorente is the only one I'd consider worthy of the shirt today. And would the second goal have happened had he been there?

Well that was disappointing

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Shocking performance. If they had had their shooting boots on today we could have conceded 6. I can’t understand why we don't give a runout to the 23s LB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

At least it knocks the thoughts of Europe on the head. Concentrate on recruiting for just the Premier next year. Lots of vacancies IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 890 ✭✭✭A Law

Poor show but Raph a big miss. They'll work like dogs but there's not much in the way of attacking threat from the likes of Roberts, Dallas and Kilch. Hopefully Rodrigo can play a much more influential part next year and a player like De Paul comes in. Brighton with two home wins this season and us haven't lost in 6! It was always happening 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 890 ✭✭✭A Law

Ayling very lucky he didn't get a broken jaw from Dan Burns knee as well. He's huge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭tfer

Very disappointing display today, we really miss kp and Raph. That's the first time in my life that I fell asleep watching Leeds :o. What the hell was Alioski playing at

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

A Law wrote: »
    Poor show but Raph a big miss. They'll work like dogs but there's not much in the way of attacking threat from the likes of Roberts, Dallas and Kilch. Hopefully Rodrigo can play a much more influential part next year and a player like De Paul comes in. Brighton with two home wins this season and us haven't lost in 6! It was always happening ��
    It is one of the only positives that can be drawn from the game, being able to look at the overall quality of some players. Sadly Klich seems to have gone backwards, Roberts is still on trial for his place and Alioski probably shouldn't get much more game time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭championc

I'd say that Klich is possibly suffering the after effects of Covid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭adaminho

championc wrote: »

I think it's a case of being used non stop with covid on top! I'd be all up for dropping him till next season at the least. I think
    we need a LB and a reserve Gk as I want Kiko gone. Apart from that I think we need an Am to cover Roberts/Rodrygo/Hernandez!.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭xlogo

championc wrote:

I think after the highs of the previous 3 games there had to be a dip in form - but we did miss Raphinha in that game.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Jimmy Two Times

Combination of a few things I think.

Missing KP and Raphinha,moving Dallas out of the centre,the intensity of the previous three games and the fact that we always struggle against a back 3/5 with big lads in the centre of the defence. Wolves are exactly the same. You could count the amount of real chances we've had in the four games against those two teams on one hand.

They allow you the ball in wide areas knowing that once it does come in the box they're nailed on to win it with 3 V 1 against Bamford.

Agree that Kilch looks shot and Alioski...........well he's just Alioski. In fairness he was grand in the previous three games but back to his worst on Saturday.

If we play like that against Spurs we could get a hammering. Their finishing on Sunday was very impressive.

I saw it pointed out somewhere about the lack of chances and Bamford goals since Roberts has been in. It does seem to have upset the way we play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭newhouse87

whiterebel wrote: »
    I saw it pointed out somewhere about the lack of chances and Bamford goals since Roberts has been in. It does seem to have upset the way we play.

Yeah i feel he slows down our play, goes on dribbles into dead ends a bit rather then playing quick ball forward.

newhouse87 wrote: »
    Yeah i feel he slows down our play, goes on dribbles into dead ends a bit rather then playing quick ball forward.

This is it. Think he's shown flashes of good play and has the legs for the press (i.e. in contrast to Pablo perhaps). And tbf, this is the first time he's had a decent starting run and unfortunately it is against a higher standard of opposition. But ultimately his decision making seems to be 2-3 seconds too slow and lacks the required quality to start.

On Klich, wasn't there mention of a hip injury as well as Covid impact? Wouldn't write him off as such. Think he could do with a very long rest, which he might not get if he's called up for Euro 2020.

This is it. Think he's shown flashes of good play and has the legs for the press (i.e. in contrast to Pablo perhaps). And tbf, this is the first time he's had a decent starting run and unfortunately it is against a higher standard of opposition. But ultimately his decision making seems to be 2-3 seconds too slow and lacks the required quality to start.

On Klich, wasn't there mention of a hip injury as well as Covid impact? Wouldn't write him off as such. Think he could do with a very long rest, which he might not get if he's called up for Euro 2020.

Flashes would be my thinking too, took a couple of goals very well against hull last season, thought he might become a contender to lead the line.Yeah klich was looking wrecked well before covid tbh.

Of course Bielsa know best :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

Costa out for rest of the season. Has he done enough to be still around next season? Phillips and Raphinha are touch and go for Spurs game.

Read an article about Alfonso Pedrazza who is now starting LB for Villareal in the Europa League semi-final and has been linked with Real Madrid and Barca recently. Sentence that struck me was that near the end of the season where we missed out on playoffs under Monk he was on the bench with Kalvin Phillips and Stuart Dallas. That's some waste of talent on the bench in hindsight!!!

Costa out for rest of the season. Has he done enough to be still around next season? Phillips and Raphinha are touch and go for Spurs game.

Read an article about Alfonso Pedrazza who is now starting LB for Villareal in the Europa League semi-final and has been linked with Real Madrid and Barca recently. Sentence that struck me was that near the end of the season where we missed out on playoffs under Monk he was on the bench with Kalvin Phillips and Stuart Dallas. That's some waste of talent on the bench in hindsight!!!

No he has not. That is all i have to say about costa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭jacool

2021/2022 jerseys

Home one has yellow replacing blue
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CNMxL4mAjxg/?utm_source=ig_embed

The second kit is a real dark blue with yellow badge and adidas logo.

Third kit says "purple" but is "lilac" at best
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CNr-wAZjYqf/?utm_source=ig_embed

Costa hasn't done enough for me but I very much doubt Bielsa will get rid of him given the amount of game time he has given him.

jacool wrote: »
    2021/2022 jerseys

Prefer the blue to the yellow on the home kit, it stands out more. The third kit is a shocker, even worse than this year's third kit, which is some achievement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

This is the 2nd kit next year, just swap pink for yellow. Hopefully not with the same pricetag!! Adidas aren't very original with their designs considering the amount each club's fans spend on them.

https://arsenaldirect.arsenal.com/Football-Shirts-and-Kit/Third/Arsenal-Adult-20-21-Authentic-Third-Shirt/p/MGH6654

Costa out due to unpunished wrestling slam but Wan Bissaka and Raphinha out due to what should have been a red card tackle by Fernandinho. Definitely not having it our way with the refs this season!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

2nd kit looks decent. The 3rd is surely the worst in many years.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

jacool wrote: »
    2021/2022 jerseys

Where is the second kit? Without needing to set up an Instagram acc

• Advertisement

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    Where is the second kit? Without needing to set up an Instagram acc

If its what I'm thinking of, just think arsenal away jersey this season with a Leeds crest.

Hoping it's different and a nod to an older jersey like this years away one

2nd kit looks okayish, agree with blue instead of yellow on the home kit. If they could make it less transparent too that would be great! :o

Wish I'd picked up one of these bad boys back in the day

Leeds-United-15-16-Kit%2B%25282%2529.jpg

Kalvin and Raph back on the bench. Good news.

Roberts isn't quite there yet but the boy has skill. Could yet be a star. Costa won't.

Kalvin and Raph back on the bench. Good news.

Strongest bench we've had in two decades.

• Advertisement
Advertisement