Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭blaa85

Can't believe that Kane goal got ruled out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,986 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

blaa85 wrote: »

Yep, the benefit of the doubt should be with the attacker if the margins are unclear, even if they go 2-1 up.

Instead we do. Woohoo!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

blaa85 wrote: »

It's about time one of those decisions went our way, we've been on the wrong side enough times this season. Much better performance this week, great to see Pat back on the scoresheet. They look very dangerous in attack but we're playing well and deserve the lead. What a ridiculously talented front four they have, be nice to have any one of those!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

Fun game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,622 ✭✭✭newhouse87

very very happy with our new Centre halves, i dont have as many heart palpitations every time another team attacks now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭blaa85

Some football being played considering who we have on our bench. Would love to see Raph on 2nd half, he'd tear up that defence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 890 ✭✭✭A Law

newhouse87 wrote: »
    very very happy with our new Centre halves, i dont have as many heart palpitations every time another team attacks now.

Llorente looks like he could be a great buy.

When you see their goal again, Ayling was badly at fault, he completely lost Son and got caught ball watching

I don't wish to tempt fate but we just look so comfortable. Why didn't we play like this last week?

One eye on EFL... CMON ROTHERHAM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,046 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

Tyler is liability. Three dodgy passes in two minutes. Thank god he is off.

Stupid free kick from Jack.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,023 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Harrison really gets under the ball sometimes!

That is wonderful

This second half performance has been text book how to play with a half time lead. Superb stuff.

Great sequence to the third goal.

Michael Oliver a superb ref, so good you rarely notice him. Can we have him every week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,076 ✭✭✭✭event

Mason was very naive to set up like this vs us. Has he never seen us play? Went all attacking in midfield.

Klich had a good game, good to see. Delighted for Bamford and then Rodrigo to get a goal each in the striker position.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,343 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

That's as good a team performance as you'll see from any team in the PL this season. Great to see Bamford scoring again, his confidence has to have been a little shaken by his dry spell.

• Advertisement

Leeds will end the season unbeaten at home against the Super League six.

And I expect us to do even better against them next season.

With our youth prospects we really don't need to buy much either, three players in while off-loading the same amount.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Hijpo

Has anyone done the double on us?

Hijpo wrote: »

I think Brighton and Wolves did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,541 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Hijpo wrote: »

Wolves, West Ham and Brighton, so nobody else can do it.

Not long in the door, just saw highlights. Goals were well worked, was never a huge amount for the finisher to do, but that could be due to the defending which looked awful.

Var is a mess, but went for leeds for a change (kanes goal, not Rodrigo as he was a mile on). Result dependent for rest of weekend could end up in mix for 8th too

The best thing about todays result is it really mattered to Spurs. :)

• Advertisement

I think Brighton and Wolves did.

And West Ham.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Jimmy Two Times

Best performance of the season for me. Not necessarily the best result but we dominated the game. Only indecision on our part allowed them win the ball back and get anything going.

Koch was excellent and may save us 30 million in the summer.

Alioski produces against a top team again. I’ll be sorry to see him go.

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    And West Ham.

Yeah, tried my best to forget the second West Ham one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭downthemiddle

Nice to beat Spurs on their own turf.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Great performance yesterday, albeit against a poor Spurs. Alioski and Harrison great double act down the left, against Bale “earning” his 600k a week…. :D.Klich looked a lot better, Staggering amount of work from Dallas again. Koch looked very comfortable at defensive midfield. I think we may see nibbles at the end of the season for him and Llorente as well as Raphinha. Raph had a brilliant step over as soon as he came on, and the difference in speed in attack when he comes on is noticeable.
    I thought Roberts wasn’t too bad first half, but had a shocking 2 minutes at the start of the second half. Decisive action by MB to sort it out too. Thrilled to see Rodrigo score, I do think he will be an immense player for us if he gets the chance. May we never, ever put Struijk through the hell of DM again.
    A very good CB in the making. Lineker going on about Kane’s VAR like it never happened to any other team before. How many goals have we had struck out because of similar, if not worse, decisions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Villa still two points back and only a game in hand. Top 10 still on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,214 ✭✭✭championc

Striujk has really learned massively from the opportunities presented to him in the season. Should really be Young Player of the Year. Cooper will see feck all game time with him, Lloriente and Koch injury free.

Alioski has really increased his pricetag in the past few weeks. If he goes, he'll net the club a nice sum.

I liked Rodrigo's composure for his goal.

Southgate has seen Bamford a fair bit recently. Got to be very close to getting the nod you'd think.

Bielsa deserves huge credit for what he's done with this group. He has made Prem players out of many who clearly weren't a year ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    And West Ham.

And Liverpool.

That var has a lot of faults though

joeysoap wrote: »
    And Liverpool.

That var has a lot of faults though

No, we drew with Liverpool three weeks ago. Llorente equaliser.

championc wrote: »
    Alioski has really increased his pricetag in the past few weeks. If he goes, he'll net the club a nice sum.

Not if he goes this summer, his contract is up at the end of June.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Sorry , crossed wires, I meant we did Liverpool a favour yesterday.I remember the result ok, it was ‘Champions League’ week :pac:

Should really be Young Player of the Year.

Ah now. Foden has that sewn up and rightly so. Struijk has done well but let's not get ahead of ourselves, he has a lot to learn. He was the fault for the Brighton goal last week either a shocking clearakce

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,214 ✭✭✭championc

event wrote: »
    Ah now. Foden has that sewn up and rightly so. Struijk has done well but let's not get ahead of ourselves, he has a lot to learn. He was the fault for the Brighton goal last week either a shocking clearakce

Sorry, I meant the LEEDS YPOTY

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Jimmy Two Times

Mason was very naive to set up like this vs us. Has he never seen us play? Went all attacking in midfield.

Very similar to the first Villa game when Smith thought they were better than us and could play as they liked and would be too strong for us. We murdered them in midfield and on the wings that night too as Grealish and Barkley had no interest in helping their full backs or defenders.

Thought Klich looked like he was back to his best although he did give it away a couple of times by holding on too long looking for the clever pass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Yeah Klich had a great game overall and I was delighted to see it, he's been brutal for 4 months

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

Most seasons he'd get it but this year it's got to be Meslier. Phenomenal entrance to the Premier League. Unheard of 2 years ago when he signed. League debut 15 months ago and look at him now.

Was trying to add something in about Victor Orta doing a great job having these players that are able to take on Bielsa's methods and couldn't word it properly. This below on WBA's transfer activity last summer shows how well run we are in comparison:

Either way, the squad Albion started the season with was ill-equipped for the task. It was unbalanced, devoid of a single senior defensive midfielder or a conventional centre-forward who Bilic trusted but featuring three summer recruits in Callum Robinson, Karlan Grant and Diangana, who all favoured a left-wing role.

Also same article says that Ainsley Maitland-Niles (23) called a team meeting to sort out the team's mentality back before they convincingly beat Chelsea and Southampton. Seriously impressive attitude for a lad of that age. Welcome to come and play in front of Kalvin if he wants. Can share the taxi with Pereira!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Was trying to add something in about Victor Orta doing a great job having these players that are able to take on Bielsa's methods and couldn't word it properly. This below on WBA's transfer activity last summer shows how well run we are in comparison:

Either way, the squad Albion started the season with was ill-equipped for the task. It was unbalanced, devoid of a single senior defensive midfielder or a conventional centre-forward who Bilic trusted but featuring three summer recruits in Callum Robinson, Karlan Grant and Diangana, who all favoured a left-wing role.

Also same article says that Ainsley Maitland-Niles (23) called a team meeting to sort out the team's mentality back before they convincingly beat Chelsea and Southampton. Seriously impressive attitude for a lad of that age. Welcome to come and play in front of Kalvin if he wants. Can share the taxi with Pereira!

I can't imagine they can keep Pereira. He is a seriously top class player and will be snapped up in the summer. Would love him at Leeds but I can see a bidding war for him.

Ah ok. I'd have Meslier ahead of him myself

Speaking of POTY, Stuart Dallas to win it for the second year running? He's some buck! Check out this stat.

https://twitter.com/LUFCDATA/status/1391396006349185030?s=19

Yeah player of the year again for me. Probably my favourite player, just ahead of Phillips

Yeah, Dallas and Meslier nailed on for awards for me. Philips on challenge to Dallas but not close really. If he was 5-7 years younger he’d be worth £50m! Not saying that he isn’t right now....

Yeah player of the year again for me. Probably my favourite player, just ahead of Phillips

Same here, he's my favourite player since Gary Kelly. Not only has he played all those positions this season, he has been our best player in a number of them. I think he is a better right back than Ayling, better left back than Alioski and this season he has been a better 8 than Klich.

Did I mention I was a journalist for the Daily Mail?

Everton are one of the teams considering a summer move for Ainsley Maitland-Niles. They are battling Leeds and a couple of other Premier League rivals for the Arsenal man. (Daily Mail)

• Advertisement

Did I mention I was a journalist for the Daily Mail?

tenor.gif

Advertisement