Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,622 ✭✭✭newhouse87

Piroe just seems so cumbersome and needs space to work in. Touch is poor too.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,297 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

He also barely moves and offers little from general play. He's a very good finisher but that's not enough for me, especially with how we play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,076 ✭✭✭✭event

Yeah Piroe is a good player but probably not enough for us. Suppose we should be careful what we wish for. Huge loss with Bamford out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,986 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

I f we have Paddy as an option for the final that’d be a big bonus. I reckon we’re heading to Wembley but not confident about winning there with the players currently available.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

DJ and Paddy are huge loss to that team. Piroe was at the party the other night, which was a good sign, but Jimmys reaction to his goal and the fact that only Gnonto congratulated him for it is a worry. It maybe that we don't have a team player, or there is still something simmering over the famous penalty.

Meslier

Byram Rodon Ampadu Firpo

Kamara Gruev

Gnonto Gray Summerville

Rutter

So that's an interesting line up. No Piroe. Big call tbh. All the goal threat coming from Cree

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭downthemiddle

Looks like a team picked to bring a result back to Elland Road. It also leaves me with a feeling in the pit of my stomach.

hmm, dont know what to make of that lineup.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I don’t know if he has much choice. Needs to shore up the midfield after last week.

Loads here have said Piroe isn't good enough. So not sure what else you expect him to do

Nailed on penalty for the foul on Gnonto.

Giving away too many free kicks. Going to be made pay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭jacool

They will create one more chance before half-time. This slowing it down is working.

Unlucky on penalty and off-side call was tight.

When will Gnonto learn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Happy enough to be honest, clean sheet is the main objective. Free count is 10-3 in favour of Norwich even though we have 55% possession. It always seems harder to win a free than concede one and whilst Gnonto needs to learn not to react to the referee, it must be very frustrating that he is regularly penalized for things that don't get him frees when it's done to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,015 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

Rutter having a mare. Can't hold up the ball. Meslier giving me the shlts with his play out from the back

As an aside just how rubbish is Sky Sports coverage! Half time analysis consists of a few minutes discussing one chance for Norwich, that's it! Rest is ad breaks with one return to tell us the second half is after another break!

Gruev isn’t his normal composed self this game.

Great tackle, Sam

• Advertisement

Someone must have had a word with the referee, starting to get the card out now for the Norwich late tackles.

Im his biggest fan here I'd say. But Rutter is gone to **** ever since the injury.

Do we not do any shooting practice during the week? A pro should surely make the keepr work at least. Fookin fresh air shots.

Home game to get to the play off final. No excuses.

I'm usually conservative enough but I'd nearly drop Rutter, have Gnonto up front and James wide right

That’s ok, I’d have taken that before the start. DJ is able to play which is good. I wondered if he was just put on the bench to make up the numbers.

I'll settle for that. We controlled the game by and large but the main objective achieved.

James has to start the next day if at all possible. He showed more in his few minutes than anyone did in the whole game. Disappointing that Joseph didn't get a run today, I thought he was worth trying. Kamara worked hard today but there's very little worth highlighting in the game tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,046 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

Norwich were dreadful.

The problem with Leeds is they are totally blunt and narrow in attack.

Somebody shoot. FFS.

Looks like second game was similar. Saints had all the possession & more shots. Looks like both teams should have scored there, so probably 1-1 a fair result

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,297 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

An unbelievably boring game but I'm happy with the result. Bar the first 20 minutes, we controlled the game but offered nothing in attack. Norwich were poor and we really should beat them on Thursday if we can avoid being caught on the break.

Rutter was atrocious, constantly losing the ball and looks miles off it. Confidence looks very low.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭jonnreeks

Leeds and Norwich are two very poor teams, after watching that play-off. All four teams in the play-offs are no better!

• Advertisement

Yeah basing a team on one tense game is a good idea alright

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Jimmy Two Times

I'll take that result,given the way we've played recently.

Norwich as a whole offered very little and were actually more dangerous the night we beat them 1-0 at home. We controlled the second half yesterday but as all have said, we had nothing in attack.

When Wagner got Huddersfield promoted through the play offs they didn't score a single goal themselves. One OG from Tom Lees and both semi final and final won on penalties.

You'd think we should have enough to get through on Thursday but if they park the bus and play for the 0-0 it won't be easy.

Having said all that, if we can't score against a team that has Shane Duffy as its defensive mainstay, we don't deserve to go to Wembley.

This will give everyone a good laugh. Jesse Marsch has been appointed the new head coach of Canada. Check out the below section from the press release. Honestly, the man should be a spin doctor! Record transfer sales claimed as an achievement. 12th in the table for non-penalty expected goals! 🤣 Led the league in disruption of opposition passes by a large margin, honestly the man has no shame!

Marsch joined Leeds United in England’s Premier League in February 2022, and he guided them to safety from relegation in the 2022/23 season with a final-day win at Brentford. This victory saw Leeds become the only club to escape relegation when entering the final day of the season in the league’s bottom three teams. He then oversaw the club’s summer 2022 transfer window, where club record transfer sales were achieved. ​ His departure came at a time when the club sat in 12th in the Premier League for non-penalty expected goals, and the club led the league in disruption of opposition passes by a large margin.

Brilliant, that shows what Northamericans know about soccer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Neewollah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,541 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Greatest thing I've read, what an absolute spoofer!

That’s magnificent @Ceist Beag 🤣

Better to have left it blank than include that waffle.

Any chance that we can re-instate Marsch before Thursday?

I feel I'd be more relaxed knowing that "the club led the league in disruption of opposition passes by a large margin."

• Advertisement

Just saw that Marsch has replaced a manager called Mauro Biello.

Last job he got, he was after Marcello Bielsa.

I'd say the Gills new manager, Mark Bonner, must be planking himself!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,541 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

"You'll never sing that"....opposition wouldn't know how to handle it

Not going to see the match this evening (coaching commitments) but that's possibly better for my heart and nerves!

How do you all think we'll go at this one? I'd agree with those who are suggesting dropping Georiginho and putting Gnonto up front with James on the right although I very much doubt Farke will be so bold. My gut feel is that he will start the same 11 again as a conservative approach and see how it pans out. I don't expect him to go for the jugular even though I'd say a lot of us thinks Norwich are there for the taking.

I agree re dropping Rutter. The kid probably needs a rest, 49 games in 9 months is a hectic schedule and he’s only missed one league game. At a guess Meslier would be the only one to play more. All our opponents have the same problem but is there another European league where you play 46 games and then have two cup competitions on top of that?

An early goal and I think we’ll coast through. I don’t think they’re strong opposition and I expect us to make the final but have no idea how we’ll cope there. If we finally hit some form tonight that’ll count for a lot at Wembley.

BBC podcast "the 72" implied it would be down to Sargent being fit or not. Their "experts" said that if he played Norwich could sneak it. They reckoned that the Elland Road atmosphere would weigh heavy on the Leeds players, especially if it stayed goalless for a long time. They also went for the Baggies. I think I'd rather face them in the final too. They all reckon the Russell Martin "pass-the-ball-to-death" style might do well at Wembley. Got the new "70% off" gear ready to go for tonight. Hope the neighbours are out.

Il be refreshing flashscore listening to bruce springsteen in Cork. Our last playoff against Derby second leg was painful to witness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Jimmy Two Times

Or Mick Bohan maybe :-)

Chances are he'd be better at Ladies GAA than the soccerball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,046 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

If Leeds play the game and not the occasion we should be fine.

Unfortunately for the last 8 matches they played the occasion, whether it was top of the table nerves or Ipswich/Leicester winning nerves.

I won't use the term "bottle jobs" until the playoffs are over and they prove that they are or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭downthemiddle

Piroe in for Byram from the last game

What a genius goal

• Advertisement
Advertisement