Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,025 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

You beautiful Bulgarian man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭downthemiddle

Hmmmmmmmmm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,076 ✭✭✭✭event

Hon the Joel

that’s a gorgeous pass from Willy

Hmmmmmmmmm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,541 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

This false hope is a killer

Meslier added about 8 figures to his value there

Played Ilan

Didnt know Ashley Barnes played with them. Was he playing Sunday? Horrible player

A booking for a diving, how rare

• Advertisement

And breathe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Neewollah

Great to see the form from before the international break return. Hopefully it continues for another game and a half

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,986 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Don’t be complacent lads, she’s on the way.

Post edited by Seathrun66 on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭adaminho

just finished work and looked at the phone. I was going to watch the second half but I don't want to jinx it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,046 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

Rutter, Piroe and Gruev certainly made their point. This is angry Leeds.

Didn't think I'd see it again this season.

Should be 4

Wrap em up in cotton wool

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,343 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Hopefully this will see Cooper getting a final ER run out for the last few minutes.

Firpo was great there.

Really need Coops on

Rodon off for Cooper please.

Actually looks like he’s not going to bring Cooper on - think that’s bad form with a 4-0 lead.

He can do one more sub

ah sorry thought we had done 2 before those 3 for some reason

Coming on now at least

• Advertisement

There he is

Nice touch

Its gonna be a long wait til Sunday week

That's **** it lads. Start that team in the final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,615 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

Leeds once again getting our hopes up, only for the big fall at the final hurdle no doubt. They should be winning this play-off final, but nothing is straight forward with the club. Love to see them do it, but its hard to be confident with Leeds no matter how well they're playing.

Read an article earlier but dunno how true it was. Talking about Leeds being back in the top flight being huge for football. Surprised me when they said Leed were the biggest supported team in north England, from people actually from north England. Liverpool and Man U having far bigger support down south, and across the rest of the country generally, and of course internationally. But within just north England, Leeds carry the biggest support, becoming synonymous with and the embodiment of north English culture. Thought it was interesting, dunno how true it is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,622 ✭✭✭newhouse87

Could enjoy bruce in lashing rain after halftime. Stress free when not watching.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

How did you even get updates? Brutal phone signal in PuC.Eventually got the score at half time, gave up after that and enjoyed the rain. And Bruce.

Checked at 815 and 1 up. And again 830 and halftime. Couple lads whatsapp me aswel. Signal was slow though alright. Made show v enjoyable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Great win, was o key able to watch half live then extended highlights, Norwich are not great but it doesn’t matter, great boost before the final, a win like that gets the motivation and confidence back after a disappointing end to season.

Finals are always a toss up but Iam confident this team will go all the way, I think they finally know after today that they are the best team in this playoffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 281 ✭✭supersaint3

I got one in the airport going out…. In the Southampton end! It was an experience and particularly because we were so sh1te on the day and Elland Road was very flat…. Unlike last night yessssss!!!!!!!

Now the question is…. How can I get two Wembley tickets??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

Stop getting me excited. We looked great last night. Heads a bit sore in work today. Wasn’t going to have a tipple but I knew I’d need it for the nerves.

Southampton it is...we're due one

Got a feeling it will be a classic final, I can see both teams just going after it, going to a rollercoaster of a game I think

Damn, the Saints are heading to Wembley in the same form as us. Can’t call this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭Paranoid Mandroid

Edit: childish comment from me deleted

Post edited by Paranoid Mandroid on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Jimmy Two Times

Play like we played on Thursday night and we've a great chance. Only problem is that we won't be facing a team with Shane Duffy, Ashley Barnes and a half fit Josh Sargent in it. We need to figure out how to counteract Smallbone's movement and do a better job on Armstrong than we did at ER.

Afraid to get the hopes up, obviously love to win at Wembley but the prospect of another grim season in the EPL is not that inviting to be honest.

They are the only team to do the double over us this year I think. For me, they are favourites due to their goal threat. Bamford wont be fit (and he isnt very good at coming off the bench). I think they have our number this year to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

I wouldn't say for a second that Southampton have our number. They beat us at their place early in the season when we were still trying to find our best eleven. Our back four that day was Shackleton, Struijk, Cooper and Byram! The defeat on the last day was meaningless.

It's a 50-50 game and both teams have enough quality to go out and win it. I said before the playoffs that our defence would be what gets us up if we are to go up. Another clean sheet and we're there as the last game will have given our forwards the confidence they badly needed. Going by what Farke and the players have said, the biggest challenge this weekend will be to channel their emotions positively. It sounds like the occasion got to a few players emotionally in recent weeks, resulting in poorer performances. I trust Farke to have them well prepared on Sunday and I'd be quite happy to start conservatively and be patient in waiting for the right chance to come.

As Jimmy said though, it's a strange one as we would all love to win on Sunday and we would be delighted for the team to have the opportunity to play in the PL but make no mistake, next season in the PL would be a much grimmer prospect for fans than another season in the championship. At some point something needs to be done to address the increasing gap between the two leagues.

I need to decide whether or not to go to the Leeds supporters bar in San Francisco at 7am, it will be packed but it’s 7am….and win or lose I’ll probably be blacked out by noon…lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭jacool

I looked on BF

To be promoted: 4/5 Leeds 11/10 Soton

90 mins: 7/5 Leeds 5/2 draw 9/4 Soton

I'll be all over over 2.5 goals at 19/20 myself - this will be a roller coaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Jimmy Two Times

Go, if we win and you don't go you'll regret it.

If we don't win, you'll have a few beers with some fellow fans, be home in your scratcher by lunchtime and up for work on Monday,fresh as a daisy.

I've seen some Twitter posts from LUFC Bay Area , seem like a good bunch.

We're wearing the white jersey on Sunday.

Praying we go up, you really dont know when we will get chance again. I don't fancy going to a league1 game vs doncaster ever again. Obviously will be tough but cannot pass up this opportunity. I have faith in this board to get things right if we go up, if we meander in championship for few years the 49ers might pull the plug and we could be back to cellino days.

”work” that’s definitely out the window…..lol, luckily I work for myself

• Advertisement

Agreed. We have the funding behind us and the basis for a decent Premier League team with several additions. 5/6 of our players will be fine in the PL, several more will be good squad players and good buys should ensure we’ve enough to survive the first year up. I don’t even want to think about the players we’ll lose if we don’t win on Sunday and the losses on transfer fees for those already out on loan.

Advertisement