Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Piroe for Solomon, Ramazani in for Gnonto.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,905 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

We gotta keep slating Piroe!! Sitting pretty in fourth with good fixtures next month.

Sinisterra 96th min winner at Everton. Good on him.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

lovely assist by Firpo again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭xlogo

All the new signings look good so far 👍

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hijpo

3 points and when we were good we were very good. We give the ball back so much though. Rodon is a shadow of what he was for some reason. Solomon was handy, Joseph caused problems, held the ball up well and did defensive duties when needed. I'd like to see gnonto move the ball a touch earlier. Aaronson wants to play fast but we don't provide options fast enough I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,023 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

Solomon is a breath of fresh air to this Leeds team. On another level.

RIP Sol Bamba. Only 39.

Wow, RIP Sol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭downthemiddle

Terrible news. Only a young man. Cancer is a bitch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Firstly RIP Bamba, very sad, puts everything in perspective, not signing the players we want is so insignificant when things like this happen but I understand how these things are

On the game, a lot of positives but tons to approve on, Ron and Amp look to be out of sorts a bit, a bit odd, hard to put the finger on it but it’s off.
    We didn’t play great but have enough quality to win games like this, I think most players look sharp and engaged, Firpo was very good, he will excel at this level, Gnonto played good, very active, Aranson did ok, lots of positives and also you can see this team has the ability to take it up a few gears

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Very sad news about big Sol, he was such a likeable character. Lovely piece by Phil on the athletic on him. RIP big man.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Jimmy Two Times

Good day on Saturday even if we laboured a little before seeing the game out. Like the look of Solomon and will be interesting to gauge the others when there's something at stake. Largie looked like he could do some damage on the ball if we really needed a goal but when he came on it was all about making sure we kept the ball and got the result. Had to laugh though,we've a song for Tanaka already and he's not here five minutes while poor old Dan James has been breaking his you know what for a few years now and nothing.

It was all yelllowwwwww 😀

They'll never sell…….😀

Apparently Tanaka had more touches after he came on than the whole of the Hull team in that time….

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

It was incredible the number of yellow shirts there. Sales of them alone must have sorted out any PSR issues we have 😂

If you squint very hard at your first pic you might just be able to make me out in the process of getting sunburned!

You would wonder why we bother adhering to PSR. Leicster, the serial cheats, win the appeal and escape again. They told the EFL that they couldn’t punish them because they were in the EPL at the time. Their appeal says they weren’t in the EPL at the time, so they can’t punish them either. Brilliant rule making.

It's an absolute joke. They broke the rules. Everyone knows they broke the rules. But nobody can do anything about it because of how badly the rules were written. We got fined for Spygate and then they changed the rules afterwards to stop anyone else spying on other teams. Where's the justice in that when other teams can evade far more serious crimes due to loopholes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

And got punished when relegated to League 1, remember bates put them into administration in championship before end of season but when relegation confirmed. Low amd behold an extra 15 points deducted for that, then rule changed to stop it. An absolute magnet for being punished for breaking no rules

• Advertisement

And people wonder why Leeds fans have a persecution complex!

https://x.com/LiamCooper__/status/1833868396888285644

Nice words by Coops, best of luck big man.

60 point deduction incoming….

Losses for 2023-24: £113.2m

Losses for 2022-23:  £42.1m

Losses for 2021-22: £115.5m 

Total for 3-year period: £270.8m

PSR allowable 3-yr loss: £105m 

"Within the regulations certain deductions are allowed in relation to investment in infrastructure, the academy and women’s teams, among other things, which United believe means they will not fall foul of spending regulations."

man yoo? I doubt it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Where are you getting those figures from? Is there an article somewhere outlining our losses?

MU losses over the past three seasons. I'd guess the point is that they, like Leicester, are going to escape punishment.

Only Meslier, Pascal and Pat left now from Marcelo's team.

Another sad day.

Say what you like about Cooper's performances but he's up there among the club legends for me.

Maybe not one of the best players we've ever had, but definitely one of the best people.

• Advertisement

Sorry, I should have made it clearer that it is Salford Red's figures.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

The Square Ball have released their annual podcast interview with Angus Kinnear. It's very interesting and informative as always, well worth the listen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭downthemiddle

Very interested to hear him talking about Archie. I didn't realise Frankie is back working for the club.

Anyone expecting any change in the lineup today? I'm not but I wouldn't be surprised if Ao nudges ahead of Gruev soon. A lot of players did a fair bit of traveling in the past week so hopefully it won't show today.

Incredibly cheap goal to give away. So Leeds. Defensive bottle jobs.

And we can't finish. Gnonto has the whole goal to aim for and misses a sitter.

• Advertisement

Leeds 75% possession but Burnley had more shots on target. Says it all.

shocking miss by Joseph. Shocking call by the ref not to award a penalty for the foul on Solomon. Aaronson is putting in a shift, as is Gnonto. Looked worrying for Ampadu there for a while. I hope he’s ok.

GNonto, please pass the ball instead of taking a shot, it's just not going for you.

Very hard to create a free chance when they have 8 sitting at the edge of their box. Best chance for either side is on the break.

How many sitters did we miss this game?, another one now. its an absolute disgrace that they bottle it in front of goal. Burnley don't.

17 attempts. Most of them crap. Trafford had a worldie too. Keepers tend to do that against us.

Nobody does in comparison

Ramazani and Tanaka should have come on before Piroe and Rothewell. I

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭newhouse87

Well if you want guaranteed goals you have to get the cheque book out, 15m+. We don't ever seem to prioritize a league leading goal scorer.

Created chances, missed chances, bit of a familiar tale. Disappointing.

Full time.

The two big issues for us are

1: We bottle it at the back, let teams get behind us (and that happens in every game).

2: We don't have the skills to put it in the net.

If we are depending on Aaronson to do that for us, we are in big trouble.

Itchy trigger fingers already….Stoke sack Schumacher. 13th in table, after 2 losses.

• Advertisement

Lot of reports about farkes future today. Would be a terrible decision to remove him. He needed more backing in transfer window if anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭jacool

Its hard to blame Farke when Mateo Joseph is handed a goal on a plate, and spurns it.

Brentford were put in, at exactly that same minute against Man City, and scored. Its got nothing to do with the timing, its got to do with the ability and nerve to finish your chances. 1-0 up that early, and Burnley are having to change their plan and chase the game. So frustrating, as he wasn't actually under any pressure. Make the goalie make a save if you don't score, but not shooting that far wide.

@10000maniacs has got it there to be fair.

We created plenty of chances on Saturday, problem is we butchered them. I don't see how the manager can be held accountable for that. Cool heads are needed here, both in front of goal and in the boardroom.

I really hope they don’t do anything stupid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭adaminho

Any sources? Be stupid if they did anything this early, especially after hearing Angus on TDB podcast the other day.

Many different media outlets, so must be some sources hinting at something. American owners can be trigger happy unfortunately.

I agree it would be stupid. Birmingham did something similar a few years ago when they were fourth in the table, sacking Eustace and appointing Rooney. Look where that ended up. Moronic.

However Farke needs to be more pragmatic in his game management. He needs to start doing it now. He doesn't seem to know the skillsets of some of the players.

When you sell your three best players and replace them with journeymen, you can't expect Farke to be as effective as he was last season. Getting in a number 10 would have mitigated it slightly but we didn't do it.

Post edited by 10000maniacs on

Difficult one this. On the surface it looks like we have the exact same issues we had last year when faced with a team that comes to park the bus.

Last year, while it didn't always work ( particularly in the run in ) more often that not we had the individuals who could create something out of nothing and win the game for us. This year, not so much.

I'm reading that we're going to be fine, sure didn't we dominate the ball against a fellow promotion contender. What people aren't realising is that's exactly how Burnley came to play. Sit back, soak it up, use pace on the break and see what happens.

Yep,it would have been different had Joseph scored that one at the start, how he didn't feint to shoot right and go past the keeper on his left is beyond me.

Yep, had Soloman given the easy pass back and not slipped while trying to turn, maybe they wouldn't have scored.

All that's fine, but I can see us struggling to win games with the players we have. Already the home game against Wilder's lot is looking massive next month.

I'm very 50/50 on Farke too. I agree with everything Jimmy says above. We really struggle against a 'low block' and our football is painfully slow at times. Saturday's setup was reminiscent of Marsch at times, zero width and just running across their box from side to side creating nothing. I don't think we had a single chance of note after they scored. Burnley were happy to sit back and let us have the ball as we were doing nothing with it. Farke is poor at in game management, his entire plan B is to make a few subs at the 70 minute mark and hope it works.

He has been somewhat hamstrung by us not buying a no. 10 and we've lost the individual magic we had last season but it's now 4 wins in our last 15 matches. There's no way he's getting enough out of this group of players.

• Advertisement

If the board sack him after what he did last season, then lose 3 of our best players and not get him his number 10, I think they'll struggle to get a decent manager. AK is on TSB saying we have cash and yet couldn't land Buendia, Rowe, Hamer or Sallai? All we seemed to hear was lowball bids. Unless Tanaka is something special, we are much the same as last season, with lesser/unknown quality to replace James/Gnonto/Joseph. Solomon does look a class act, though. I wonder could he play 10?

Advertisement