Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Wow, ref remembers he can book City players too......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    He didn't dive with two feet off the ground. He had his left on the ground but it rose after winning the ball. Such is momentum, and unavoidable in any tackle.

So his two feet were off the ground

Taking off Bamford was a poor decision imo. You can't expect to just defend for 45 mins vs this team. Need an out ball

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,905 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

event wrote: »

Nope. Right foot was down when the left came up. It clearly wasn't a two-footed challenge, unsure why you're pushing that.

Taking off Bamford was a poor decision imo. You can't expect to just defend for 45 mins vs this team. Need an out ball

Agreed. I can only guess that he's not 100% recovered but still an odd one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Yeeeesssssss

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

US ALMANAC INMAPAMS AKZ mIans sksisns

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Get in!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭downthemiddle

Well well well

• Advertisement

Hijpo wrote: »
    If winning the ball is irrelevant then the rule should be you can only challenge if the ball is on the ground.

I dont write the laws. But read them. There is no reference to the ball when it comes to these decisions.

If you use excessive force, which when you leave the ground usually happens as you are no longer in control and make contact with a player, its a red card.

We can moan, rightly, that other decisions should have same outcome. But by letter of the law its red

Oh you ****ing daisy

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

You seem to be confusing it with a 2 footed lunge. That was a 50/50 with the ball at knee height. Cooper cleared it and it was a 'slight contact' according to BTs ex ref. You don't play football with both feet on the ground for 90 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,494 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Oh this is sweet

That was nice.

I dont write the laws. But read them. There is no reference to the ball when it comes to these decisions.

If you use excessive force, which when you leave the ground usually happens as you are no longer in control and make contact with a player, its a red card.

We can moan, rightly, that other decisions should have same outcome. But by letter of the law its red

Not a two-footed challenge.

• Advertisement

I think Stewie Dallas has just made it into my all time Leeds 11, I just love that man! This was a real statement for the future I feel. Against many odds it's a super 3 points.

45 points, did any of think we'd get that, at the start of the season?

Will leeds be only team undefeated to man City all season?

3 more points from this run than expected too, I'd love to have seen the odds at the equaliser

Weren’t we the only one they needed to beat to beat every team at least once in a season?

Strangely, I think the red helped get that result. We had to dig in and defend for our lives. We never lost our shape and showed great discipline. This team is growing in stature.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,613 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

What a win. Leed's are the team that beat the team

whiterebel wrote: »
    Weren’t we the only one they needed to beat to beat every team at least once in a season?

Yeah, they've beaten everyone else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭adaminho

Dynasty 1- Dallas 2

Well in fairness to Seathrun he did.

Yes. I'll look back on the old posts but I think I forecast 58-60. Our players and management are good enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hijpo

Im not saying he shouldn't have been penalised, Ref initially gave a yellow, correct decision.

Excessive force, extremely late, no where near the ball, never even attempted to play the ball, 100% cynical, player actually forced off in the end because of the challenge. Fernandihno Yellow card.

Great result, definitely wasnt expecting that and would have been delighted with a 0-0 draw. Defense was so so so much better. Delighted to see Meslier actually catching a ball more often than punching.

Strangely, I think the red helped get that result. We had to dig in and defend for our lives. We never lost our shape and showed great discipline. This team is growing in stature.

I'd agree with that. We'd probably not have coped with 100 minutes of open play against them, even with their rested players.

Ceist_Beag wrote: »

I forecast 48 for the end of the month also. Good chance now. We'll not beat both Liverpool and MU but surely a good chance of taking one of them. The pressure is even more off now and we'll be having a go at two teams that are greatly inferior to the one we've just beaten today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Ceist_Beag wrote: »

I think he had us winning the league,lol
    Maybe we should embrace his optimism more

Man of the match today ?
    A lot of great performances, maybe Dallas or Philips, I think Meslier was fantastic though

I think he had us winning the league,lol
    Maybe we should embrace his optimism more

Man of the match today ?
    A lot of great performances, maybe Dallas or Philips, I think Meslier was fantastic though

Try giving the champagne to anyone but Dallas. I thought Llorente was magnificent but they were all great, no poor performances today.

• Advertisement

Phillips for me. Dallas will get the headlines and rightly so. No many score 2 vs thr champions elect.

But Kalvin was incredible. One of my favourite ever players tbh

Try giving the champagne to anyone but Dallas. I thought Llorente was magnificent but they were all great, no poor performances today.

Yea, meant to mention Llorente as well, superb and I could see him being a reliable player for us for a long time, he definitely has a touch of class

They beat the other Manchester team in the cup but not the league

Im not saying he shouldn't have been penalised, Ref initially gave a yellow, correct decision.

Excessive force, extremely late, no where near the ball, never even attempted to play the ball, 100% cynical, player actually forced off in the end because of the challenge. Fernandihno Yellow card.

Great result, definitely wasnt expecting that and would have been delighted with a 0-0 draw. Defense was so so so much better. Delighted to see Meslier actually catching a ball more often than punching.

Lack of consistency as usual. Fernandinho's was a calculated assault. Far more of a red. Marriner was brutal.

Absolutely has to be Stewie, it's a game he will remember proudly. Agreed that Phillips was super and Llorente gets better with every game. It will be interesting to see if Koch or Struijk partners him with Cooper out. I would like to see him and Koch try to form a partnership. But today is Stewie Dallas' day.

Only 29 points off City now.

And more crucially only 4 off a Europa place. Won't happen but augurs well for next season.

Probably just me, but i hate the thoughts of the Europa League. Is there any money in it after travelling to the arse end of outer Mongolia?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hijpo

Only 29 points off City now.

And more crucially only 4 off a Europa place. Won't happen but augurs well for next season.

Any one listening to soccer saturday build up where Kris Boyd was criticising leeds and bielsa trying to say that for spending 100m in the summer they should be kicking on and doing better. Jeff Stelling couldn't wait to get back to him after Dallas scored haha

Lack of consistency as usual. Fernandinho's was a calculated assault. Far more of a red. Marriner was brutal.

It's probably not usual to complain about the ref after the game but it's difficult not to here. Setting aside the contentious red there were consistent mistakes on corners, free-kicks and fouling.

Our only response can be to get into the top six so we benefit, rather than suffer, from those decisions.

• Advertisement

Probably just me, but i hate the thoughts of the Europa League. Is there any money in it after travelling to the arse end of outer Mongolia?

You really have to win it to make it worthwhile. Does anyone remember the losing finalists from the past few years?

Following that advice we'll instead just by-pass the Europa next season and settle for fourth.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

That was possibly the most heroic performance from a Leeds team that I can recall. Before the game I would have just been happy not to get hammered, and even when they got back to 1-1, I wasn't confident we'd be able to hold on and a point would have been incredible. To actually come away with all three points after what can only be classed as an atypical Leeds performance and with only 10 men for the second half is the sort of thing that people will talk about for years.

While Dallas was outstanding and will rightly get all the plaudits for the two goals, I can't separate Philips and Llorente for MOTM. That victory was won from the back, and they were both immense, although to be fair there wasn't a single bad performance on the pitch (unless you include the ref :pac:). Meslier was also superb, as someone mentioned already he got his hands to so many balls and held onto them, rather than punching, and he looked so much more confident for it. While I won't say it doesn't matter what happens next against Liverpool, Man U and Spurs as we already have 2 or 3 more points from this run than most would have predicted, there has to be a belief in the team now that there's more points, and a top 10 place, to be won.

Just on the performances today, Alioski was better defensively than usual and his pass for Dallas was inch perfect. The only player I was not impressed with, once again too, was Costa.

Even my wife just actively sought out the highlights, and something that has been missed out (I think) is the ball by Alioski for the winner...outside of the boot through the gap, perfectly weighted too.

As everyone else has said, every player was outstanding today!

Yeah that annoys me more. Those cynical tackles can cause serious injury and are a big danger

Oh please no. Every game on a Sunday as well. Our squad isn't big enough for both campaigns

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Interesting stat on the BBC. I know these things really don't mean much if the rest of your season is going like sh*t, but it's an indication of how tough it is for newly promoted teams to adapt to the PL. In Hull's case they avoided the drop by a point that season.

Leeds have become just the fourth promoted side to win away against the Premier League leaders in the competition's history, after Ipswich at Norwich in December 1992, Derby at Manchester United in April 1997 and Hull City at Arsenal in September 2008.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

Don't understand why Bielsa thought that Costa was ahead of Bamford and Roberts as an outlet when we were to face an onslaught down to 10 men. Shows what I know

Not to bash Cooper in anyway because he has served us well but it looks more and more ominous that he isn’t at the same standard as our other options for cb, not sure he would stay if becomes a bench player in the future but I really think he won’t be starting next year if everyone is healthy.

Every time i write Alioski off, he comes back like he did today. He had a really daunting task today, and i thought he did really, really well. Great ball at the end for Dallas. I thought Costa did ok today, got a few tackles, nicked a few balls and played some good passes. Raphinha's delivery poor today from set pieces; i didn’t think he was at it today, his one on one near the end was poor. Every game now he goes down like he has been sawed to death for relatively minor stuff. Refs will be watching out for him if he keeps it up. Dallas, Llorente, KP immense. Good tackles and interceptions by Ayling, confident display by Meslier. Well dome to Struijk too. Fantastic performance all around.

Edit. Being a bit harsh on Raph. Thinking back on the first tackle from Sterling probably didn’t help his humour. He probably doesn't feel like he's getting much protection from refs at times. The shocker at the end from Fernandinho wouldn't have helped. Someone said he had aleady been booked? I don't remember the previous one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭adaminho

Any one listening to soccer saturday build up where Kris Boyd was criticising leeds and bielsa trying to say that for spending 100m in the summer they should be kicking on and doing better. Jeff Stelling couldn't wait to get back to him after Dallas scored haha

https://twitter.com/footballdaily/status/1380844499925098496

• Advertisement
Advertisement