Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hijpo

I saw a comment suggesting that some senior players had met with Bielsa and asked him to change some tactics and he wouldn't. Could be true, could be complete sh**.

Im back to just wanting a good performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

Caught Jesses presser from 13:15. He seems incredibly intelligent tbf and said all the right things. Reading an article in The Athletic today

This was in 2019

“If I fail doing it this way, I’m OK,” said Marsch, then in charge of Red Bull Salzburg and recently appointed Leeds United manager. “I’ve learned enough in this life and in this profession that you have to do it the way you want, because if you get caught trying to be something else or trying to do something else then you just get chewed up and spat out, and then who knows where things end?

“I’ve established myself enough as a coach that I can do it that way, and if people don’t like me, or don’t want to do it this way, there is no problem with that. There’s no problem with that. It’s their club and their business and they’re the owner. But then I’ll find someone who does want to think the same way as me.”

When he was hired by the New York Red Bulls, Marsch replaced Mike Petke, who two years before had led the Red Bulls to a Supporters’ Shield as the best MLS team over the course of the regular season and was also coming off an appearance in an MLS Cup semi-final. In a fan town hall shortly after being hired, a woman stood up, pointed at him, and asked, “What makes this college assistant coach at a second-rate program the right guy to take over Red Bull?” 

At Leipzig, Marsch replaced Julian Nagelsmann, a manager who led them to unprecedented heights: a second-place finish in the Bundesliga and the Champions League semi-final.

Even at Salzburg, Marsch replaced Marco Rose, who left to take over Borussia Monchengladbach after winning consecutive Austrian Bundesliga titles and never lost a home match. There, the fans hung a banner at Marsch’s first game: “Nein zu Marsch” — No to Marsch

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Jimmy Two Times

Picked that up from a couple of sources and coupled with what Marsch said in his presser about having spoken to Victor after the Liverpool game you'd have to think there was some truth in it.

Liked the way he came across in the presser. Respectful of our traditions and of what Marcelo has done for us but not afraid to indicate that there will be some tactical changes.

Excited for Saturday now............although I should know better at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,905 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

I think you’re right. Not quite ‘losing the dressing room’ as they’ve too much respect for him, but I think a fair bit of unhappiness there recently.

I could be wrong but I think the fans will both give Marsch a good welcome and chant MBs name throughout. We’ll see this time next week. Excited again rather than dreading games.

Woohoo! Paddy’s back.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Jimmy Two Times

Think this is exactly what will happen.

Whatever about Saturday with the hard core away support, Thursday will tell a tale when a full ER welcomes him for the first time.

Atmosphere on Thursday will depend on what happens at The King Power but hopefully all will be good.

Can’t wait.

MOT

Therell be chants vs Radz and Orta, a lot of the support has turned against them. I'm not too sure why, some very short memories it seems

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

I think it’s a bit bizarre how quickly people have turned, at least give them the benefit of the doubt for now. They got the club back to the premiership, yes it’s Bielsa but they are the ones that put it all in place

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

It's the complete lack of respect shown towards Bielsa that has the fans angry. This photo below in particular, all three of them with big smiley faces at exactly the same time Bielsa is having teary goodbyes at Thorpe Arch. Talk about not being able to read a room!

I get the optics and I would of preferred Bielsa to go on his own terms, I think he deserved that but we all know the reality of the situation, it’s a difficult situation to manage

Ill be disgusted if fans get rowdy and aim it at the Orta and Radz. If it continues and their positions become untenable, personally ill have nothing more to do with the club.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Those 3 can't seem to gauge the room at all. The photo with Jesse is very disrespectful, in my opinion. Its a PR offensive with all the photos of training etc. Marsch has handled himself well, I’d have to say.

They're welcoming a new manager and helping him to settle into a difficult situation. What should they do, look gloomy and send a different message, give Marsch the idea he's unwanted? MB will understand the circumstances. He'll feel the love and also accept that maybe things had run their course.

Hopefully respect will be given by the fans to all of the above as well as bidding MB a fond farewell. Those three with Marsch have got us back into the PL.

you got to be kidding me, I got to get up at 4am again, so annoying !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,022 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

ha, West Coast? Same here, total balls for morning kickoffs! Thankfully Liverpool have a 9:30 ko tomorrow :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

The room is full of flying rattles and Bielsa standing there is about the only way to appease some of them. The decision was a very tough one but probably the right call, based on financial risk. As for the PR , well it's part of commercial entities. Leeds United is a global brand and needs constant positive promotion. It's natural for some people to rant about this for a while and voice their anger but once they've vented they need to get behind the team.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Looking forward to today and what lineup we end up with.

If its 4222

Meslier

Ayling, struijk, Koch, firpo

Klich, dallas,

Raphina, Harrison,

Rodrigo, james

Subs: Klaesson, summerville, Cresswell, Forshaw, Shackleton, Roberts, Gelhardt, Greenwood, BAMFORD????????????

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Something fishy there. Bamford on the bench but he still couldn’t train on grass a week ago?

• Advertisement

Youd have thought the back 4 would be firpo, struijk, Koch and Ayling. But instead Koch is in midfield, dallas right back and Ayling Centre back.

I cannot understand it.

And again, Raphinha needs to get the finger out

"When Leicester have possession deep, Leeds are holding a line of four - Harrison, James, Rodrigo, Raphinha - in front of them. Not committing and making Leicester go long. #lufc" - twitter Phil hay

Barnes is going through Dallas for fun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

If Rudiger got a penalty against Klich, that's an absolute stonewaller

Yep, I can never go back to bed either, as we they here, helllla annoying

So there is definitely a clear plan, I can see the majority of our goals coming from the pressure we put on them in their own half, creating mistakes.

That’s the problem. Rudiger’s was never a penalty.

We should be looking to get the points here. They are poorer than I thought they’d be. If we can keep Barnes/Vardy quiet we could get the points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 517 ✭✭✭Neewollah

This game is here to be won

• Advertisement

This is painful. Please nothing soft conceded

Banging on the door now

Joffy on for Rodrigo

That’s soft from Dallas, not following at all inside the box

Well that's crap

Roberts on. Sack him now

Roberts injured

They should take him off tbh

Less than zero point leaving him on

• Advertisement

They need to get Roberts off and play with 10.

We looked better here. A striker and we would be out of sight. Wonder will Joffy get a start soon, would have liked him on the end of some of our earlier chances

Back to the usual of the opposition goalkeeper being the man of the match. We looked better though. I’ve no doubt they would have scored 3 or 4 if we were playing man to man still with Barnes and Vardt playing in behind.

That’s pretty frustrating, looked a lot better but a loss is a loss, that style of play will pick us points for sure but will it be enough is the problem

0.35xg vs 2.14xg - Christ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 517 ✭✭✭Neewollah

Much better performance but still a loss. We could easily have been out of sight. Somehow we need to start finding the back of the net consistently

• Advertisement

I know Iam not the only one that had little sympathy for Roberts in the moment, probably our most frustrating player to watch, then we have to watch him limp around and get in the way more than anything else

Not a big fan of Marsch doing the Leeds salute on day 1 and bringing the players into the middle of the pitch after, it is what it is, hopefully we pick up points soon, not looking good

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Performance was much better, we looked solid. However if we can't put the ball in the net then we're not going to win matches.

For the love of god, can we please stop playing wingers up front and start a striker!

Yeah I think Joffy has to start the next game and move James out to the Wing. Let Harrison drop to the bench in my opinion.

I think Harrison has a better end product than James by some margin.

Chelsea go 1 up against Burnley, Newcastle 2-0 up against Brighton, Norwich 1-0 down to Brentford. Villa 2-0 up

• Advertisement
Advertisement