Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Jimmy Two Times

The leap,the vision,the accuracy ........................and the awful ball watching of the Norwich player. Wouldn't see it in the Phoenix Park 🤣

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Just saw this now from this angle, that is no way shoulder to shoulder, hes barged in the back….https://twitter.com/jim_hdwk/status/1503101149095862281?s=21

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭4Ad

Defintely, couldn't of being clearer...

And I'm not a Leeds fan...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

CAS hearing about Agustin today. 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

Game is Friday night as well lads, live on Sky I think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭newhouse87

the more i think about it the better it was win like that rather then beating norwich3 or 4 nil. Feeling much more optimistic. Not saying we will get anything off wolves but some other games, still need burnley and Watford to start losing more points though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭championc

Psychology plays a big part. Hearing Luke saying they feel they finally got some luck with Bar can have huge morale effects too.

The goal celebrations showed the togetherness of squad and bench and coaches

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hijpo

What was the craic with dallas getting a bit shovey with one of the staff in the celebrations? I can understand wanting to join the rest of them in the corner but looked a bit forceful.

Yeah I get what you mean, players know we still have loads of work to do.

Wolves are a funny side. You look at them and think they arent that good. But they are 7th and only City, Liverpool and Chelsea have a better defence. But even we have scored more than them. Brighton, Burnley, Norwich & Everton are the only teams who have scored less.

A 0-0 would be a good result here IMO. The last time we kept a clean sheet was 30th November.

Then after this its a 2 week break. You'd hope there that Jesse gets some time on the training ground with them. All these players should be about to take some part: Ayling, Cooper, Llorente, Bamford, Forshaw, Rodrigo, Harrison, Phillips, Shackleton, Struijk, Gelhardt

Expected away with internationals: Dallas, Koch, Raphinha, James, Klich, Koch

Then we play Southampton. We can get a win there. Those lads are on the beach in their flip flops as it is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,905 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

I think a draw or an outside chance of a win is very achievable on Fri. Wolves are a decent team but nothing to fear, over-achieving this season I believe and their position more down to the erratic performances of Southampton, Spurs, etc. Hopefully they'll underestimate us and play on the counter again. Decent finishing from us (it really is way overdue) and we can sneak a win but I'd be delighted with a draw. I'd also have liked a tougher ref who'll deal with their antics but alas it's Kevin fu*king Friend again.

Wolves 1 Leeds 1

Post edited by Seathrun66 on

• Advertisement

I could watch this forever and a day. It's just sensational.

You go from thinking that we're dead in the water to getting excited when we win the header to hoping that Rapha is going to score himself to thinking he has blown the chance to seeing the sheer joy on Joffy's face when he looks at the lino and confirms he's onside.

Swear to God,still not the better of it.

As for Wolves,they haven't scored more than one against us in the three games we've played against them so far since we've come up.

First was a shocking deflection off Kalvin's head, second an outrageous strike from Tarore that hits the bar and goes in off Meslier and the third a scrappy finish earlier this year at ER.

Our problem has been scoring against their really solid defence.

Funnily enough, I'd be more optimistic against these than I was against Villa,even though Wolves are higher in the table.

Can't go on Friday so watching from behind the couch for a change.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

A bit forceful? Jayz sure he was so wound up he could have trampled his granny and not noticed! Did you not see him sprint at full tilt towards the bench? Next thing we see of him is him smacking the ground in joyous relief, then he gets up to join in the celebrations in the corner where you saw him with one of the staff. The man was so overcome with emotion he must have felt that his head was going to explode. He made it to the corner celebrations quicker than Usain Bolt. He was like a 3 year old after swallowing a packet of skittles, it was brilliant.

Forceful probably not the right description, jot sure how you would describe it. i guess i wasn't expecting that type of reaction to someone on his side trying to celebrate with him. Maybe it's a playful slap to the side of the head, it's hard to see.

Sounds like Dallas had some personal troubles earlier on in the year, was probably a release for him to win a game

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Forceful is ok, I thought he smacked him to be honest. At least a forceful push away. IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Never worked out why we didn't come to a compromise with Leipzig. We were in the wrong and they may have accepted half of the fee. Now we'll be paying out £18m (plus lawyer's fees) and we've gained a reputation for dishonourable transfer dealings alongside it.

Two more games changed for TV.

Aaaaaaaarrrrghh.

And probably the difference in salary - I’ve seen it said that we offered him 90k a week!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

Chelsea and Man City. Poor aul Chelsea will have to set off at 4am on the horse and cart to get to Leeds for a 12.00 kick-off on 17th April! Other one is City moved to 5.30pm on 30th April.

Chelsea are likely to have a CL game midweek before us too. Hopefully its the away leg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

Think it'll be postponed if they beat Middlesboro in the cup anyway. Bonus two week break for our lads.

Firpo out 3-5 weeks. KP and Cooper possible for the Friday, they're in full training.

But Joffy has a back issue, could be out

As usual, 1 step forward, 2 steps back. What's the betting he was injured in the celebration?

Was hoping for a draw or Everton loss tonight. Never mind, the only saving grace is that Newcastle are possibly within our reach. Scrape a win tomorrow by whatever means and we have two very winnable games to follow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

When he was celebrating, it was one of the first things that came to mind, he did a weird jump and jolt when he landed, plus all the crazy celebrating with players jumping on him

obviously Iam more than likely wrong but i thought about it straight away

He will be a big loss, he makes a big impact

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

Can't see us getting anything from Wolves, they're well organised, which will be something we can't cope with. Just about scrapped over Norwich, who are a more limited side than us, at home.

We may just about stay up due to others being worse, but we're a midtable championship team, standard wise. Bielsa worked miracles, making the most limited of players play to their absolute extreme, Bamford prime example. Journey man under any other manager.

I've asked before and never got an answer really. Our owner is having a laugh. Everything done on a streamlined frugal budget. Leeds the only team in England's third biggest city, where's the money? We never seem to have a penny, yet probably one of the most profitable self sustainable teams Id wager, if we saw the finances.

Outside Arsenal, Liverpool, and Man United, Leeds is the most supported English team in Ireland and worldwide, thousands of dormant fans coming out since they got back to Premier League. Never any money though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

I am a little tired of people saying we are this or that, we only have championship level players of we have been over achieving. Look, I fully accept Bielsa did an amazing job but let’s not get carried away, they were still professional players, not Sunday league players, we still invested millions when we got promoted, fans do a lot of crying and moaning about everything, it wasn’t so long ago when we barely had a club, let’s be grateful on what we have

Horsesh*t basically. An oft repeated, lazy and incorrect, myth. We've spent £163m on players in the past 20 months, tried to spend another £20m on Aaronson and have to shell out £18m for Augustin unless CAS reverse the decision. That's make £201m in total since promotion had the Salzburg deal gone through. We were the third biggest net spending club on the planet in 2020 so research next time before posting.

And there's no Championship club with 12 full internationals, unless you care to enlighten me on any. I hate being rude about fellow posters points on this thread, but you really should think before putting up stuff in public.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

They have entered new commercial arrangements in the last couple of years in fairness which has brought in money. It will take further success before more sponsors are willing to get involved though.

".....If we saw the records.'

You've not been looking. The finances are on public record at Companies House, always have been. Easy to find online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Bamford starts...that's good!

Raphinha out...that's bad!

The fact Palace beat then 2 nil makes me think we can have a go at them.... but that's all I'm going on...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭championc

Rapha out is a shame, but it will surely mean that he won't be travelling down and back to Brazil, which can only help our cause

Raph out with Covid. Rules him out for Brazil?

Marsch comments seemed to suggest he may be negative soon enough unfortunately

That's Bamford gone

Bamford is struggling

• Advertisement

Ah ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,023 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

Crap. Bamford's hamstring gone again.

Bad for our season now.

Gelhardt must have a knock then

doubt its hamstring. Heel or foot, it looked like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,023 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

Wolves walk it into the net. How $hit is our defence?

Another injury...remember questioning Bielsa methods, this is nuts

1 sub left. Joffy or Kalvin?

Looking like another one of those nights unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭downthemiddle

When did the whole team develop the first touch of Carlton Palmer?

Excellent from Dallas there.

3 subs before half time Jesus no luck with injuries

• Advertisement
Advertisement