Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Delighted to be ahead, we probably deserve to be in front but since the goal it has been all Southampton so we need to get back to doing what we were doing in the first twenty minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Bit of control in possession would be perfect....is it time for Phillips

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Ii thought we’d push on after the goal, but Southampton have the best of it. Need to get a grip on the game again. Another goal would see their heads drop, I reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Well, can’t do much about that quality

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Typical. The one place you don’t give away a fee kick…….

Is it just me or did that look like a complete dive by Walker Peters?

Walker Peters is killing us, nice to get Gelhardt on, bit of natural quality up top

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

Phillips on, Gelhardt on already

• Advertisement

I'd love to see this 11 start vs Watford

Here’s the 25 minute water break…..

Feels like 2 points dropped.

An Everton win midweek and a win for us vs Watford and that's us safe imo

I’ll take that, fair result in the end. We looked dangerous in decent spells but dropped off in long spells also.

8 points clear from relegation, that’s the main thing, it’s all about picking up points now.

Yeah we were the better team and with Joffy and Phillips on I really liked the look of the team. It does feel like a missed opportunity but it's another point closer to safety. If we can beat Watford we should be safe but it's vital we don't lose. We were quite solid today, Llorente was excellent and Cooper did well on his return. Massive win for Brentford, they are probably safe now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,905 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Anyone else lose their 2021/2022 thread and end up with this in its place?

• Advertisement

The thread seems to have re-appeared

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,023 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

Burnley beat Everton.

Glad we won those last two games. We would be in the doo da now if we didn't.

Beating Watford is a must now.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Yeah we need to beat Watford. Win that and we’re sorted imo. Can’t see Everton or Burnley closing the gap with their games in hand.

Seems to have happened after I put in a comment. Odd.

Yeah, looks like Niamh and Vanilla managed to undelete this one again!

The win for Burnley last night could be a good thing if we beat Watford as it will essentially leave 4 of them fighting it out. That is my most optimistic take on it mind, a draw would have been my preference!. A loss against Watford is now unthinkable as it could put us into making that a 5 way fight and with our next few games coming up that is not a pleasant thought.

But one really nice thought is if Frank gets relegated and we stay up, how nice would that be!

Post edited by Ceist_Beag on

• Advertisement

Same here, was very happy when it was 2-2 but I agree with the upside, particularly with Everton's downward momentum. They could be gone, even without a points deduction. Man Utd have been erratic all season but I'd fancy them to win at Goodison on Saturday, Burnley to beat Norwich, we beat Watford and I could then see the bottom three starting to get cast adrift.

I'd love three points but even if we draw with Watford that's bearable. Losing isn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Interview with de boss. Comes across well.

Accounts for 20/21 were posted today. £26m profit. That is brilliant tbh, brilliant. Radz is doing a very good job as an owner. He isnt to everyones taste (which is strange to me) but no ne can deny we are well run

Majority of the profit was driven by Radz waiving interest on loans so far as I know. 9th place made a huge difference due to the prize money too. That’ll be different this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭jacool

After Everton and Man Utd play tomorrow, its Leeds at Watford.

By the time Leeds travel to Palace on the 25th Everton will have played twice, Leicester(H) and Liverpool(A), and Burnley 3 times, away at Norwich on Sunday followed by home games against Southampton and Wolves. Leeds need something tomorrow to avoid the unlikely, but possible fact of being in the bottom 3 before facing Palace.

Also, it could help put a nail in the Watford coffin. Draw tomorrow and they would need to win 3 more of their last 7 games than Leeds from their 6 to overtake them.

The weekend after that sees three massive games, Watford v Burnley, Leeds v Man City and Everton v Chelsea.

All teams play at the same time on the final day, obviously, but Everton and Burnley have their last games in hand on the previous Thursday. Leeds need to be clear by then. 

Post edited by jacool on

I had this all worked out in the other thread before they removed it 🙈

Basically as you said, once we play Palace the situation will be very clear, all games in hand will be gone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭jacool

I'd say Burnley took huge heart from what was actually only their 4th win of the season!

Everton have only won 2 league games in 2022, unfortunately one was against Leeds. I'd say they are in panic mode at the moment.

Watford are the same, only 2 wins in 2022, and they were away from home. The last team they beat at home was Man Utd, in November.

Leeds have to come out of the blocks and hope that Dan James has the scoring boots on. The early pressing looks brilliant but if you let teams off the hook they just fancy they have a chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Teams who finished in 18th place over last 30 years have ended the campaign with 35.7 points on average. Over the last 10 seasons, it’s been slightly lower at 34.0 points. So 4-6 points needed from a possible 21. 

I've asked ShamoBuc to merge the 2 threads.

And if we can't get 4-6 points by end of season we deserve to go down

• Advertisement

Of course Man United are losing to Everton !!!

Yes, we are going to have to stay up based on our own efforts.

Question is do we have a good enough team to do it?

Feel dirty hoping for a Man U goal here

Phillips still must not be fit, on the bench again. Koch in for Forshaw

Rhymes with duck........

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

You can't rely on that shower in red to do even the simplest tasks.

Fat Frank smiling like a Cheshire cat as if he won the Champions League or something.

I think we just about do, we really need to not lose today, some really tough games coming up after today and then we have Brentford on the last day of the season there, that would be a horrible scenario to be in, needing to win there.

That Everton win is huge for them, can’t emphasize that enough, not expecting Norwich to do anything against Burnley tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

Oh no! My totally rubbish predictions are thankfully lost there

• Advertisement

Brilliant finish, we need that. I was just about to say we're not playing at all well before that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

Yessss!

Great goal, but our passing in Sunday league at best

Slightly against the run of play, lovely finish though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭downthemiddle

The lads in the Phoenix Park won't be happy with that comment.

I was just going to apologise to Sunday league on behalf of both teams, after that passage of play

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭downthemiddle

This is garbage. We are shocking.

One of the sloppiest games you will ever watch from both sides, we are probably fortunate to be ahead.

The game is screaming out for a Forshaw or Philips, someone with a bit of composure and presence.

Some of the passing has been bewildering and our constant dumb fouls outside the box just has to stop, difference from being aggressive and dumb

Brutal half from both teams, it's awful stuff. One second of quality has us ahead but apart from that we're rubbish. I don't know if it's our formation or what but we seem to have no options when playing out from the back. Rodrigo has been anonymous, we really need him to try and get on the ball. Watford seem to have one plan which is to win corners and free kicks around our box. Hope we see Kalvin in the second half.

Yep and it will eventually work, we have been lucky on a few set pieces already.

Using my data roaming to watch this in Guatemala, not worth the cost and anxiety !!!!

Jesus grab a cocktail and turn it off. Reminds me when I watched Ireland Austria on honeymoon in hawaii...fingers crossed for similar result

• Advertisement
Advertisement