Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

event wrote: »

Any word on injuries for tonight, how do we think it will go? Could win or get beat 6 nil, that type of game

The way we have started we could well get beat 6 nil, hope we settle down quickly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 517 ✭✭✭Neewollah

Improving a bit here now the last few minutes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Clinging on, been very poor

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Very sloppy start tonight

Should be 1 up there

He has to score that

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Surprised it's taken them that long to score

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

If Alioski is playing LB, he should be at LB

This 8s beyond brutal. Some ball by Struijk......

• Advertisement

Lucky to be going in just one down, we've been completely outplayed. That said we should have been ahead before they scored. It's a game where we really needed Raphinha, we have no outlet at all.

Bamford's touch is not in so nothing is sticking up top. Liverpool have been well on top without being overly threatening. Still in this and can only be better in the 2nd half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Tough watch that first half, high press from Liverpool from the go.

Said to the lads we'd struggle chances without Raphinha, were bleedin strugglingg to keep possesion!

Hope for a better second half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

Yeah been poor. Costa offering nothing, Bamford only with one chance. Id get Pablo on for Roberts, his passing will get us a chance.

If no goal by 60 get Alioski off, Klich on and Dallas to LB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,905 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Get Gelhardt and Poveda on. Have a go. No incision up front and hard to see any improvement without changes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

I know you'll all probably say I say this every weekend, but Costa shouldn't be near the team, offers nothing. He doesn't even look interested half the time

Give Poveda a go

• Advertisement

Is Bielsa following boards?

If so then Gelhardt next please.

Are Liverpool parking the bus?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

Good chance for Pat and great one for Roberts. Needed one of them

YESSSSSS!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

Get in there

• Advertisement

Get in, fully deserved

We can win this.. They're vulnerable now.

A goal from a corner!!!

We did well to hang on in there and get something. 1st half was terrible.

Really good result that, especially given how poor we were in the first half.

Ultimately happy with that, felt could've won it but will take it. The April run is turning out well anyway

Few things to take away from it.

Really like Llorente and Struiyk.

Phillips excellent again.

Our wingers other than Raphinha are terribly inconsistent. Poveda deserves a start. Looked more threatening that both costa and Jack when he came on

Roberts is improving as a player but he wouldn't finish his dinner unfortunately.

Bamford is going through a lull at the moment and affecting our play in the final 3rd.

Great result all round. Onto the big one at the weekend.

A cliche but that was a real game of two halfs! So much better in the second half and the draw was fully deserved. Pat was unlucky too with his effort. Hopefully the injury to Llorente at the end isn't serious, was delighted for him to get the equalizer.

What about those t-shirts before the game too, always looks better when you back it up with a result!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

Only 1 non-championship player used all night. Side before self. Getting a result when playing poor is the mark of a good team.

Stick by my opinion of Costa

• Advertisement

Neewollah wrote: »
    Our wingers other than Raphinha are terribly inconsistent. Poveda deserves a start. Looked more threatening that both costa and Jack when he came on.

I agree, Poveda should be given a chance ahead of Costa. He always looks lively when he comes on, and certainly causes defences more of a problem than Costa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Great result. Unbeaten now in 5 games.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Bamford with an excellent few words there.

Bamford with an excellent few words there.

He's definitely one of the more articulate footballers around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

Well deserved point, delighted for Llorente

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

Zaph wrote: »
    I agree, Poveda should be given a chance ahead of Costa. He always looks lively when he comes on, and certainly causes defences more of a problem than Costa.

He's an absolute nuisance, just needs to bulk up a bit.

He's an absolute nuisance, just needs to bulk up a bit.

I feel like he could win a good few peno's with his direct style if he got enough game time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭downthemiddle

Hanging the tshirts in the Liverpool dressing room:D

Hanging the tshirts in the Liverpool dressing room:D

I think Klopp has completely gotten the wrong end of the stick there. I believe that those shirts weren't meant as a dig, they were for the Liverpool players to show their opposition to the ESL. It's just a pity they didn't wear them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hijpo

I think Klopp has completely gotten the wrong end of the stick there. I believe that those shirts weren't meant as a dig, they were for the Liverpool players to show their opposition to the ESL. It's just a pity they didn't wear them.

Klopp arrogance. Automatically makes it about liverpool rather than see the bigger picture. Then again, if it was Ortas idea you wouldnt know haha

We gave them the ball soo soo much and in dangerous areas at vulnerable times ie central areas, just inside the half way when we had just won it back.
    Decent performances outside of that. I like poveda, he is fast, his passing is fast, might be too fast at times haha

That hand in the face on Alioski by Mane, united had a goal ruled out for that against spurs by VAR for the exact same thing, we didn't even get a free and VAR looked at it. Such inconsistency.

Hijpo wrote: »
    Klopp arrogance. Automatically makes it about liverpool rather than see the bigger picture. Then again, if it was Ortas idea you wouldnt know haha

That's true, to be fair. Sounds like something Victor would do out of mischief all right. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,023 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

Proud of the guys tonight. But still sickened by the Super League decision.
    Love Orta's tweet.

FULL TIME: #LUFC hold Super League side Merseyside Reds to a 1-1 draw after late Llorente equaliser

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Genuine question to Leeds fans here do you really think if the Leeds owners had been offered the chance to join a Super league with all that money they would not have done it? It is easy to be self righteous from the out side

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Genuine question to Leeds fans here do you really think if the Leeds owners had been offered the chance to join a Super league with all that money they would not have done it? It is easy to be self righteous from the out side
    Absolutely not. Go watch Take US Home to see what the hierarchy is like. His plan islong term and one that involves being in UEFA competitions within the next few years, ideally the CL. Financially the club is run in a prudent manner and does not spend stupid money on so-called marquee players.

If making money was Radz' motivation, I think he would have sold out for a fortune to QSI. I thought that t-shirt demo was crass last night, what they did to Liverpool. Its not the player's fault, and you could see Milner was embarassed.

• Advertisement

is_that_so wrote: »
    Absolutely not. Go watch Take US Home to see what the hierarchy is like. His plan islong term and one that involves being in UEFA competitions within the next few years, ideally the CL. Financially the club is run in a prudent manner and does not spend stupid money on so-called marquee players.

Hey you maybe right and good on the club if they are. But many other clubs such as Tottenham and Liverpool also had those videos and say those exact things

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

If we joined the Super League then Bielsa would leave. If we had a different manager in charge then there might be a chance we would join. However Radrizzani has stated numerous times, before we even got promotion, that his is a "custodian" role of the club and that he is just here for a while to do as well with it as he can. He doesn't see it as his plaything or profit-maker like some others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

If the 49ers got majority control they'd join in a heartbeat though!!!

If the 49ers got majority control they'd join in a heartbeat though!!!

That's the big worry, isn't it?

I don't have an issue with the t-shirts last night, I think it was important to show the depth of feeling within the game and that was the first opportunity to do so. However if the idea was that by leaving shirts in the Liverpool dressing room their players could join in if they wished, that clearly wasn't communicated, as Klopp's reaction suggested. However if it was simply to have a go at Liverpool then it was out of order, the players and coaching staff are blameless in this.

That's the big worry, isn't it?

I don't have an issue with the t-shirts last night, I think it was important to show the depth of feeling within the game and that was the first opportunity to do so. However if the idea was that by leaving shirts in the Liverpool dressing room their players could join in if they wished, that clearly wasn't communicated, as Klopp's reaction suggested. However if it was simply to have a go at Liverpool then it was out of order, the players and coaching staff are blameless in this.

I agree I would not blame players or managers on the t-shirt. If they were just left in the dressing rooms I can see why Kloop would get upset due to all was ben said. A simple look we have shirts in there to support fans do as you wish and it would have been cleared up

• Advertisement
Advertisement