Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Jimmy Two Times

Have a look at Graham Smyth's article in today's YEP.

Calls himself out on his confident predictions from earlier in the season and pulls no punches in his criticism of Kinnear,Orta and Radz. Best article he's written since taking over from Phil Hay.

His comments about the fans in the ground are so true. Very supportive against City, probably will be against Chelsea too but if things go against us, it will be toxic against Brighton.

I just can't see us picking up any more than 3 - 4 points max from the remaining games and I don't think it will be enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Hijpo

Yeah, what do the players get from it though, what are the players fighting for?

I can't see any Leicester or Villa throwing themselves into a challenge like Dallas did but Brownhill or Gordon are not pulling out of anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Villa are not strictly safe yet. They can't afford to lose both games to Burnley as of their remaining two games one is against Liverpool! So they do need to try and get a win against Burnley.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,986 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Bonuses for wins and league places. Pride. Favour with the management and fans.

And Intensity works both ways. It can result in points gained but conversely in yellow/red cards, injuries, bad decisions and points lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,037 ✭✭✭pavb2

As a Villa fan I don’t think there’s any real danger of relegation even though we’ve got Liverpool at home and Man City away. The problem is no matter how motivated the team are or our will to win we’ve been so inconsistent that I don’t think we’ll take 6 points off Burnley. A draw away on Saturday and maybe a home win against them.

There is always hope though and it’s crucial that Leeds take care of their own business we were 7 points adrift with 4 games to go in 19/ 20 and survived by a point.

Good luck anyway I do enjoy an away day at Elland Road easily one of the best atmospheres in the PL.

Post edited by pavb2 on

Easy to say that when you’ve just won 3 zip 😀.

Having said that,

our recent trips to Villa Park have been fun too. Loved the 3-3 this season and as for Roofe’s injury time winner at Christmas 2018…….limbs of the highest order.

Thanks for those thoughts. Good games against Villa over the past two seasons and a nice rivalry building up. I could do without listening to Gabriel Agbonlahor's thoughts on the games though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,046 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

Here's to watching the Championship highlights on Channel 4 next season.

It will give us the opportunity to regroup. 😀

For most of this season, we have had a Sunday league defence.

And we couldn't score to save our life.

The goal difference doesn't lie. We sucked.

Third worst team by a country mile.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Jesus, I thought my posts were depressing.......You do know the season isn't over? Won't be much re-grouping if we lose Philips, Meslier, Raph, Koch, Bamford, Summerville, Harrison, Struijk and probably quite a few U23s. Add in Rodrigo and Llorente.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,037 ✭✭✭pavb2

Yes, we dominated that 1st half in 2018 fantastic assist from Elmohamady for your winner, our ghost goal at Elland Road and Pontus Jansson was bizarre.

Agreed about Gabby some players are an embarrassment and should retire with a bit of grace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭iseegirls

The season is over if we don't get anything out of the next two games.

It's a long time since we took points off Chelsea, Arsenal or even Brighton.

I don't see Leeds digging in and defending like hell the way Everton did against Chelsea last weekend.

We don't have the personnel to do that. Of the players you listed, only the first three fill me with confidence, and Meslier has a lot to learn too.

But you are right, the fat lady has not sung yet.

Post edited by 10000maniacs on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,076 ✭✭✭✭event

All those players wont leave. Phillips, Raphinha and Rodrigo certainly and probably Bamford and Meslier. But thats it imo

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Players looking to break into/maintain international positions? They won't hang around.

Think Pat might stay. His International " career " has probably passed him by.

We might be able to keep a few of the others for a one yer tilt at getting back up.

Appreciate that the comment about the fat lady but she's definitely clearing her throat in the backstage area.

My predictions a couple of weeks ago were Burnley 9-11, they've already got 6. Everton 6 - 9,they've got 3. Us,5 - 7 and we've got 1.

Burnley and Everton already looking at the higher end of those predictions,whereas I've no idea where our next points are coming from.

Huge week coming up. Travelling with the Rosary Beads on Sunday.

Ok oldies, strap on your support stockings, get the nurse to make sure the heart monitor is secure, all your pills have been taken, blood pressure cuff is ready and waiting........Today is 50 years since our one and only FA Cup Win. "Clarke - 1 Nil". Of course, being Leeds we couldn't have a great day out to enjoy such a historic moment. Mick Jones dislocated his shoulder in the last move of the game, and we had to play Wolves 2 days later to win the 1st Division Championship. Not only the gods conspired against us.......

Post edited by whiterebel on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭iseegirls

So we're all Villa supporters for the next few weeks too. If they best Burnley twice and Everton it would be lovely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

Cooper is fit to start and Bamford will be "back on the grass" next week.

Now, back to the Hail Marys!

After Burnley losing today, suddenly a point tomorrow looks like it could be a massive boost to our chances. Burnley are going to be looking at their remaining three fixtures a lot more nervously now after this. Thank you Villa! We really need to take advantage of this opportunity now.

• Advertisement

Brilliant result to put a halt to Burnley’s gallop. Draw at Arsenal and Chelsea, win at Brighton. Dig in.

Ok, i may have been ambitious with Brighton…….

We're at home to them though, drew away earlier in the season. They're very good, but will have little to play for by then and we have few excuses for not getting at least one point from that.

Hopefully that's their last big hurrah. Ye can wind down now lads, 4 against united, you've earned the early break.

Brighton never wind down against Leeds.

At least the season is back in our hands.

If we do better than Burnley, we stay up. Big if.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Not expecting anything today, maybe a point against Chelsea and hopefully one against Brighton too. Last game has to be a 3 point target. By the looks of things Burnley will lose to Villa again so it's all finely balanced but now down to 50/50.

• Advertisement

Shearer and Jenas think it will be Leeds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Wouldn't mind Jenas. It's really a question for a machine to work out, the 538 projections has all three of them in the same ballpark at about 30%. Accepting a Leeds loss at Arsenal today, the Everton result will affect the table one way but the next set of games will probably swing it another way. Every game is now a Cup final but Burnley have two games they can really expect little from, maybe all 3 of them.

If Cooper starts today I think we have a chance of nicking a point. The boys know how important a clean sheet would be today and I expect them to park the bus from the start. Having Cooper in there would give me some hope that might work.

Pressure off Arsenal a little with the spurs draw?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,541 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Gelhardt starts, no Cooper

• Advertisement

Delighted with that. A very solid and attacking team though Klich worries me. The Arsenal lineup is good, but not scarily so. A point today would be seriously good for morale.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,297 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I'm really liking that lineup bar Firpo who is beyond useless. Koch and Llorente have the makings of a good partnership and I'm delighted Joffy starts as it means we have an actual striker on the pitch!

A draw would be a great result here.

Xhaka for a red given Raph is down his side?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Firpo off to a flying start, wow, amazes me how dumb players can be especially how we struggle on set pieces

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,297 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

FFS Meslier

Lovely....

Double whammy, Everton go one up and we go one down.

I'd say thats all she wrote.

My god, saw that coming a mile away, he gets way too comfortable

Everton winning too

Of all the times to have a brain fart, all the preparation out the window now!

Everton winning

• Advertisement

FFS x 2

Game over already. Woeful stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,356 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

The only positive so far is that goal difference is already that bad it doesn't matter.

Game over already, ffs this is desperate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

And that’s that. Awful.

C'mon Leicester 1-1

Iam going back to bed, waste of time

16 mins in and I just realized James was playing

Jesus, Raph couldn’t even kick Martinelli properly as he went past…….

• Advertisement

Advertisement