Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Turning off Irish Water supply

• 22-03-2021 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

How do I turn off the water supply to my house from outside the house?
    I need to replace the cistern in my downstairs toilet and there is no stopcock inside the house the turns off the supply. The person in Irish Water told me to press down the blue bar and turn to the right. It won't push down or turn! 
    Help!

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 36 Verified rep Irish Water: Rebecca

I need to replace the cistern in my downstairs toilet and there is no stopcock inside the house the turns off the supply. The person in Irish Water told me to press down the blue bar and turn to the right. It won't push down or turn! 
    Help!
    Hi Paul,

To turn off the water supply, apply light pressure to the outside stop valve until it clicks and turn it one quarter of a rotation clockwise. To turn the water back on, turn the vale one quarter of a rotation anti clockwise.

Thanks,
    Rebecca

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Paul Kennedy

Help!
    Hi Paul,

To turn off the water supply, apply light pressure to the outside stop valve until it clicks and turn it one quarter of a rotation clockwise. To turn the water back on, turn the vale one quarter of a rotation anti clockwise.

Thanks,
    Rebecca
    Rebecca,
    As you will see in my original post, I tried that! I applied pressure to the blue bar and turn to the right. There was no click and it was jammed solid.
    Paul

• Company Representative Posts: 36 Verified rep Irish Water: Rebecca

Help!
    Hi Paul,

Thanks,
    Rebecca
    Rebecca,
    As you will see in my original post, I tried that! I applied pressure to the blue bar and turn to the right. There was no click and it was jammed solid.
    Paul
    Hi Paul,

I am very sorry to hear this method is not working for you. Could you PM us with the below information and I will investigate this matter further?

- Full name;
    - Full address including the Eircode and County; &
    - Contact number?

Thanks,
    Rebecca

Advertisement