Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Build in Galway

Options
  • 22-03-2021 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hi all,

Sorry to any mods if this type of thread is repetitive or has been asked before. I've searched and anything I can see is from years ago.

I am wondering if anyone has been involved in a new build in Galway/Mayo in recent times? If so would you be willing to share any pricing estimates?

I understand every house is different based on what you want and what you add to it.

We are just looking to hear about others' experiences and maybe a vague description of their house spec and estimates they received.

e.g we are looking at 2 story houses for sale atm and they are around 300k in the area we are looking at. From what we read online you couldn't build a modern 2 story for that, and that's even with us already owning the land.

Many of these price estimates we are reading are from Dublin and we are hoping that's why they are so high.

I hope that others would find an area-specific thread helpful also

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Biker1

username3 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Sorry to any mods if this type of thread is repetitive or has been asked before. I've searched and anything I can see is from years ago.

I am wondering if anyone has been involved in a new build in Galway/Mayo in recent times? If so would you be willing to share any pricing estimates?

I understand every house is different based on what you want and what you add to it.

We are just looking to hear about others' experiences and maybe a vague description of their house spec and estimates they received.

e.g we are looking at 2 story houses for sale atm and they are around 300k in the area we are looking at. From what we read online you couldn't build a modern 2 story for that, and that's even with us already owning the land.

Many of these price estimates we are reading are from Dublin and we are hoping that's why they are so high.

I hope that others would find an area-specific thread helpful also

You can set a baseline of a minimum of €1200/m2 for a builders finish. Location, specification and access to services will have a huge bearing on the costs, so without a detailed design priced by a QS all figures are guestimates.

Advertisement