Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Low spot in lawn...how to rectify

Options
  • 22-03-2021 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I haver noticed a depression forming in the center of our lawn. It's gotten worse over the last few years. I'd say it's roughly 5m in diamteer and has sunken maybe a foot at the deepest part. The house is 20 years old and my fear is the builders left a load of rubbish out back and just covered it over with topsoil. Over the years the rusbbish has degraded leaving the aforementioned. I could be wrong but tbhis is what i suspect.
    I don't have the access to get a mini digger in so I'm looking for advice on how to recify the issue. I suspect just filling it in with more topsoil may not be the solution?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Red Sheds

I would think, just fill it up with more soil

• Registered Users Posts: 2,569 ✭✭✭MacDanger

If the existing sod is in good shape and you want to keep it, you could remove it using a spade, then fill up the depression with topsoil, give it a good roll and replace the sod you removed previously.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

Thanks for the replies. Problem is i want to eventually put a circular patio in the area. Might there be a chance it could dip further?

Advertisement