Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Video IQ HD-CRD232-3-8-MF

Options
  • 22-03-2021 2:10pm
    Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone here familiar with this type of camera, I was asked if I could help get it set up for someone, but to be honest, I am not having much luck. Ive connected it into a POE switch and there is power going to the camera, however I am not finding it on the network at all.

It came with a usb stick which had software on in, I installed that software but thats not even finding the camera on the network. From what I can gather, it seems to be a decent camera and the guy bought it from somewhere that is now gone out of business, they had been using it on their workshop and it was working prior to them taking it down.

There are a few different cables coming out of the camera and Im wondering should I be using an external source to power it up instead as maybe the POE Switch isnt powerful enough.

https://www.sourcesecurity.com/videoiq-viq-hd-crd232-3-8-mf-ip-dome-camera-technical-details.html?utm_source=SSc%20Us%20Edition&utm_medium=Redirect&utm_campaign=International%20Redirect%20Popup%20Cookie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭altor

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Anyone here familiar with this type of camera, I was asked if I could help get it set up for someone, but to be honest, I am not having much luck. Ive connected it into a POE switch and there is power going to the camera, however I am not finding it on the network at all.

It came with a usb stick which had software on in, I installed that software but thats not even finding the camera on the network. From what I can gather, it seems to be a decent camera and the guy bought it from somewhere that is now gone out of business, they had been using it on their workshop and it was working prior to them taking it down.

There are a few different cables coming out of the camera and Im wondering should I be using an external source to power it up instead as maybe the POE Switch isnt powerful enough.

https://www.sourcesecurity.com/videoiq-viq-hd-crd232-3-8-mf-ip-dome-camera-technical-details.html?utm_source=SSc%20Us%20Edition&utm_medium=Redirect&utm_campaign=International%20Redirect%20Popup%20Cookie

It says it can be POE but no harm giving it 12Vs and see if you can see it on the Network then.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Yeah, I’ve tried that too, but still no luck unfortunately.

Yeah, I’ve tried that too, but still no luck unfortunately.

Have you only one camera?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

altor wrote: »
    Have you only one camera?

Yeah, he was only given the one, so I’ve nothing to try it against

Yeah, he was only given the one, so I’ve nothing to try it against

Could be in trouble so.
    Have you reached out to the manufacture?

• Advertisement
Advertisement