Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 - Garden Centres

Options
  • 22-03-2021 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭

Are Garden centres now allowed be open under level 5 anyone? I've heard some were shut down after christmas but some have reopened?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,339 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i've been in one anyway which was open (the childvision one in drumcondra) and my in laws were in ratoath garden centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭phormium

Two out of four of my local ones are open, I don't know what the deciding factor is and whether some have chosen not to open maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

phormium wrote: »
    Two out of four of my local ones are open, I don't know what the deciding factor is and whether some have chosen not to open maybe.

They were shut after Christmas I think, and the rules haven’t changed but some seem to be open now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭phormium

Actually just saw a post from a 3rd garden centre to say they are open for 'essential gardening supplies', they definitely weren't open earlier in year. Maybe it all has to do with the fact that the growing season is really only starting now so anyone growing veg/fruit/salad stuff etc needs supplies, that's food after all! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 greenmandave

AFAIK it's to do with selling birdseed

while other garden centres that dont sell birdseed have to go entirely 'click and collect' / or mail order

if they sell birdseed they're allowed to stay open as feeding animals is considered essential business

• Advertisement
Advertisement