Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Access to soccer forum

Options
  • 22-03-2021 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hi Mods,

I applied for access to the soccer forum last week in line with the charter and having read the terms and conditions. I was denied access by the soccer moderator DM_7 for the below

Thread closed, no access provided in line with Soccer Requests Charter & Mechanism.

Quote:
    ..The access request mechanism was introduced to stop posters who have been banned from the forum from re-regging and gaining access to cause more problems. The process also allows moderators to screen new users and refuse access to those....

I reached out to the moderator and ask why this was the case as a new member of boards. I expressed that I would follow the charter and not reapply for a month, but could I get some guidance as to what I needed to do to have my request accepted.

I never heard back from the moderator in question.

The following day I received some quite confrontational private messages from another moderator Tokyo.

Originally Posted by Tokyo
    Dear Fredinho,

You have been permanently banned from Soccer for being uncivil.

Typically, this means that you are posting in a needlessly aggressive or confrontational manner being disruptive on the forum or causing stress for the other members. We don't want that here.

For more information please refer to the Boards.ie FAQ.

If you wish to appeal this ban you can see details on how to do so here.

Tokyo

I replied as follows -

Hi Tokyo,
    Could I ask for some clarification here? I have never posted in the soccer forum so I'm not sure how I could have posted anything uncivil, been needlessly aggressive or posted in a confrontational manner?
    I requested access to the soccer forum on Monday and the moderator DM_7 responded saying that it was refused. I asked the mod for some clarification through the private message function and said i would follow the charter around not reapplying for access for another month, but could i get some guidance on why my request had been turned down. If that is deemed uncivil, aggressive or confrontational then I'm not sure what else i can do. I never heard anything back until i received your message above.

Thanks
    Fredinho

To which i got following rather hostile response from Tokyo :

Sure.

What was your previous account on the site??

I replied as below

Hi Tokyo,
    I have never had a previous account on this site. Can you please let me know what you're referring to as I'm in the dark here.
    Thanks
    Fredinho

I then received the following even more hostile response from Tokyo

I took a second look just now just to reaffirm, and that's untrue. If you're not willing to discuss that honestly then I see no need to take the conversation further.

~Tokyo

Again seeking some sort of guidance I sent the below mail which has since gone unanswered :

Hi Tokyo,
    I have never had a previous account, so I've no idea why there's some hostility towards me. I've asked for access in the correct manner, I've asked for clarification from the moderator when it was turned down and said I'd follow the charter and not reapply for another month, you've gotten involved and I've asked for clarification from you. This is the third time I've asked is there a genuine reason I've not been given access. I'm doing everything within the rules of the charter and I seem to be getting stonewalled with out explanation?

If there's something I have seemingly done that's such a great mystery could you please advise me what it is?

Thanks,
    Fredinho

I have tried to follow the charter, been rejected and asked for some guidance and been stonewalled.

Could I ask a moderator or admin to review this and at least advise of what the reasons are behind not allowing me access or how I can gain access. I have followed the charters in the correct fashion, tried to resolve the matters with the relevant moderators and been given no answers. At all times I've been courteous and tried to work with the moderators so any help or guidance is appreciated.

Thanks
    Fredinho

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Moving this from the Dispute Resolution forum to the Help Desk as this is not a DRP, this was a decision made at admin level.

As my responses to the PMs you linked above would indicate, the evidence shows that you had a previous account on the site. That account was banned from the soccer forum. This account was created in an attempt to circumvent that forum ban.

There's no great mystery, nor is there hostility, just a statement of fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Fredinho

Thanks for the response Tokyo.

Thanks for advising me of why you have no accepted my request, this was all i asked for. The responses from you came across as being quite hostile but i accept that words on a page or screen may not come across as intended. You asked and I confirmed I did not have a previous account. I'm not sure what more I can do. I'm not sure how are linking me with a banned account or have evidence of such, as I have stated I have never previously had a boards account. I'm not sure what more i can do at this time so I'll leave that up to you and admins to advise me.
    Thanks
    Fredinho

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

I was going to leave this at "we seem to be at an impasse" or similar, if it weren't for the fact that you are being so blatant about this.
    • Mickeroo banned your previous account from the soccer forum.
    • 53 minutes later you created a new account from the same location to access the soccer forum.

You can see why this might be somewhat irksome.

Your account will remain banned from the soccer forum, and honestly, you're lucky that it's not just sitebanned for trying to circumvent your ban, as this is not the first time. My advice would be that you keep you nose clean with this account, because any further attempts to circumvent your forum ban will be responded to with a permanent siteban for wasting mod and admin time.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement