Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cant See a way forward

• 22-03-2021 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

I am suffering from very VERY bad depression amongst other things.
    I am tired of people telling me to turn to Pieta House etc because they do nothing. (Not for me anyway)

I have attended a gp, pscyatrist, psycologist, nurses, occupational therapists and not one of them has been able/willing to help me. That probably sounds like I am the one in the wrong, but its not like that. I am so open to everything to make me feel better.

The best i get is firing all sorts of medications at me that dont work. I have been put on stronger meds, different meds etc and nothing.

And then i get "take one day at a time". Thats the problem im unable to. Every second of every day is torture. I feel like all doors in front of me are being shut in my face.

Has anyone any advice?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,622 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Might be a strange suggestion but have you ever attended a group support meeting or group workshop??

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Cashmenson

Might be a strange suggestion but have you ever attended a group support meeting or group workshop??

No never

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,622 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

While a lot of things are currently suspended due to covid i do believe some groups by aware are being conducted online.. Sitting amongst peers having similar struggles might help.. Do you see a psych outpatient doctor every month or three currently, they may be able to suggest similar within the HSE

Advertisement