Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Superintending 2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Random sample

I have been assigned a school an hour from my home - almost 70km. Is mileage taxed?

No, expenses, including mileage, aren’t taxed.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Sir123

Rang the school this morning and they couldn’t give me the exams that would be happening in my centre. My centre closes on the 28th but I would imagine that I would have a few exams off (morning or afternoon) even. First time doing it so not too sure. They said they might let me know tomorrow. Is this standard practice? Would they normally tell you or do you have to wait until you get the box?

Also, do we get mileage on the three drop off dates also, on top of the daily rate does anyone know? Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

DubLad69 wrote: »
    What is the distance required to get the daily allowance? Also, is it straight line, or via Google maps?

You need to be more than 8km to qualify for mileage and subsistence.
    They use the shortest route.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Leftwaffe

Sir123 wrote: »
    Rang the school this morning and they couldn’t give me the exams that would be happening in my centre. My centre closes on the 28th but I would imagine that I would have a few exams off (morning or afternoon) even. First time doing it so not too sure. They said they might let me know tomorrow. Is this standard practice? Would they normally tell you or do you have to wait until you get the box?

Also, do we get mileage on the three drop off dates also, on top of the daily rate does anyone know? Thanks

Ive done superintendent before and didn’t know until I got my box I think. I’m doing exam aide now and have had no one asking what exams are in their centre yet. I wouldn’t even know being honest I’d have to sit down and look at the exam numbers etc.

Leftwaffe wrote: »
    Ive done superintendent before and didn’t know until I got my box I think. I’m doing exam aide now and have had no one asking what exams are in their centre yet. I wouldn’t even know being honest I’d have to sit down and look at the exam numbers etc.

Thanks a million. Yeah I know what you mean. It’s just gonna be a bit more tricky with the three collection dates to organise what’s going on but hopefully all should be ok. Best of luck to all doing it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Just got the email about training. Tried to register. Website doesn't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 marina24

Just got the email about training. Tried to register. Website doesn't work.

Same as that!

I think we have to wait until tomorrow before viewing.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,252 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Got into the site, but when I clicked on Superintendent training, I got
    Resource Limit Is Reached
    The website is temporarily unable to service your request as it exceeded resource limit. Please try again later.

It's a comedy of errors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Sir123 wrote: »
    I think we have to wait until tomorrow before viewing.
    spurious wrote: »
    Got into the site, but when I clicked on Superintendent training, I got
    Resource Limit Is Reached
    The website is temporarily unable to service your request as it exceeded resource limit. Please try again later.

It's a comedy of errors.

It is actually working I discovered but you have to keep hitting refresh until it loads. You might have to get the timed out message several times first. :rolleyes: It's a bit like Ticketmaster at 9am on a Friday morning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 331 ✭✭Alex86Eire

Its working fine for me now.
    It was probably just overloaded earlier.
    It is slow though.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭galwayhooker

Clicked on link in email to access superintendent training and it’s super slow - doesn’t basically download. I keep getting message that server isn’t responding - even used 4G in my phone in case my wifi is slow.
    Will try in tomorrow again.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭galwayhooker

Link still not working this morning - will try again by lunch and if not working still will ring the number that was given to us in letter. This really is not acceptable- getting a link for training late thurs evening that’s not even working especially on a bank holiday weekend and so close to exams starting.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Tiredteach

Getting error 404 message here. Their system is not fit for purpose.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭DubLad69

I was reading through the guide that was sent to superintendents. It mentions DVDs and Audio Visuals a number of times. What subjects have videos in the exam?

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Hontou

I happened to be up at 5am to give a family member a lift and watched it then. Slow to load despite good wifi. Got the 9 short videos completed at that time...so try late at night or early in the morning.

Most new info is actually in the General Instructions. Notable welcome changes: The school pays the attendant and we give the Advice Lists to the exam aide after filling each in at the end of the exam/day.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Tiredteach

I was reading through the guide that was sent to superintendents. It mentions DVDs and Audio Visuals a number of times. What subjects have videos in the exam?

LCA English and communications

No word back from SEC re my timetable and no response to my email!
    Can’t get through to the school either.
    Read my letter and it doesn’t say to ring the school re time to set up?
    Due to collect at 4pm at hub!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 331 ✭✭Alex86Eire

Whats this guide? Is this something that was posted already?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭sitstill

I emailed to say that the video link doesn't work. So I'll see what they say.

I emailed yesterday because the school I have been given has no parking and I wanted to know if I can put in receipts for parking with my expenses. No reply to that yet.

• Advertisement

Alex86Eire wrote: »
    Whats this guide? Is this something that was posted already?

It was sent by email last night.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,252 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

If anyone is getting a 404 and has an option to click 'home', that got me a working link into the videos.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Elenorrigby

I just completed the training - took about 40 minutes. Is there a fee for collecting the box at the centre or just mileage?

I just completed the training - took about 40 minutes. Is there a fee for collecting the box at the centre or just mileage?

Approximately €300 that is taxable plus subsistence and mileage if applicable

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Seannew1

I still haven't received my appointment letter. I rang SEC on Thursday and they confirmed that I was appointed and they told me to ring them today if my letter hadn't received. Of course, there was no letter and they weren't answering the phones. Did the same happen anyone else?

Mine keeps reporting a network error at exactly the same point in lesson 6.

**edit A different browser sorted it.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Aquals

I love the way they say that they’ll know if we’ve done the online training or not, but that we also still have to sign a form to let them know that we’ve done it.

Not sure how they’d know if you did it. The system only asked me to input a username and email address.

They never cease to crack me up!

Mine is still saying 90% on the top (9/10 steps), but all sections say 100% completed (9/9 topics).
    I'm finished with it.

I wonder what the mystery extra step is?

spurious wrote: »
    Mine is still saying 90% on the top (9/10 steps), but all sections say 100% completed (9/9 topics).
    I'm finished with it.

I wonder what the mystery extra step is?

Mine is the same as this!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Aquals

Did anyone get guidance today on whether we keep the door of the exam centre open or closed? Apologies if I missed it in amongst the pile of documents!!

Advertisement