Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Superintending 2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭gaiscioch

In the past, there was but that was used to pay the attendant but the school is paying them now.

Never knew that until now. Makes more sense.

Did anybody get a hand truck this year? I’m filling in the blue ‘Form of Account’ and the ‘If you have returned the hand truck(tick the box)’ is still at the bottom of it this year.

Lastly, if your own teaching school is nearer the distribution centre than is your home, does the SEC calculate from there, while if your assigned location school is nearer your home, they calculate from your home? It seems illogical to calculate from school in the middle of summer as none of us would be going into school at that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭gaiscioch

Is the fee for collection of exam boxes on the three days inclusive of driving expenses, or are they added to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Tiredteach

The travel and subsistence expenses are separate to the daily and collection rates.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Aquals

gaiscioch wrote: »
    Never knew that until now. Makes more sense.

Did anybody get a hand truck this year? I’m filling in the blue ‘Form of Account’ and the ‘If you have returned the hand truck(tick the box)’ is still at the bottom of it this year.

Lastly, if your own teaching school is nearer the distribution centre than is your home, does the SEC calculate from there, while if your assigned location school is nearer your home, they calculate from your home? It seems illogical to calculate from school in the middle of summer as none of us would be going into school at that time.

I just put n/a in the hand truck box on the form. Would have been handy to have it this year with the amount of times we had to cart the box around!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I won't be able to manage the weight of the stationery box. I am bringing a little wheelie thing I have from home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭mistersifter

Could anyone confirm, do we need to include receipts for travel and substinence or do they just apply the flat rate based on your times or departure/arrival?

Was also wondering the same about the face mask and sanitizer allowance of 50 euro?

Cheers!

No need to provide receipts. Just the total km mileage. Stick the 50.00 Ppe in Column 8 on the blue sheet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Bananaleaf

Tiredteach wrote: »
    No need to provide receipts. Just the total km mileage. Stick the 50.00 Ppe in Column 8 on the blue sheet.

Do we need to provide receipts for the PPE?

gaiscioch wrote: »
    Is the fee for collection of exam boxes on the three days inclusive of driving expenses, or are they added to it?

Add them

Bananaleaf wrote: »
    Do we need to provide receipts for the PPE?

No need. It’s an automatic payment for the Ppe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Alex86Eire

Could someone tell me what their centre roll envelope looks like? It says in the booklet it should say centre roll on it but I can't find one. Is it the big brown one by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Alex86Eire wrote: »
    Could someone tell me what their centre roll envelope looks like? It says in the booklet it should say centre roll on it but I can't find one. Is it the big brown one by any chance?

Your exam aide has it along with financial envelope.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Alex86Eire

Millem wrote: »

I'm finished and have all of my envelopes but don't have one that says centre roll on it. I'm just wondering if the centre roll envelope is a brown one with 21 on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Leftwaffe

The exam aide has the superintendents centre roll envelopes?

Is the exam aide sending them all back or what? First I ve heard of it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Yes it's the big brown one.
    Mine was left by the exam aide together with the Financial returns one in a little pocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Leftwaffe wrote: »
    The exam aide has the superintendents centre roll envelopes?

Is the exam aide sending them all back or what? First I ve heard of it.

No you were meant to get the envelopes off them the first box collection day.

I'm finished and have all of my envelopes but don't have one that says centre roll on it. I'm just wondering if the centre roll envelope is a brown one with 21 on it.

That’s the one !

Why?

My centre roll envelope was in the white envelope I got at distribution centre on day one

I have no centre roll envelopes for superintendents. Never heard anything from them about it and most of our centres are closed already.

• Advertisement

Contradictory info re sending back Russian scripts. Should I use the standard green envelope (p.86 in 'Day to day instructions') or special maroon one (p.43 in 'General Instructions' book)?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭sitstill

spurious wrote: »
    Contradictory info re sending back Russian scripts. Should I use the standard green envelope (p.86 in 'Day to day instructions') or special maroon one (p.43 in 'General Instructions' book)?

Also wondering this!

I'm tending towards the special one myself but will see can I get an answer from Athlone.

spurious wrote: »
    I'm tending towards the special one myself but will see can I get an answer from Athlone.

Will you let me know if you get an answer from them?

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭LW2018

sitstill wrote: »
    Will you let me know if you get an answer from them?

Also wondering this... A superintendent asked me this today so I'm unsure. I always thought maroon was only for the NCLs but in the general Superintendent guidelines for 2021, it says maroon for NCL and Russian... Hopefully SEC will get back...

Athlone have replied to me. The Russian scripts go back in the maroon bag.

Yes it’s maroon for those. Wish I’d looked here earlier.

Tomorrow is my last day and I'm so grateful. It has been so long this year. I've always felt that the superintending was free money, but this year it felt more earned than in previous years.

Good luck to those of you who have Russian etc next week, at least your Sundays are your own again

Bananaleaf wrote: »
    Tomorrow is my last day and I'm so grateful. It has been so long this year. I've always felt that the superintending was free money, but this year it felt more earned than in previous years.

Good luck to those of you who have Russian etc next week, at least your Sundays are your own again

I think the Sunday collections were a big draw back this year. What was the need for the weekly collection does anyone know?

• Advertisement

Tiredteach wrote: »
    I think the Sunday collections were a big draw back this year. What was the need for the weekly collection does anyone know?

I had 9am collections so it was grand because I felt that I still had my Sundays. I think it should go back to a single collection day though. I still have Monday and Tuesday to get through, but the end is in sight!

Advertisement