Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is boss unreasonable?

Options
15678911»

Comments

JimmyVik wrote: »
    Take a step back and read the whole thread again.
    You will see that it is yourself who has been the most vocal on it.
    Or you could just do what i am going to do now and just think of the threat as a giant over reaction and bow out.

Ah myself and dav have butted heads on many occasions but in this regard I have to back him. He's just being sensible. Some of the replies definitely suggest a very delicate workforce / superiority complexes.

Your boss is your boss. They are there to ensure you do your job within company policy and being reminded of that when you didn't file policy is perfectly reasonable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Batattackrat

Quick email to your boss you have to leave or txt message that you have to leave and to give you a call when free.

It's the normal really. It takes 30 seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭TylerRyan28

I work in an office we are a small team. I am over 10 years working here and would be classed as senior member of staff. Boss is company owner, manager and very much micro manager, they are quite difficult to work for.

Last week I had an incident whereby I got a call at 3pm 're a family emergency. Boss wasn't there but I rang a colleague WFH to cover something I was doing and told another colleague who was there, another senior member that I had to dash due to emergency
    Two hours later while I was following ambulance to hospital boss rang, I said I couldn't speak as was in car and chasing ambulance, I was probably a bit short I was frantic at time

Roll on Monday and boss was all nice asking how things were and then gets to end of conversation and says that I should have rang them and in future if I have to dash off suddenly i need to notify them directly!

I am really pissed off, I've rarely missed a day off in over 10 years except when my dad died and the funeral was on the Monday and boss said to me at my dads wake sure you might come in on Thursday and see how you are !!

Am I over reacting or are they right to say that I was in the wrong as I didn't follow company procedure and contact them directly ?? I am really peeved off and seriously contemplating staying here. Interested to hear other people's views or if I should just put up and shut up

Have a new job lined up before you leave , I would have started looking after what they said at your dads wake .

Can always get another job, Family comes first end off

Advertisement