Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am looking for a new drink

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

Physeter wrote: »
    If you're a rum fan I'd have to give Bundaberg a shout. Ozzie dark rum made from sugar cane. An acquired taste, sweet and quite acrid but delicious with coke and loads of ice.

It is jet fuel though. They have the saying in Australia: "If you can't fight on the bundies, you can't fight..".

Oh I used to like this stuff. Really needs to be ice cold with coke though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Black Sheep

A few years ago we went through a phase of really being into Dark and Stormy (I think they were 'a thing' at the time).

I still have the remains of a Bundaberg Export Strength 1L knocking around somewhere.. Confusingly it's only 40% abv.

I think Goslings is a superior choice for mixing with good ginger beer (Fentiman's was the best one we found) and lime juice, but the Bundaberg is a sweeter option, as noted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

the_syco wrote: »
    Martins on Marion Mart? Buy 90% of my rum there! Shall ask about their ciders.

That's the one, I probably served you a few bottles there in a previous life 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

CiaranMT wrote: »
    That's the one, I probably served you a few bottles there in a previous life ��
    Hah. Possibly. I'm about 2 meters tall, shaved head, glasses, and long beard. Probably would've been wearing a leather jacket. Worked my way through most of the various rums at Martins, except for the Appletons (drank most of their various rums whilst in Toronto).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭bilbot79

Your body is trying to tell you it doesn't want you to drink and you've come to boards looking for a workaround

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭1874

Sake

Something different, and nice imo

Reminds me I want to order some, which I was planning to do since before Covid.

Go through spirits slowly generally and was thinking of getting something new (I was planning on going through Lidls inventory, having gotten a bourbon there and in Aldi which were nice), I cannot drink whisky or whiskey really, burns on the way down.
    Something milder would be nice, I have found Sake to be ok in that regard (heartburn).

Ive had it at room temperature, but heated also,
    I put it in a small ceramic milk jug, and I'm sure I heated it up by placing the jug in a pot of hot water, online might give other suggestions.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

bilbot79 wrote: »
    Your body is trying to tell you it doesn't want you to drink and you've come to boards looking for a workaround
    Unsure how you came to that conclusion. Thus far, I drink rum or cider. Want to expand on what I drink.
    1874 wrote: »
    Go through spirits slowly generally and was thinking of getting something new (I was planning on going through Lidls inventory
    There's a Captain Morgan ripoff in Lidl, called Captain Cook. It's quite nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,171 ✭✭✭limnam

Basically I like port and think everybody else should too

You're right too.

A nice port with the right cheese is a beautiful thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

the_syco wrote: »
    Unsure how you came to that conclusion. Thus far, I drink rum or cider. Want to expand on what I drink.

There's a Captain Morgan ripoff in Lidl, called Captain Cook. It's quite nice.

It's nicer than morgans imo.

Advertisement