Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

psu recommendation

Options
  • 23-03-2021 8:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭

PC takes multiple attempts to power on and it seems to be worsening over time. It'll turn on for a second then lose power and repeat this cycle multiple times. Once it's turned on it's rock solid - once it's been running a while I can restart it or shut down and power it back up again without problems.

It's an old enough 4790k build so it's around the time at least in my exp that certain components might start failing. I've been getting the itch lately to buy a brand new system but if it's just the PSU that needs replacing I'll stick with it for a while longer.

Tried the usual stuff, cleaned it out with compressed air, tested ram slots, reseated components and power connectors, reset cmos, no overclocks etc. I had a decent corsair ready to ship on amazon but it's suddenly out of stock and been refunded so need to order another.

Could anyone recommend a psu available to buy somewhere for around 75e - there's such a massive shortage right now and I do want to get something semi decent incase it ends up being the mobo that's dead and I'll need to upgrade everything. I have a 1070 and 16gb ram, I'm guessing a 500-600w psu would be fine, appreciate any advice thanks.

Comments

Advertisement