Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firestick and fire cube

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Liamo_mu

dulpit wrote: »
    £2.99 for a firestick 2nd gen...

That's pitiful. Better off selling it yourself to upgrade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,621 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Was going to say the same. Although They are giving me 10 euro for a broken tablet with a smashed screen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Sup08

Yes but you also get 20% off a new model with this, including the fire tv cube

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,527 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Sup08 wrote: »

There's usually much better offers on the 4k. It frequently comes down to 29 pounds and I have seen it for 25.

TheDriver wrote: »
    There's usually much better offers on the 4k. It frequently comes down to 29 pounds and I have seen it for 25.

Yes, on prime day they were 25.
    I think it was discussed before on another thread that there may be a new model due out sometime this year. Most definitely looks like a newer cube on the cards at those prices to reduce the stock.

• Advertisement

There’s currently 30%. Is the 20% on top of this ?

ted1 wrote: »
    There’s currently 30%. Is the 20% on top of this ?

Not ordered so wouldn't be sure. I've traded in an old fire 7 and bought the new 8hd plus. It's currently discounted and I got the discount plus my credit plus a further 20% off the discounted price. :D

Current Price is 84.99 and with everything I had (I actually had 20 pound credit) came in at 51.53 stg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

Im struggling to see why id need an upgrade on my firestick 4k really

I got one recently on a different Bargain Alert. The Amazon TV cube provides voice control of everything that's on the cube itself (without the need to even pick up the remote) plus also can control your TV and Sky box*. Its totally the biz. I thought it was a great upgrade to the 4K stick

*Note: some channel numbers on Sky in Ireland are different than Sky in UK and the cube only knows about the UK ones. So in other words if you say "Alexa, watch BBC1" it will change your Sky box to channel 101 which is actually RTE1 on Irish Sky box. If you just say "watch channel 141" it works fine.

Not ordered so wouldn't be sure. I've traded in an old fire 7 and bought the new 8hd plus. It's currently discounted and I got the discount plus my credit plus a further 20% off the discounted price. :D

Current Price is 84.99 and with everything I had (I actually had 20 pound credit) came in at 51.53 stg

Did you get the 20% right away? It’s says you don’t get it till they receive the tablet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 836 ✭✭✭- bo -

Thanks OP. Didn't realise I had a small amount left on an Amazon gift card too. I'm in the process of planning to build a bar out the back so I have a Fire Cube for it on the way for under €65 :cool:

• Advertisement

ted1 wrote: »
    Did you get the 20% right away? It’s says you don’t get it till they receive the tablet

Got everything straight away and have yet to post the tablets to them. There is an option to wait for the credit when they receive the goods.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 542 ✭✭✭gomamochi1

What's the difference between a fire stick/ cube and chromecast from your phone to tele?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,527 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

gomamochi1 wrote: »
    What's the difference between a fire stick/ cube and chromecast from your phone to tele?
    Firestick is standalone ie it is the phone etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 579 ✭✭✭glen123

Thanks!

I have just traded in Fire 7 my kid no longer uses, got £10 credit + 20% off HD8 Plus straight away, so £61.53 or 71eur for a new better tablet is a great value.

Seeing that they need a trade in device to be posted to them by the 2nd of June, something tells me they won't be chasing anybody. Technically anybody can trade in an "imaginary tablet" :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

lukeeman wrote: »
    Firesticks and fire TV cube all down in price on Amazon. Just ordered a TV cube and no problem having it shipped to Ireland.
    TV cube £109 = £60
    4k stick £59.95 = £39.95

What I see when I search fire TV cube :-This product only ships to the United Kingdom. Most content and services will not work if your country of residence is not the UK. Learn more about international use

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,786 ✭✭✭ablelocks

What I see when I search fire TV cube :-This product only ships to the United Kingdom. Most content and services will not work if your country of residence is not the UK. Learn more about international use

you can still order and it will ship, i ordered one yesterday. it should work similar to a firestick, use vpn to get some apps i assume. check out the firestick thread in the android forum...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭funnyname

Does the cube work like an echo dot when the tv is off?

funnyname wrote: »

Yes, but the speaker would not be as good for playing music.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭benmeade

funnyname wrote: »

Sometimes yes and sometimes no...
    When I ask for a radio station sometimes itll play from its own speaker and other times it'll turn on the tv and use the tv speakers. Seems totally random

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

ablelocks wrote: »
    you can still order and it will ship, i ordered one yesterday. it should work similar to a firestick, use vpn to get some apps i assume. check out the firestick thread in the android forum...

Ah yeah thanks, that's exactly what I did immediately after I moaned on here!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 432 ✭✭Boxcar_Willie

I bought an Amazon Blink system two weeks ago .
    Yesterday I received a €1.90 refund due to an adjustment in import fees.
    All very seamless.

I bought an Amazon Blink system two weeks ago .
    Yesterday I received a €1.90 refund due to an adjustment in import fees.
    All very seamless.

Have had a few refunds and getting refunded in gbp which the credit card changes back to eur and charges fx. Wish they would just add it as a gift card

benmeade wrote: »
    Sometimes yes and sometimes no...
    When I ask for a radio station sometimes itll play from its own speaker and other times it'll turn on the tv and use the tv speakers. Seems totally random

You have to set the default music playback speaker in the Alexa app.

I have my cube set to voice respond for general use but playback on a stereo paired set of Echo Dots.

You have to set the default music playback speaker in the Alexa app.

I have my cube set to voice respond for general use but playback on a stereo paired set of Echo Dots.
    Yes I have it set to built in speaker

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭odddavey

Yes, on prime day they were 25.
    I think it was discussed before on another thread that there may be a new model due out sometime this year. Most definitely looks like a newer cube on the cards at those prices to reduce the stock.
    You had to factor in the parcel motel fees as well. Can't do parcel motel now.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭odddavey

Have had a few refunds and getting refunded in gbp which the credit card changes back to eur and charges fx. Wish they would just add it as a gift card
    Just use revolut to pay, no charges

Yes I have it set to built in speaker

Maybe try set it to a Bluetooth speaker if you have a spare or soundbar. The internal speaker is not a good one for music either way

• Registered Users Posts: 3 tripalimend

Firestick, Fire TV, & Roku are great for streaming. Roku is a great streaming device, but Firestick is gaining popularity day by day. The following are the top streaming devices:-

Nvidia Shield TV Pro

Amazon FireTV Stick

Amazon FireTV Cube

Raspberry Pi 4

Xbox One X

Turewell T9

Xiaomi Mi Box S

MINIX NEO U9-H

Pendoo X6 PRO

OSMC Vero 4K+

Zidoo Z9S

Roku Streaming Stick