Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leinster Vs Munster Pro 14 final build up thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,413 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Molony and Baird on the bench, have Leinster anyone else there available at this stage? Josh Murphy I think who else?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭bayern

salmocab wrote: »
    Molony and Baird on the bench, have Leinster anyone else there available at this stage? Josh Murphy I think who else?

Murphy is out with a broken nose.

There's what, 5 injuries in the back row now?

There's what, 5 injuries in the back row now?

Penny - Hand
    Leavy, Deegan, Connors - knee
    Murphy - broken nose
    Doris - HIA

• Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Murphy was very battered looking last week. Looked almost like he had a broken nose. I dont think we have any back rows other than the 3 starting unless we dip into the Academy. But a few of those are injured too. Even ignoring Murphy, we're missing Leavy, Connors, Doris, Deegan and Penny.

Our starting XV would obviously normally include Furlong, Ryan, Doris, Sexton, Ringrose and probably Lowe. At least we'll have a few of those off the bench though.

You'd have to think that if it's tight going into the last quarter Leinsters bench should see it out. And I don't think I can see Munster building an unassailable lead before that.

• Advertisement

Hope Leinster target Joey defensively when defending 10/12 channel.. something Munster didn't have him doing much of since he has returned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

Hopefully we get Ryan back for next week and Fardy can move to the back row if needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,621 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

I think the boggers will win this. They are long overdue and are playing well. Although, wtf is Kilcoyne doing on the bench? What happened to safety 1st?
    Leinster have a crapload of returning players and even when fully loaded, they have not looked cohesive, imo.I think Lowe should have started, throw him back into the fire and see where he's at. A couple of injuries tomorrow will probably fcuk up the squad for the Toulon fixture.
    Everything should be focused on Europe for Leinster. After the Saracens debacle you would hope that winning Europe is the ultimate goal for Leinster.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭TomsOnTheRoof

Clegg wrote: »
    Keenan and Kearney in the back three really negates Munster's kick the leather off the ball approach.

We may actually see a game of rugby for once.

To be fair, seeing Kearney in the backline ought to encourage Munster to run the ball all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Tomtom364

bayern wrote: »
    Hope Leinster target Joey defensively when defending 10/12 channel.. something Munster didn't have him doing much of since he has returned.

If Munster didnt have him defending there much since he returned, now that they have both first choice huge centres in place, what makes you think they will switch it up and have Joey defending there much now?

• Advertisement

Tomtom364 wrote: »
    If Munster didnt have him defending there much since he returned, now that they have both first choice huge centres in place, what makes you think they will switch it up and have Joey defending there much now?

I said when he is defending there, I hope leinster target him there, not that he will be defending there a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 891 ✭✭✭sebdavis

Clegg wrote: »
    Keenan and Kearney in the back three really negates Munster's kick the leather off the ball approach.

We may actually see a game of rugby for once.

I dont think so, Munster think the approach has worked the last few times and small errors are the only reason they lost. Expect the ball to spend a lot of time in the Sky

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭theVersatile

Concussion protocols exist guys. If Kilcoyne is ready to play, then he's ready to play. If he's not right, he'll be withdrawn before kick off. It's not like they've just gone "alright Killer how many fingers am I holding up?... Correct! You're good to go!"

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

To be fair, seeing Kearney in the backline ought to encourage Munster to run the ball all day.

Yes, the notoriously vulnerable and unreliable Dave Kearney. He's the weak point defensively out there and not on the other wing. All Munster traffic should focus on Kearney.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Concussion protocols exist guys. If Kilcoyne is ready to play, then he's ready to play. If he's not right, he'll be withdrawn before kick off. It's not like they've just gone "alright Killer how many fingers am I holding up?... Correct! You're good to go!"

If he's in the 23, he's passed the protocols. The protocols are basically indicators of recovery though and not an exact science. He's gone through the stages of the protocol and passed his tests, so he's clear to play. He won't have been able to train at all this week though really which is why he's on the bench. That in itself puts him at a disadvantage and I don't think he'd be in the 23 if this wasn't a big game for Munster.

I'd take issue with the protocol in some situations though i.e. where a player was clearly out. If that's the case, I'd like to see a mandatory period of inactivity. Then again, that's no exact science either but it does err on the side of caution moreso.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

When was the last time Murray and Carberry played together? Have they played since Carberry came back?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

When was the last time Murray and Carberry played together? Have they played since Carberry came back?

Jan 2020 vs Ulster, and nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Riodej1578

molloyjh wrote: »
    Murphy was very battered looking last week. Looked almost like he had a broken nose. I dont think we have any back rows other than the 3 starting unless we dip into the Academy. But a few of those are injured too. Even ignoring Murphy, we're missing Leavy, Connors, Doris, Deegan and Penny.

Our starting XV would obviously normally include Furlong, Ryan, Doris, Sexton, Ringrose and probably Lowe. At least we'll have a few of those off the bench though.

You'd have to think that if it's tight going into the last quarter Leinsters bench should see it out. And I don't think I can see Munster building an unassailable lead before that.

That's just incredible squad depth that Leinster have. Expect them to see it out near the end as per usual

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,375 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Leinster at 4/9 and - 6.5 in the markets

Munster 2/1

The bookies know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭accensi0n

aloooof wrote: »
    Sure we're just simple farmers, we wouldn't have the disposable income to be spending on extravagant things like betting.

Swimmin in grants. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭hirondelle

Buer wrote: »
    Yes, the notoriously vulnerable and unreliable Dave Kearney. He's the weak point defensively out there and not on the other wing. All Munster traffic should focus on Kearney.

Yes, totally daft point to make about Kearney- particularly given his strike rate in the competition this year.

On a separate note, I feel bad for Michael Bent- I know "deserve" doesn't come into it, but he really has been great for us throughout the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Larbre34 wrote: »

Munster 2/1

The bookies know.

Leinster were always gonna be favorites, HC of -5 in most places is nothing

munster +5 Seems easy reachable though

hirondelle wrote: »
    On a separate note, I feel bad for Michael Bent- I know "deserve" doesn't come into it, but he really has been great for us throughout the season.

Agreed, it's very unfair on him but you can't leave out Porter or Furlong. We will surely miss Bent when he's gone. The demolition job he did on the Ulster scrum recently was beautiful.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

That's the type of BS that's been being passed off as fact by Leinster fans in particular for the last 2 years.

Roux was ill that summer and couldn't feature, and Schmidt said he needed a dedicated tight side lock, and at the time like it or not Kleyn was the best option available to fill that role.

Henderson and Ryan were the starting locks and Schmidt wanted Beirne and another tight side lock.

Simply, at the time, Toner wasn't performing well enough, he had struggled to regain form after an ankle injury and Schmidt made a selection call to take Kleyn instead.

Since then in particular Leinster fans have been hyper-critical of his performances. It's petty and obvious.
    JK hasn't reached his best form in a while, but at the time he was the best option available.

Joe Schmidt says in his book that he made the decision at the last minute because he reckoned Toner was looking at a few matches suspended for his red card before the WC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,122 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Munster, Leinster it doesn't really matter everyone was crap at that world cup. Don't see why any of this matters for tomorrow

Your first choice playmaker is a Leinster reject though, so not sure how he could match up even if he wasn't made of spun sugar.

There’s a lot of silly stuff said across these threads..

This level of bile and from a mod, is really unnecessary

bennyl10 wrote: »

It's a dickhead thing to say even before you acknowledge that he was likely moaning about joey being kidnapped and forced away at the time

• Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

I'm not sure everyone here understands the purpose of this thread.....

• Advertisement

He's not a mod?

He's not a mod?

Shows moderator on mobile?
    Different forum?

Shows moderator on mobile?
    Different forum?

Maybe in a different forum

Either way, is it not obvious that it was a joke?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

2 great teams named

could be a cracker

Maybe in a different forum

Either way, is it not obvious that it was a joke?

Maybe I misinterpreted (if so hey I hold my hand up)

It seemed bad even for the usual banter we see on these threads!

Three Red Kings are going to come wading into all this outrage any second.

Is it true that Munster wear red because their original jerseys were bleached with turnip skins?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Is it true that Munster wear red because their original jerseys were bleached with turnip skins?

You'd want to get that TRKitis sorted, sounds like a bad dose!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

Could be a job for Molfhunter II

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ersatz

It's a dickhead thing to say even before you acknowledge that he was likely moaning about joey being kidnapped and forced away at the time

And Joey just a kid at the time, the Wayfair theory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Larbre34 wrote: »

Munster 2/1

The bookies know.
    Really! They paid out on Hillary beating trump and they paid out on Brexit being defeated. Oh yeah some paid out on Kilkenny winning 5 in a row! Hehe!

Crazy to think this is only the 3rd final between Munster and Leinster

You'd forget the semi final heartbreak Leinster inflected on Munster the last few years

• Advertisement

PTH2009 wrote: »
    You'd forget the semi final heartbreak Leinster inflected on Munster the last few years

I wish I could.

only came to me now

2001 final Leinster won
    2011 final Munster won (what a day in Thomond Park that was)

a bit eerie 2021 is the next final

I wish I could.

It's OK to forget Thomond.

One of us will remind you every couple of weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,375 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Likely cool and damp for Le Grand Finale, possibly holding dry though.

Thats what you get for holding it two months early I guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

Honestly if I was a Munster fan that Scarlets final would hurt alot more then the Leinster defeats, that was a bloody massacre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭crisco10

Honestly if I was a Munster fan that Scarlets final would hurt alot more then the Leinster defeats, that was a bloody massacre.

I always thought that too. Esp cos they knew what was coming, scarlets just did exactly the same as they did to Leinster in the semi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,603 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

crisco10 wrote: »
    I always thought that too. Esp cos they knew what was coming, scarlets just did exactly the same as they did to Leinster in the semi

The only comfort was that we bought Beirne off them and they’ve been crap ever since

Akrasia wrote: »
    Munsters 1st choice team is just as good as Leinsters 1st choice team. Our problem is in the depth chart and we haven’t had our 1st choice playmaker fit in almost 2 years

Munster will Win this weekend
    We have way more to play for than Leinster have. CJs last ever league game is worth 10 points on its own

So we've got Munster first choice against Leinster not first choice. No where to hide now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,603 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

So we've got Munster first choice against Leinster not first choice. No where to hide now.

Again, getting the excuses in early

If Munster win ‘It was against our reserves’ if Munster lose ‘you can’t even beat our b team’

Leinster have picked a very strong team, can we just agree that the winners of this game are deserved champions in a proper contest, rather than pretending, if Munster win, that Leinster ‘allowed’ Munster to win because the pro 14 is beneath them

• Advertisement
Advertisement