Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Small cut of Roast Beef cooking time ??

Options
  • 23-03-2021 2:57pm

Hi,

I bought a small piece of roast beef for myself, its 0.5 of a kg
    Im wondering how long would would it need, given its only a small bit.
    I like it medium rare, if that helps.

TIA

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Faith wrote: »

Oh that is brilliant, thank you Faith

• Registered Users Posts: 21,229 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Jake1 wrote: »
    Oh that is brilliant, thank you Faith

I wouldn't be afraid to get the oven up to a higher temp to start with. Think 180 is suggested but I would normally go to 230 and drop once in the oven.

PARlance wrote: »
    I wouldn't be afraid to get the oven up to a higher temp to start with. Think 180 is suggested but I would normally go to 230 and drop once in the oven.

Thank you, yes, I actually did that.
    Turned out ok, but too rare, so I committed sacriledge and nuked in microwave for 25 seconds, and then it was perfcet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

for a 500g piece of beef, in future you could do worse than simply slicing it lengthways and having 2 steaks

• Advertisement

for a 500g piece of beef, in future you could do worse than simply slicing it lengthways and having 2 steaks

Would you recommend cooking it the same way as a roast or pan fry it?

It was a lovely little piece of beef by the way, only 4.50

• Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

actually, cheap beef would probably need longer cooking in an oven

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

Get yourself one of these

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01MG7KLCI/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You just sear it off, then stick a probe in the middle of the piece of beef and then pull it out when its at 130f (for Medium rare -rest it for anything up to 90 minutes whilst you cook you spuds etc.)

Easy. Doesnt matter how big the piece is.

Advertisement