Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Purchasing goods from Northern Ireland

Options
  • 23-03-2021 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

Hi All,

Can anyone advise what is the situation from buying in Northern Ireland and Selling in the Republic at present

I have purchased some stock, Agri Products in the North and wish to sell privately to consumers in the South

When i asked the question to the Wholesaler in the North there was No Issues with Customs etc

I received the goods next day by a DPD guy with no questions asked

Given the Brexit Situation am i obliged to pay Customs and Taxes to the governments for importing the goods and am i responsible for it ?

The dpd guy said it was the responsibility of the wholesaler to mark up the goods with the extra customs charges , but that doesn't seem to be happening.

Any advise or experience would be appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

I would do a small course in business and do some basic research about brexit before starting the business and ignorance of the law is never taken as an excuse by revenue.

Your post is suggesting some glaring deficiencies in some very basic knowledge and that will lead to problems

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭Vestiapx

What value of goods do you intend to sell this year ?

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭wicklow_hunter

Vestiapx wrote: »
    What value of goods do you intend to sell this year ?

€200 circa

€200 circa

Unit cost €200 to purchase.

I’ve only been trialling to see what margin is in it.

I estimate I could turnover 2-3k of sales . Part time hobby horse stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 18 GarySmith

True, the revenue section wouldn't accept the ignorance, so yes better to have more search. or you might directly check it with them if you are going to make it as primary business or career.

• Advertisement

GarySmith wrote: »
    True, the revenue section wouldn't accept the ignorance, so yes better to have more search. or you might directly check it with them if you are going to make it as primary business or career.

Having done some more research, seems to be an exemption from NI to the republic. Taxes and duties do not apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Mr321

Hi All,

Can anyone advise what is the situation from buying in Northern Ireland and Selling in the Republic at present

I have purchased some stock, Agri Products in the North and wish to sell privately to consumers in the South

When i asked the question to the Wholesaler in the North there was No Issues with Customs etc

I received the goods next day by a DPD guy with no questions asked

Given the Brexit Situation am i obliged to pay Customs and Taxes to the governments for importing the goods and am i responsible for it ?

The dpd guy said it was the responsibility of the wholesaler to mark up the goods with the extra customs charges , but that doesn't seem to be happening.

Any advise or experience would be appreciated

How did you purchase from a wholesalers?

Mr321 wrote: »
    How did you purchase from a wholesalers?

No issue, the company I’ve been dealing with are wholesalers and retailers
    The ni company import the goods from china

Advertisement