Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bamboo type for container

Options
  • 23-03-2021 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

I have a rectangular container, internal dimensions are 6 ft long, 17 inches deep and 16 inches wide.
    I would like to plant bamboo in it. I dont mind having to pull out the bamboo in a few years time to split it when it outgrows the container.
    Aspect is south/southwest facing.
    I would like something with a bit of height that will be impressive on a patio.
    Any suggestions on type of bamboo worth considering?

Comments

Mackdublin wrote: »
    I have a rectangular container, internal dimensions are 6 ft long, 17 inches deep and 16 inches wide.
    I would like to plant bamboo in it. I dont mind having to pull out the bamboo in a few years time to split it when it outgrows the container.
    Aspect is south/southwest facing.
    I would like something with a bit of height that will be impressive on a patio.
    Any suggestions on type of bamboo worth considering?

Also very interested in this. Have a similar trough to yours and looking at Fargesia at the moment which is clump forming rather than a runner.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭phormium

I want to do the same :) but first I must get the container, where does one find such a trough?

phormium wrote: »
    I want to do the same :) but first I must get the container, where does one find such a trough?

I bought mine from Dublin Planters. They have lovely stuff.

Advertisement