Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RPZ

Options
  • 23-03-2021 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭

If I pay my tenant to vacate and then sell my property vacant possession will the new owner be able to rent out the property at market rate

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Baby01032012

beaufoy wrote: »
    If I pay my tenant to vacate and then sell my property vacant possession will the new owner be able to rent out the property at market rate

No it will have been let within the past 2 years. It doesn’t matter that it’s a different owner/landlord. The rent cap is linked to the last tenancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭beaufoy

No it will have been let within the past 2 years. It doesn’t matter that it’s a different owner/landlord. The rent cap is linked to the last tenancy.

I suspect you are correct but if you see properties at bidx and advertised as investment properties, then the advert should say last tenent moved out 2 years ago so no rpz regs. I have never seen said disclaimer so it is more than likely that someone could buy a vacant posession property and if their lawyer does not inquire about the past rental history the purchaser could be landed with a rental property which he has to leave empty for 2 years or collect a rent well below the market value

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Baby01032012

It’s up to prospective landlord to know the history. The previous tenancy i a rpz will have major impact on their return and whether to buy or not.

Bidx1 normally gives the current rent if rented. It’s normally hugely under market hence the value. I e acted as a buyers agent so it’s one of first things I want to know.

Advertisement