Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Track machine Jcb js130lc

Options
  • 23-03-2021 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

Just looking for a bit of advice.

We are looking to purchase a 12/14ton track machine for our own farm use and possibly do a small bit of contract work.

I have seen a JCB track 13ton track machine for sale 2009.

Just wondering has anyone any thoughts on these machines. I don't know much about them.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭Cattlepen

happylad wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

Just looking for a bit of advice.

We are looking to purchase a 12/14ton track machine for our own farm use and possibly do a small bit of contract work.

I have seen a JCB track 13ton track machine for sale 2009.

Just wondering has anyone any thoughts on these machines. I don't know much about them.

Thanks in advance

Nice machine. Would want to be a well minded one though. The may be a little softer than some of the others

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭happylad

Thanks cattlepen. When you say softer are they prone to problems

• Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

Thanks cattlepen. When you say softer are they prone to problems
    Lad I know filings in th hydraulics and upgraded her then, lad said similar abit softer

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭rs8

As said if you got a clean one it would do a world of work ... they can give plenty of electronic issues aswell!! Personally I'd just go the hitach 130/ case cx route .. if you ever wanted rid there the most sought after imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

rs8 wrote: »
    As said if you got a clean one it would do a world of work ... they can give plenty of electronic issues aswell!! Personally I'd just go the hitach 130/ case cx route .. if you ever wanted rid there the most sought after imo.

No matter what machine it is, the day you buy is the day you sell

• Advertisement

Thanks for the replies. A lot of points to consider

kevthegaff wrote: »
    Lad I know filings in th hydraulics and upgraded her then, lad said similar abit softer

Had a Hyundai before the js130 and there was no end to it. Was faster and could lift a lot more. The js is a good digger but mightn’t just be as tough as hitachi Hyundai komatsu imo still nothing wrong with it all the same

Thanks cattlepen do you still have the js130

Thanks cattlepen do you still have the js130

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭148multi

rs8 wrote: »

The case can give electrical problems too, but probably the nicest machine to drive.
    If you can afford one, a hitachi 130 lcn is bullet proof.

• Advertisement

Thank 148multi. I am looking at them also but they are a hell of a lot more expensive. Will c what happens. Thanks for your comment

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭mythos110

I've a 02 JS130 which replaced an earlier 93 version of the same machine. Certainly electrics are the major problem in the current machine - random faults appear which normally clear themselves. That said its very comfortable and a great work horse with over 11k hours on it now. We don't do much with it but wouldn't be without it around the farm now either. Recently got a man basket for it to help knock overhanging branches from trees and for a bit of shed maintenance which has made it invaluable from a safety point of view. The only thing I've had to replace in the last 3 years was the dipper ram seal and the throttle angle sensor which had given up the ghost. Mine has the izusu engine which in bomb proof.

Thanks mythos110. That's good to hear. I am looking at a 2009 one. I heard that the Isuzu engine is good alright. I need to ask the supplier what engine is in this one as another person said to me that they started putting different engines into them at a latter stage or maybe I picked it up wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭richie123

Thanks mythos110. That's good to hear. I am looking at a 2009 one. I heard that the Isuzu engine is good alright. I need to ask the supplier what engine is in this one as another person said to me that they started putting different engines into them at a latter stage or maybe I picked it up wrong.

A different perspective.
    I did what you are thinking of doing a few years ago.
    I remember well at the time a friend telling me the hardest thing youl have with it was trying to stay up on the machine and keeping it working.
    How right he was.
    At 50 an hour plus the vat for a reputable plant hire operator your getting a good machine a driver who's more than likely very good ,diesel,less all the headaches of wear/breakdowns.
    And you will have breakdowns.
    I have since sold that machine.
    yes a very handy machine to have about the place but you won't do half the amount of work u think u will.

Advertisement