Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone storage full.

Options
  • 23-03-2021 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi Guys
    The storage on my iPhone 7 is full so I need to do something to make storage.
    I have had issues before trying to clear photos from my iPhone and it isn't straight forward.
    When I connect my phone via cable to my laptop to transfer the photos, I get an error message saying "the device is unreachable".
    I can view the photos ok on the laptop it just won't let me transfer them.
    Any idea why ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Pay €3 a month for cloud storage and move the photos there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 GeriMcG

I have the same issue, i pay €.99c a month to use the icloud storage. Only problem i have is when i go to the like's of harvey normans to print it wont let me because its in the Icloud

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Jet1

But I have loads of storage on my laptop so why cant I put my photos there. Does the iPhone actually block this or am I doing something wrong ?
    I used to be able to do this easily on older iPhones.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 452 ✭✭Sharpyshoot

Don’t put any nudey photos or videos in the cloud.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Deagol

Jet1 wrote: »
    But I have loads of storage on my laptop so why cant I put my photos there. Does the iPhone actually block this or am I doing something wrong ?
    I used to be able to do this easily on older iPhones.

You need to give the laptop permission to access the iphone and then do a manual transfer. Literally cut and paste from the iphone, then delete the photos on the iphone. If the iphone is totally full it may have issues, i would suggest delete a few things you don't really need or uninstall an app that you can easily reinstall later.

• Advertisement
Advertisement