Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lower Wisdom Tooth Removal Cost

• 23-03-2021 10:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭

Hello all. I need a lower wisdom tooth removed, I’m 42, it only started bothering me in the past 18 months, it’s getting infected regularly now so my dentist had said to me during my last visit that it will have to come out at some stage. I have health insurance but I only took it out last year and my dentist reckons it may deemed pre-existing by my insurer.

I’m going to try to book in with my dentist again as I need another course of antibiotics to clear up the latest infection so I’ll discuss treatment options with him but what am I looking at to get it removed privately? Am I better off going to see an oral surgeon or is it generally better at my age to get it done under general anaesthetic in a hospital? What would the cost ramifications be going the hospital route privately? There is surprisingly little info online for such a common issue

Advertisement