Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wicklow-based Budget Building Products any good?

Options
  • 24-03-2021 2:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭

I'm based in Galway but I see a lovely cement mixer going for 10% cheaper on the website of this company.

Is this a well known, well regarded business in Wicklow? It says it's based in Sparrow Rd, Dunlavin.

Any nods of approval welcome (if you've heard of it!)

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Markus Antonius

I guess it's no Woodies then...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭tc20

Hi MA,

I hadn't heard of the company before I saw your post, and I had been looking at the usual suspects for power tools and this supplier were a bit cheaper.
    The prices on the website are a little off, (Brexit increases) but are still cheaper than competitors.
    I placed my order and received the tool within a couple of days, no issues.

Thank you for the heads up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Markus Antonius

tc20 wrote: »
    Hi MA,

I hadn't heard of the company before I saw your post, and I had been looking at the usual suspects for power tools and this supplier were a bit cheaper.
    The prices on the website are a little off, (Brexit increases) but are still cheaper than competitors.
    I placed my order and received the tool within a couple of days, no issues.

Thank you for the heads up :)
    Thanks for letting me know, Tc. I have since bought the mixer locally at the higher cost. But it's good to know there is another option there for tools.

I did a bit of digging and it seems to be a man working out of his own backyard! Well known hardware shops are scalpers themselves so all power to him if he can source the tools and sell at a cheaper cost.

We could do with a few more of them around the country!

Advertisement