Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving from XBox to PS

Options
  • 24-03-2021 10:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,133 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    My son wants to move from Xbox to PS, he plays mainly Fortnite, Rocket League & small bit of Minecraft.

How easy it is to migrate accounts so he keeps any items he's bought etc.? Any tips n tricks for moving across?

Thanks,
    Pa.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Kasparinho23

I dont think you can do that maybe for rocket league but i dont think i ever heard from moving accounts between consoles. PC yeah some games allow that but xbox to ps i dont think its possible but i could be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

dinneenp wrote: »
    Hi,
    My son wants to move from Xbox to PS, he plays mainly Fortnite, Rocket League & small bit of Minecraft.

How easy it is to migrate accounts so he keeps any items he's bought etc.? Any tips n tricks for moving across?

Thanks,
    Pa.

I looked it up.

In relation to Fortnite; "Excluding console/platform specific V-Bucks, all in-game purchases and progress are available cross platform. Note: Each console/platform must be connected to the same Epic Games account"

So, what I gather from that is, all of his progress and purchases are linked to his Epic account. When he gets his Playstation, he just needs to link his new PSN account with his Epic account.
    However, if he has any V-Bucks on his account, get him to spend them now, just to be sure.

Since Rocket League is on an Epic account as well, it will be the same deal (according to what I've read online.)

I don't think he can bring across any of his Minecraft stuff, as that'll be on his Xbox Live account. But I've a feeling that won't bother him too much, I'd say the Fortnite stuff will be the most important to him.

I don't play any of those games myself, so I could be wrong. But like I said, I did a search online and it seems his Epic account for Fortnite and Rocket League should be grand.

Advertisement