Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin Lord Mayor Hazel Chu to stand as Independent in Seanad elections

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Hamachi wrote: »
    LOL that got a chuckle out of me.

Can you list the achievements she’s delivered for Dublin?

Yeah......NIL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

Yeah......NIL

minus figures tbh. She scored many own goals.

a completely false portrayal of dublin / ireland as a hot bed of racism.
    False and rash judgements and allegations about the police and carlow secondary teachers.

when proven incorrect on the carlow teachers , radio silence.
    her comment about the teachers was a horrible abuse of position (and access to the media) with no retraction or apology.

She is a horrible nasty person and not fit for office.

An ego inflated by too much smoke blown up her ass by a fawning racist media - the white saviour popular in trendy areas of dublin - weren't we a great sort to elect a Chinese* person they bleated when she was elected slapping themselves on the back for their achievement
    Hopefully she'll disappear the way of royston brady.

* I know she was born here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I'd love to give her a sending off parade.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Bit like biden, he is in no fit state to be the world's most powerful man.

What's wrong with his state?
    There was no other choice really, was there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭Jerry Attrick

I'd love to give her a sending off parade.....

Tickertape or rotten vegetables?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,404 ✭✭✭1874

paw patrol wrote: »
    minus figures tbh. She scored many own goals.

a completely false portrayal of dublin / ireland as a hot bed of racism.
    False and rash judgements and allegations about the police and carlow secondary teachers.

when proven incorrect on the carlow teachers , radio silence.
    her comment about the teachers was a horrible abuse of position (and access to the media) with no retraction or apology.

She is a horrible nasty person and not fit for office.

An ego inflated by too much smoke blown up her ass by a fawning racist media - the white saviour popular in trendy areas of dublin - weren't we a great sort to elect a Chinese* person they bleated when she was elected slapping themselves on the back for their achievement
    Hopefully she'll disappear the way of royston brady.

* I know she was born here.

Heard her on the radio, she did a significant U-turn on her opinions of the Gardai, stellar job now, I have no problems them clearing out anyone acting like little thugs myself, just wish they applied the same evenly to all and in proportion to threat, so over subscribed weddings etc yes the Public order unit, they were fairly keen on putting the boot into priests and auld dears just trying to get a bit of mass in.

Anyway Chu was full of support for them recently, I am in no way insinuating anything racist by saying she is flip flopping, just in case someone construes that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Effects wrote: »
    What's wrong with his state?
    There was no other choice really, was there?

Have you actually watched any of his events?
    Over 100 days in office before he talked to the people after election.
    He can't remember who is who or what...
    ATF he calls aft, senior members he would know years and doesn't know their names but would have.
    He stated numerous times he was in the senate 120 years, if you don't vote for him ya ain't black, he sniffs kids and touches them, he was on about kids rubbing his legs in the pool and stroking him etc etc....

Seriously a huge country that size couldn't come up with 2 better candidate then what was on offer....

Corruption and then look at those like their house speaker and other ones in power they are near all millionaires.

1874 wrote: »
    Heard her on the radio, she did a significant U-turn on her opinions of the Gardai, stellar job now, I have no problems them clearing out anyone acting like little thugs myself, just wish they applied the same evenly to all and in proportion to threat, so over subscribed weddings etc yes the Public order unit, they were fairly keen on putting the boot into priests and auld dears just trying to get a bit of mass in.

Anyway Chu was full of support for them recently, I am in no way insinuating anything racist by saying she is flip flopping, just in case someone construes that.

tbh I'm less bothered by her going after the gardai themselves.
    the have a well established press office and union to deflect, counter and protect.

But she joined those who stroked racist tensions after the incident in Blanch for their own gain and that is unforgivable.

Personally I'm not a fan of the gardai - not wanting to drag this thread off Chu...but they behaved poorly in the last 15months for the reasons you mention. I';ll leave it at that.

Tickertape or rotten vegetables?

Unfortunately It sounds like some other kind of parade, each to their own, puts me off my cornflakes.
    paw patrol wrote: »
    tbh I'm less bothered by her going after the gardai themselves.
    the have a well established press office and union to deflect, counter and protect.

But she joined those who stroked racist tensions after the incident in Blanch for their own gain and that is unforgivable.

Personally I'm not a fan of the gardai - not wanting to drag this thread off Chu...but they behaved poorly in the last 15months for the reasons you mention. I';ll leave it at that.

I mostly agree with that, just pointing out her flip flopping, How the Gardai acted was not impartially to all groups, however as bad as they were, I suppose they do have a job to do, Chu on the other hand flip flopped to meet her current agenda, and I dont really know what her job is to do or for, horrible person who hides behind dubious racial claims, disgusting imo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

Yeah......NIL

Dublin's thriving and is emerging from the pandemic under the leadership of Hazel Chu while other cities like New Delhi , Limerick CITY and Sao Paolo sink further into disaster.

• Advertisement

Unfortunately It sounds like some other kind of parade, each to their own, puts me off my cornflakes.

I mostly agree with that, just pointing out her flip flopping, How the Gardai acted was not impartially to all groups, however as bad as they were, I suppose they do have a job to do, Chu on the other hand flip flopped to meet her current agenda, and I dont really know what her job is to do or for, horrible person who hides behind dubious racial claims, disgusting imo

You must find the world a harsh place. Your terrible sensitive. Remember your first responsibility is to your kids (as applicable) . Then yourself. Then your family. Then your community and only then the world.

Stay as strong as you can this past year has been very tough for us all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Dublin's thriving and is emerging from the pandemic under the leadership of Hazel Chu while other cities like New Delhi , Limerick CITY and Sao Paolo sink further into disaster.

Dublin is thriving under the leadership of Hazel Chu?

I'm guessing you have some irrefutable facts on hand to back up this bold statement.

Would Limerick, New Delhi and Sao Paolo be in a better place under the stewardship of the bowld Hazel?

Glazers Out!

nullzero wrote: »
    Dublin is thriving under the leadership of Hazel Chu?

I'm guessing you have some irrefutable facts on hand to back up this bold statement.

Would Limerick, New Delhi and Sao Paolo be in a better place under the stewardship of the bowld Hazel?

She's got the virus under control in Dublin.

You must find the world a harsh place. Your terrible sensitive. Remember your first responsibility is to your kids (as applicable) . Then yourself. Then your family. Then your community and only then the world.

Stay as strong as you can this past year has been very tough for us all.

what the hell are you bleating on about?
    Chu criticised the gardai before any evidence or investigation carried out over the chap shot in Blanch, thats true to form for her jumping on the bandwagon, yet she cosied up to them when they went in and dealt with violent disorder in Dublin city centre recently, which seemed potentially mostly to be white people??
    she (you also) are all over the place.

fyi I was joking that the other poster fancied her, I dont think he does, but he did say he'd like to put a parade on for her, I unfairly jokingly turned the posters words against them as a joke as I didnt for one second think they meant they fancied her at all.

And Chu has blatantly flip flopped

what the hell are you bleating on about?
    Chu criticised the gardai before any evidence or investigation carried out over the chap shot in Blanch, yet she cosied up to them when they went in and dealt with violent disorder in Dublin city centre recently, she (you?) are all over the place.

Look I was just trying to be sensitive to the fact that you obviously need to mind your mental health.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭Hamachi

I thought the funniest description of Hazel Chu on Boards was ‘a driven woman of color who has it all’, but this one has definitely topped it!

Listen up. Hazel Chu is now single handedly responsible for containing Covid in Dublin. Is there any end to her talents?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

:pac:

Is she personally responsible for anything to do with measures to tackle Covid or might it have something to do the HSE, NPHET and the politicians who are actually in government?

Glazers Out!

Chu is probably already taking credit for it somehow???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,946 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Have you actually watched any of his events?
    Over 100 days in office before he talked to the people after election.
    He can't remember who is who or what...
    ATF he calls aft, senior members he would know years and doesn't know their names but would have.
    He stated numerous times he was in the senate 120 years, if you don't vote for him ya ain't black, he sniffs kids and touches them, he was on about kids rubbing his legs in the pool and stroking him etc etc....

I admittedly haven't watched very much of his performance (no more than I did Trump) but the above sounds like Reagan in his later years.

Fully agree with you though that - like last time out there - if those were the best 2 candicates then that country has far greater problems than it does already

Of course the same could be said of the options here. FF/FG incompetence, waste, nepotism and corruption, or whatever shade of leftism you prefer.

Look I was just trying to be sensitive to the fact that you obviously need to mind your mental health.

I see, passive agressive sly digs to try undermine someone who calls out her double standards and her disingenuous form.

• Advertisement

Chu is probably already taking credit for it somehow???

Not sure how she fit all that in around her thriving career as a club DJ.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

I thought the funniest description of Hazel Chu on Boards was ‘a driven woman of color who has it all’, but this one has definitely topped it!

Listen up. Hazel Chu is now single handedly responsible for containing Covid in Dublin. Is there any end to her talents?

Its definitely something she would have her cult followers believe

Its definitely something she would have her cult followers believe

Does she have cult followers? I mentioned this before, but she was about two or three years ahead of me in UCD.

I’m totally bemused by the platform she’s been granted. Calling her a non-entity in her student days, would be a benevolent description to say the least.

I see, passive agressive sly digs to try undermine someone who calls out her double standards and her disingenuous form.

Maybe you need to stop thinking about her form (which is lovely I admit) and concentrate on her policies and achievements.

That said this sort of hypersexualised obsession with oriental women recently led to mass murder by a mentally ill man somewhere in America.

Does she have cult followers? I mentioned this before, but she was about two or three years ahead of me in UCD.

I’m totally bemused by the platform she’s been granted. Calling her a non-entity in her student days, would be a benevolent description to say the least.

Well this is the issue. At best shes done absolutely nothing positive, at worst shes been a detriment to the city and the office she holds, exploiting it for her own gain and rallying her fans into spreading her lies . Yet any social media platform or newspaper will continuously read from the ‘sacred book of hazel’ which denounces any criticism of her as misogyny, racism, xenophobia or some other type of ‘wrongthink’

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,687 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

concentrate on her policies and achievements

Outline them please.

Maybe you need to stop thinking about her form (which is lovely I admit) and concentrate on her policies and achievements.

It’s not often I get genuine belly laugh from a poster, but you’re a true gem.

One thing I’m pretty sure of is that the silhouette of her achievements would be significantly slimmer than her admittedly lovely form!

That said this sort of hypersexualised obsession with oriental women recently led to mass murder by a mentally ill man somewhere in America.

Ive seen lesser leaps get gold in the olympics.

I think you sound unhinged myself, you are intentionally misinterpetting what I am saying, I think youre trying to bait me into saying something, maybe you'd like to report me so can drum up a ban, shut down opinions you view as dissenting.
    Look, I'll make it clear, as you brought it up, I think she looks like she doesn't take care of her health, she looks like her weight could affect her physical health, I would be in no way interested or attracted to someone like that, but really thats a health concern for her.
    My main concern about her form is that of how she spouts her bile to make her seem relevant.

By all means, illuminate us all with her achievements?

• Advertisement

I'm in tears here.
    Absolute gold.

Politburo lads would be embarrassed to read that nonsense in Pravda

• Registered Users Posts: 12,908 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

I think posters shouldn't be taking the bait from that user.

Outline them please.

1 Great pandemic response
    2 Peace in Israel
    3 Justice for George Floyd
    4 Vaccine rollout
    5 Stopping rural broadband
    6 Got Ulstebank out
    7 No new border on the island of Ireland
    8 Kneecap bringing out H.O.O.D.
    9 Got Trump out

10 2 new slots for the 7d (planned obviously pandemic is a problem)
    11 cancelled the ridiculous whitewater rafting centre
    12 stopped racism in Ireland

13 got Claire Byrne (her candidate) on the green ticket in Dublin Bay South (this is more internal green party stuff)
    14 Grange Gorman bollards
    15 Massively increased cycling amenities in Dublin

16 convinced some loo las to leave the Green party (making it more electable)
    17 Kept rents at sky high levels (which is bad for some people but good for landlords so swings and roundabouts)
    18 Huge increase in quality of take away food (Hazel knows this inside and out because her mother owned 7 Chinese takeaways - not high quality ones)
    19 Preservation of take away pints
    20 Got the Shickolownee to batter scobes

2 Peace in Israel
    4 Vaccine rollout
    6 Got Ulstebank out
    9 Got Trump out

13 got Claire Byrne (her candidate) on the green ticket in Dublin Bay South (this is more internal green party stuff)

17 Kept rents at sky high levels (which is bad for some people but good for landlords so swings and roundabouts)
    18 Huge increase in quality of take away food (Hazel knows this inside and out because her mother owned 7 Chinese takeaways - not high quality ones)

Best parody since The Day Today.

Well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭mikemac2

The recent tweets seems fairly positive with some campaigns and promoting business. Exactly what a Lord Mayor should do, good stuff

I see we have another political party An Rabharta Glas - Green Left . Setup by some ex Green councillors and the Hazel wishing them well

I clearly missed their launch, had never heard of them

I don’t know how she gets away with such disloyalty, does she even want to be Green party member? Ran as an independant and supporting members who left the party

Makes the leadership look weak :/ Most other party leaders might slap you down for this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

And here's this wonderful new party: https://anrabhartaglas.ie/ - I can't see it lasting very long as there's already numerous other hard left groups out there and no need for another.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,909 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

mikemac2 wrote:
    Makes the leadership look weak :/ Most other party leaders might slap you down for this

The fragmentation of the greens is very telling, it shows how the older generation members simply don't truly understand the seriousness of the issues being experienced by its younger members, it's become stuck and transfixed on its main concerns, but is unable to see the bigger picture, and the fact, all of these issues are of equal importance and seriousness. Ryan won't last much longer, and if the party doesn't pull its socks up soon, it to could go with him.
    Del.Monte wrote:
    - I can't see it lasting very long as there's already numerous other hard left groups out there and no need for another.

Maybe, maybe not, there's not actually many hard left parties at all, there probably will be another, more rebellious green party after all of this

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    The fragmentation of the greens is very telling, it shows how the older generation members simply don't truly understand the seriousness of the issues being experienced by its younger members, it's become stuck and transfixed on its main concerns, but is unable to see the bigger picture, and the fact, all of these issues are of equal importance and seriousness. Ryan won't last much longer, and if the party doesn't pull its socks up soon, it to could go with him.

Maybe, maybe not, there's not actually many hard left parties at all, there probably will be another, more rebellious green party after all of this

Sinn Féin, People Before Profit/Solidarity, Aontú, Right to Change and Independents 4 Change and there's plenty more lunatic fringe parties here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_political_parties_in_the_Republic_of_Ireland#Parties_and_groupings_represented_in_the_Oireachtas

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Sinn Féin, People Before Profit/Solidarity, Aontú, Right to Change and Independents 4 Change and there's plenty more lunatic fringe parties here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_political_parties_in_the_Republic_of_Ireland#Parties_and_groupings_represented_in_the_Oireachtas

Aontu are no way far left.
    they would describe themselves as centre-left but my own opinion would be they are quite centre in most items . That said i don't think the left-right political descriptions are apt anymore politics has evolved beyond that scope.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Evil_g

The Irish left. Otherwise known as the anti property tax coalition. I assume this new pseudo water melon party will die on that hill as well.

you do realise, most people still vote for traditional parties, i.e. ffg, the political left is a mess, but sf is quickly changing this, and rightfully so, oh and aontu are far from being a left party, theyre actually very conservative

• Advertisement

They're a left party ya yank.
    they just don't like killing babies.
    you do realise, most people still vote for traditional parties, i.e. ffg, the political left is a mess, but sf is quickly changing this, and rightfully so, oh and aontu are far from being a left party, theyre actually very conservative

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,211 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Aontú would be firmly on the left, an older more Irish working class version of the Left but still on the left.

They're a left party ya yank.
    they just don't like killing babies.

only that theyre not

Obviously, but what that has to do with my point about there already being a multitude of leftie parties out there and no need for the new Left/Eco party?

Obviously, but what that has to do with my point about there already being a multitude of leftie parties out there and no need for the new Left/Eco party?

About 19 registered left parties in Ireland.

the traditional political left parties are lost, they abandoned their base a long time ago, theyve no real idea whats going on, why the ideologies theyve been supporting and encouraging, particularly over the last couple of decades, are continually failing, hence why we re now experiencing a growth in new left parties, this is in fact urgently required

the traditional political left parties are lost, they abandoned their base a long time ago, theyve no real idea whats going on, why the ideologies theyve been supporting and encouraging, particularly over the last couple of decades, are continually failing, hence why we re now experiencing a growth in new left parties, this is in fact urgently required

Looks like a death spiral.

No evidence that the new smaller left parties have any less out of touch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

2 Peace in Israel
    4 Vaccine rollout
    6 Got Ulstebank out
    9 Got Trump out

This reads like Marge Simpsons CV when she goes to work in the power plant.

Danzy wrote:
    No evidence that the new smaller left parties have any less out of touch.

Yea, they're absolutely atrocious, no coherency at all, no true realistic ideas, a lot of shouting

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

When her term as mayor ends, she'll either beg the Social Democrats to take her in or get a role with some money pit like the NWCI. She's be perfect at finding ways to waste taxpayer money.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement