Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changes in Dietary Habits During the COVID-19 Lockdown

Options
  • 24-03-2021 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭

Have you made changes to the intake of specific food categories and what effect has it had on healthy eating?

WFH and proximity to the kitchen has lead to more snacking on my part. An upside has been more home cooked meals but overall I reckon the overall increase in food consumption outweighs this positive.

What impact has the COVID-19 lockdown had on your dietary habits?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭Macy0161

I had to adjust my diet more so because of reduced NEAT, rather than snacking. If anything, less temptation being remote than in the office - no one bringing in cakes/ biscuits/ home baking, no leaving tea parties etc.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Macy0161 wrote: »
    I had to adjust my diet more so because of reduced NEAT, rather than snacking. If anything, less temptation being remote than in the office - no one bringing in cakes/ biscuits/ home baking, no leaving tea parties etc.

I'm the same, eating much healthier overall - able to prepare a fresh, healthy lunch every day rather than deciding I don't want my salad and popping in for something unhealthy from a cafe instead as lunch approaches. No walks to the shop for chocolate just to get away from the desk.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,624 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

I'm a creature of habit so not much has changed. Lunch is slightly different but calorie content is much the same.

More steps and a few more ginger nut biscuits

Advertisement