Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Our records show that you have not yet upgraded to our new service"

Options
  • 24-03-2021 5:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi,

Some days ago I got an email about the recent changes to online banking saying "Our records show that you have not yet upgraded to our new service". Then I got a letter on the same topic - "We recommend that you set up and register for the new 365 online service as soon as possible". But I have already installed the app and set my phone up as a security device, and had done so before I received the email or the more recent letter. I have logged in on my PC, successfully swiping the notification on my phone in order to do so. Can I assume that everything is set up as it should be and that I can ignore the email and letter?

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Economics101

I got something similar. I generally access B of I on my PC, and now I need the phone as well for security purposes. I can understand that but the new online account has a much less user-friendly layout than the old one: one needs twice as many clicks to do the simplest things.

Sometimes I think that B of I have a strategy of getting rid of customers, what with their soulless cashless branches and now their (as far as I am concerned) clunky online banking.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 iliketree

I got something similar. I generally access B of I on my PC, and now I need the phone as well for security purposes. I can understand that but the new online account has a much less user-friendly layout than the old one: one needs twice as many clicks to do the simplest things.

Sometimes I think that B of I have a strategy of getting rid of customers, what with their soulless cashless branches and now their (as far as I am concerned) clunky online banking.
    I've found the new website more clunky too, unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭mr j tayto

Same here. Had the exact same letter yesterday despite having set up for the changes weeks ago.

Bad and all as the old website was, at least it was workable and relativley easy to use.

I've had to help my parents out many times as well because they find it very confusing.

BOI seem to want to make life as difficult as they can for their customers, maybe time to move away from them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Hi All, 

Thanks for the posts. 

Yes, if you have already successfully downloaded App and registered device, you're all set up to go. 

Sorry about the notifications, we'll certainly feed this back to the Team. 

Inline with EU Regulations we needed to make some necessary changes and have improved some of the security features to further protect our customers banking online with us.

If you have any questions or need any guidance with this, please do ask us here,

Hoping the above helps, 

Many thanks
    Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 6 iliketree

Thanks Alison!

• Advertisement
Advertisement