Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free savings account without direct debit.

Options
  • 24-03-2021 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭

I've got an AIB online savings account which is very useful but it requires a minimum of €10 monthly deposit.

Are there any savings accounts about that are free and don't require a direct debit?

I think I removed the direct debit on my current AIB online saver account but I transfer more than €10 a month into this account manually which may be the reason why I was able to remove it.

I just want an account where I can add money at my leisure.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,012 ✭✭✭✭L1011

KBC have one, and BOI definitely did when I moved away from them a few months back. KBCs even still pays interest, albeit comically little. However, most banks require you to have your current account there to open these.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,083 ✭✭✭Sarn

It sounds like you opened a regular savings account. These tend to offer the ‘best’ rates of interest on savings in the bank, but require a monthly deposit.

Most of the banks should offer instant access deposit accounts that don’t require monthly deposits, but the interest rate on these is virtually nothing at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭lordsheepface

The AIB Mobile App only lets you setup the one requiring €10pm on their app, but if you login to your Online Banking via their website you can setup one without the monthly requirement.

The one you are looking for is "personal demand deposit" acocunt.
    Info - https://aib.ie/our-products/savings-and-deposits/personal-demand-deposit

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Warbeastrior

The one you are looking for is "personal demand deposit" acocunt. Info -

Perfect. Thank you

Advertisement