Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage Protection

Options
  • 24-03-2021 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Hi all

Hopefully moving soon but am getting conflicting information from my bank, broker and solicitor regarding mortgage protection.

I have mortgage protection on my current house and am going to use it on the new house as the amount remaining is sufficient.

But who looks after this? How do I move it? Bank is saying broker, broker is saying solicitor and solicitor is saying it's nothing to do with them!

I'm afraid I will get to closing and the new mortgage provider won't accept my current policy and just want to be on top of it.

Any advice would be appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,516 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

You can move the mortgage protect policy yourself. Contact your insurance company and advise them that you have changed mortgage provider.

Advertisement