Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXXIV-249,437 ROI(4,906 deaths) 120,195 NI (2,145 deaths)(01/05)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭TanookiMario

hellyeah wrote: »
    "Lockdown is only bad for the fools who will impotently sit by and watch their business or their job go onto the trash pile while trying to be a good person and take it all for the greater good."

Charming, I lost my job of 13 years at Christmas. Did I just sit by and take it for the greater good? No entirely out of my hands. Typical irish attitude I'm alright jack fu#k everyone else. Some people's lives have seriously gone down the ****ter with little hope of recovery.
    Looking for work, wages are tumbling but my mortgage and bills still stay the same.

You think the people who flushed those lives down the ****ter actually give a damn?

Leo was more interested in getting quotes from Terminator and Lord of the Rings squeezed into his speeches for a laugh as he announced the death of fellow citizens and condemneded others to unemployed or restricted income.

That's OK though. We'll just sit here and take it like good little boys and girls.

I hear the easter bunny is still going to visit so at least there's that, eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

PmMeUrDogs wrote: »
    532 positive swabs, 3.21% positivity on 16,562 tests.
    7 day test positivity is 3.2%.

Last week for reference

Less swabs this week but less testing too

https://twitter.com/COVID19DataIE/status/1375832238412169220

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

FFVII wrote: »
    30 odd from blood clots is small and "benefits out way the risks" boll'x talk.

Watch someone die from a clot in the lung an come back to me.

30 odd what? They weren't deaths, they were 'events'. In the amount being vaccinated it's a very, very, very small number.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭hellyeah

You think the people who flushed those lives down the ****ter actually give a damn?

Leo was more interested in getting quotes from Terminator and Lord of the Rings squeezed into his speeches for a laugh as he announced the death of fellow citizens and condemneded others to unemployed or restricted income.

That's OK though. We'll just sit here and take it like good little boys and girls.

I hear the easter bunny is still going to visit so at least there's that, eh?

You made me laugh there, thanks. Just having a bad time at the moment. Not having a go, just venting. What a difference a year can make. Went from a great job last year with good money to 203euro per week.
    Kinda sucks.ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

Corholio wrote: »
    30 odd what? They weren't deaths, they were 'events'. In the amount being vaccinated it's a very, very, very small number.

I find it very ironic that throughout this whole things it's all about protecting the vulnerable and saving lives.

But when people are dying from bloodclots due to the vaccine it's grand because it's only a tiny amount of people the hypocrisy is unbelievable.

• Advertisement

I find it very ironic that throughout this whole things it's all about protecting the vulnerable and saving lives.

But when people are dying from bloodclots due to the vaccine it's grand because it's only a tiny amount of people the hypocrisy is unbelievable.

It's not 'grand', it never would be. You have used products etc that people have had a very rare reaction to and killed them, have you stopped using all them? Just because it's a 'vaccine' it's separated in that context. The vaccine will save an infinitely more amount of lives than it will harm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

probably more with blood clots than covid id say

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    Last week for reference

Less swabs this week but less testing too

https://twitter.com/COVID19DataIE/status/1375832238412169220

Ah good. Less plastic waste for nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Deaths reported today nice and low

TheDoctor wrote: »
    Deaths reported today nice and low

Yesterday was sunny

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭TanookiMario

hellyeah wrote: »
    You made me laugh there, thanks. Just having a bad time at the moment. Not having a go, just venting. What a difference a year can make. Went from a great job last year with good money to 203euro per week.
    Kinda sucks.ðŸ˜

My own job hangs by a thread to be honest but for me it's just so frustrating for the government to tell my employer "you cannot open for business" while they turn a blind eye to so many other things.

People heading over to the park with their "essential" junk food and ice creams. Meanwhile we are losing more and more money hoping that the restrictions will be lifted some day.

Gotta finish up on a Friday after yet another demoralising week and then navigate the busy streets of Dublin seeing people who just aren't affected by all this is seems. Mobs of kids. People on the LUAS with no masks. People in the shop with no masks. Seems at time like they only person having restrictions enforced on them is me.

Maybe when I lose my job I can finally go to the shop with no mask on and buy some booze to go and drink in the park with my friends. Might as well. Not like anyone would try and stop me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

511 cases 2 deaths

Gael23 wrote: »
    511 cases 2 deaths

Died from what?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Died from what?

The quality of your posting.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,864 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Died from what?
    Is this how poor the glibness has become?
    Cop on!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Always_Running

This week compared to last.

319 fewer positive swabs and 372 fewer cases from 3821 more tests carried out. A happy Easter to all

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Sono Topolino

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    He has an MSc in Economics. That's about it.

Twitter's resident Covexpert David Higgins has a Bachelor's in Management Science and a Master's in Central Banking. But excel skills is all you need in order to become a Covexpert.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭blade1

But excel skills is all you need in order to become a Covexpert.
    Or a boards account! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,475 ✭✭✭prunudo

This week compared to last.

319 fewer positive swabs and 372 fewer cases from 3821 more tests carried out. A happy Easter to all

Looking like good numbers across the board, cases, hospitalisations and vaccinations all going the right way. I've said for a while now, the daily numbers fluctuate too much. Its averages, hospital numbers and comparisons with the previous week where you get a better idea of where we are and what direction things are taking.

Cases may be stubbornly around the 500 mark but there doesnt seem to be any major bounce from Mothers day or St. Patrick's day, hopefully Easter will have the same results.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Just read this on RTE app:

“Speaking on RTÉ's Saturday with Katie Hannon, Dr Gerald Barry said that at present 32 cases of the variant first identified in South Africa have been confirmed in Ireland, while 12 cases of P1 and 14 cases of P2 – both of which were first identified in Brazil – have also been confirmed.  

Dr Barry said that while "some" of these cases are as a result of travel, others were as a result of community transmission. 

"It is concerning that these are now beginning to spread, and we can’t really, or don’t seem to be able to, track where they’re coming from," he said. 

Dr Barry said the worry with the variants was twofold, in that the efficacy of current vaccines in use "might not be as good" with other variants. He said the variants in future "could pose a challenge". 

He said data coming from Brazil showed the P1 variant spreads faster than the B117 variant, first identified in the UK, and showed that the P1 was three-times more virulent.”

WHY do I do this to myself?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,864 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Twitter's resident Covexpert David Higgins has a Bachelor's in Management Science and a Master's in Central Banking. But excel skills is all you need in order to become a Covexpert.

I'm sorry but I've never heard of him.

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    Is this how poor the glibness has become?
    Cop on!

Im serious. Were they RTAs that test positive at the hospital and then die from there injuries?

Is this still the way?

I don't follow it anymore.

Im serious. Were they RTAs that test positive at the hospital and then die from there injuries?

Is this still the way?

'it' being common sense I presume?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

Is this still the way?

It was never that way in Ireland.
    Jesus over a year into the pandemic and people still think this ****?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

Corholio wrote: »
    'it' being common sense I presume?

You've implicitly assumed that he followed 'it' in the past, in order to stop. Here in lies the error in your assumption, I suspect.:D

Wolf359f wrote: »
    It was never that way in Ireland.
    Jesus over a year into the pandemic and people still think this ****?

Was it not?

I lost interest around the time it was ok for texas folk to fly here with they were the hot spot of the world. I see the US should be on quarantine list this week but still no.

Nothing changed a year later.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Gotta finish up on a Friday after yet another demoralising week and then navigate the busy streets of Dublin seeing people who just aren't affected by all this is seems. Mobs of kids. People on the LUAS with no masks. People in the shop with no masks. Seems at time like they only person having restrictions enforced on them is me.

I don't know if I live in a parallel universe but the last time I saw someone in a shop without a face covering was last summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

I don't know if I live in a parallel universe but the last time I saw someone in a shop without a face covering was last summer.

Depends on where you go to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I live in your universe , here in south Dublin and I can’t remember the last time I saw anyone without a mask in shops

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭shtpEdthePlum

Micheál breaks the rules and it's 'overblown'.

People meet up outside or break the 5km and they're scum of the earth causing our restrictions to be extended.

To be honest I don't think what Martin did is a big deal at all, but the difference in the reaction to it compared to anyone else breaking the rules is interesting.
    My best friend couldn't go to their granny's funeral at the time because of restrictions and he was up there joking about masks and optics.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement