Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXXIV-249,437 ROI(4,906 deaths) 120,195 NI (2,145 deaths)(01/05)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,864 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

lawred2 wrote: »
    I'd say inhaling your own C02 for an 8 hour shift would be exceptionally unpleasant and hardly good for anyone's health.

I thought this BS about CO2 was put to bed months ago.

Absolute hogwash.

Jim_Hodge wrote: »

Absolute hogwash.

Unfortunately the hogwash keeps recirculating like a bad Spotify playlist on shuffle

• Registered Users Posts: 5,843 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Why? You are making the claim, back it up yourself.

People on minimum wage dealing with other people's obnoxious sh1t for 8 hours wear a mask slightly wrong.

Don't see anything unacceptable about it myself.

Not making any claim. Simply stating a fact. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭TP_CM

Sorry if this has been chatted about. Have the government mentioned anything about gyms opening again?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,481 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

This nice weather might turn out to be a bit of a curse.

549121.jpeg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

TP_CM wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been chatted about. Have the government mentioned anything about gyms opening again?

No

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,577 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

FFVII wrote: »
    Ah good. Less plastic waste for nothing.
    Yesterday was sunny
    Died from what?
    Im serious. Were they RTAs that test positive at the hospital and then die from there injuries?

Is this still the way?

I don't follow it anymore.
    Was it not?

I lost interest around the time it was ok for texas folk to fly here with they were the hot spot of the world. I see the US should be on quarantine list this week but still no.

Nothing changed a year later.

I'm glad you've lost interest as you are now banned from posting in this thread again

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭PmMeUrDogs

lawred2 wrote: »
    I'd say inhaling your own C02 for an 8 hour shift would be exceptionally unpleasant and hardly good for anyone's health.

I've been wearing them for 10+ hour shifts since last March (they were made mandatory in my workplace in the summer) and shockingly have had no ill effects from lack of oxygen, just some mask acne

TP_CM wrote: »

I doubt gyms will open anytime soon, given they are indoor activities.

I'd be very surprised if gyms are opened anytime before the middle of June, but I'm unsure what Government has said on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,764 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Jim_Hodge wrote: »

Absolute hogwash.

Seems some STILL cant differentiate between a mask and a plastic bag over the head to smother themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭noplacehere

Does anyone know anywhere in Dublin you can get a rapid antigen test tomorrow? Family emergency but covid is rampant in the area and sibling wants to try and be safer coming home as there’s high risk family at home

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Lcomps

I just wish they where more lenient in sporting activity. Me and my mates only really exercise by playing 5 a side football. The lockdowns where so much easier to deal with when Astros where open.

Least there was something to do twice a week. Ever since they shut it down at Christmas it's all become such a slog again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

PmMeUrDogs wrote: »
    I've been wearing them for 10+ hour shifts since last March (they were made mandatory in my workplace in the summer) and shockingly have had no ill effects from lack of oxygen, just some mask acne

I also wear a mask at work and have an O2 monitor with me, Mines goes from 98 to 96 while wearing the mask. I check this regularly. I'm a smoker so maybe that makes a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭h2005

PmMeUrDogs wrote: »
    I work in a retail environment in North Dublin and about 15% of our customers refuse to wear masks on any given day. We're "not allowed" request them to wear one, so they won't.

I live in Dublin 7 and there’s definitely been an uptick the last 2 weeks of people not wearing masks. Selfish knobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Dickie10

my local church had mass tonight and about 20 people attended, the priest is back saying mass in church now every weekend and not bothering stopping people coming into the church or hanging outside in cars or standing around

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Dickie10

you know there zero control of anyone once over 65s are going disobeying the guidelines and parish priests driving it on, this group have affectivley said it game over for them and thats it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

Dickie10 wrote: »
    my local church had mass tonight and about 20 people attended, the priest is back saying mass in church now every weekend and not bothering stopping people coming into the church
    or hanging outside in cars or standing around

Good for them

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Lcomps

I hate wearing masks as much as the next person but I don't get refusing to wear one of your going into a shop. Their shop their rules.

my local church had mass tonight and about 20 people attended, the priest is back saying mass in church now every weekend and not bothering stopping people coming into the church or hanging outside in cars or standing around

They may be but the vast majority aren't. Just like some houses had parties, sports teams trained, or people refused to wear masks while the majority stuck to the rules.

you know there zero control of anyone once over 65s are going disobeying the guidelines and parish priests driving it on, this group have affectivley said it game over for them and thats it.

Can you clarify what you mean there. Is 'this group' the 20 at mass or anyone over 65?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

There's a group of over 65's (I presume) hanging around the local skate spot near me and they've been causing nothing but trouble. Different generation that lot and bad fecking news. I seen two drag race toward a slope nearby in a game of chicken, both could've been killed but luckily enough their dames stepped in to bring those slime balls back to earth, you know what I mean.

More encouraging numbers from out of the UK today. Showing just how much we need to get these vaccines into arms

• Registered Users Posts: 6,697 ✭✭✭User1998

Re the mask discussion, before masks were mandated youd look like a weirdo wearing one. Now if you don’t wear one your selfish and scum of the earth? The funny thing is that if the government told us tomorrow that masks were no longer required then the majority of people would stop wearing one. Honestly who even wears a masks for protection now? Very few I’d imagine

And not to mention the fact that most people are wearing those cloth masks that barely offer any amount of protection. People only wear them now because it’s against the rules not to and they don’t want to be the odd one out.

I try my best not to wear one but if a shop worker asks me to put one on then I will and won’t kick up a fuss. The only reason I’l wear one is to show respect to the retail workers. I’ve had covid already and it poses no threat to me so I have no reason to wear one. If covid poses a threat to you well then wear a medical grade face mask and stay 2 metres away from me. Not a poxy cloth yoke with flowers on it that your touching every ten seconds

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭JPup

User1998 wrote: »
    Re the mask discussion, before masks were mandated youd look like a weirdo wearing one. Now if you don’t wear one your selfish and scum of the earth? The funny thing is that if the government told us tomorrow that masks were no longer required then the majority of people would stop wearing one. Honestly who even wears a masks for protection now? Very few I’d imagine

And not to mention the fact that most people are wearing those cloth masks that barely offer any amount of protection. People only wear them now because it’s against the rules not to and they don’t want to be the odd one out.

I try my best not to wear one but if a shop worker asks me to put one on then I will and won’t kick up a fuss. The only reason I’l wear one is to show respect to the retail workers. I’ve had covid already and it poses no threat to me so I have no reason to wear one. If covid poses a threat to you well then wear a medical grade face mask and stay 2 metres away from me. Not a poxy cloth yoke with flowers on it that your touching every ten seconds

The main reason for wearing a mask isn’t to protect yourself. It’s to protect others since you could be unwittingly carrying the virus and spreading it.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Masks are an easy selfless act to protect others from you if you are infected with covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭Polar101

Does anyone know anywhere in Dublin you can get a rapid antigen test tomorrow? Family emergency but covid is rampant in the area and sibling wants to try and be safer coming home as there’s high risk family at home

I don't know about rapid testing, but they could try one of the walk-in centres and get a result in about 24 hours. An option at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭aziz

I look forward to the day when I walk in to a bank or post office wearing a mask and be told to take it off ��

• Registered Users Posts: 6,697 ✭✭✭User1998

Turtwig wrote: »
    Masks are an easy selfless act to protect others from you if you are infected with covid.

Right. So masks are for protecting others. So person A wears one to protect person B. And person B wears one to protect person A.

Its bullsh*t. Your only saying that because the idea was pushed in the media. You wear PPE to protect yourself not others around you. If someone is worried about catching covid then they should wear a mask and social distance. Simple as

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Right. So masks are for protecting others. So person A wears one to protect person B. And person B wears one to protect person A.

Yep, that's pretty much it. If both people wear a cloth mask the risk of transmission for the wildtype of the virus dropped by around 70%. It's a very effective technique that helps suppress spread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,940 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement