Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXXIV-249,437 ROI(4,906 deaths) 120,195 NI (2,145 deaths)(01/05)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

That’s because of the testing regime in Ireland at that time it was Neolithic.

So we missed a lot of cases? How do hospital numbers compare, seems they were under greater strain this time

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭covidrelease

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    You dont get an option , either you are sick enough to be admitted or you are not .Its not like you pick an option and hop into a bed

I am talking about people deciding to even present at hospital at all or just ride it out, while being quite sick with covid, at home.

Not everybody runs to hospital when advised to.

During an RTÉ scaremongering event more people tend to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

I don't think a lot of people on here or the public in general would be happy about the fact that thousands of Bulgarians here in Ireland are travelling around the country today to vote in their national election.

I've no problem with it myself but I'm surprised there isn't people complaining about it. I guess it's just the fact they don't know about it.

Klonker wrote: »
    I don't think a lot of people on here or the public in general would be happy about the fact that thousands of Bulgarians here in Ireland are travelling around the country today to vote in their national election.

I've no problem with it myself but I'm surprised there isn't people complaining about it. I guess it's just the fact they don't know about it.

At this stage there is so much non compliance RTÉ simply can't cover it all in their daily doomcasts. You would want a fairly original act of non compliance to make the 6.1 Doomnews.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,940 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Charity staff told to pose as frontline healthcare workers so as to receive COVID vaccine https://extra.ie/2021/04/04/news/irish-news/limerick-charity-staff-vaccine-covid
    Almost 70 employees at the Northside Family Resource Centre were vaccinated in this fashion – including cleaners, kitchen workers and administration staff who are working from home.
    the neck of this woman, she doesn't recognize that everyone has to wait their turn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,554 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Because when cases spike, and RTÉ roll out the scaremongering message, a lot of people with a positive test panic and want to be in hospital in case there are no beds or ICU facilities left.

It's a modern day version of the annual January hospital bed crisis where every puts off their illness until after Christmas is over, creating a surge.

A lot of people in hospital during a spike in covid positive test results wouldn't be that sick at all, and fear breeds fear it's a viscioys circle.
    So the doctors don't decide whether you stay in hospital or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I am talking about people deciding to even present at hospital at all or just ride it out, while being quite sick with covid, at home.

No , you were talking about cases IN hospital actually and claiming the numbers rose because people got scared .Scared does not get you admitted, your health status does

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

You're talking absolute nonsense but sure its boards.ie so why am I surprised. People who don't need beds don't get beds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭shtpEdthePlum

eagle eye wrote: »
    So the doctors don't decide whether you stay in hospital or not?

Yes but you have to get there first. Some don't bother even though if they did they would be admitted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,864 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

You're still spouting nonsense. You don't get admitted because you want to or feel you should be. Your assertion negates any medical need for hospital admission. Stop digging. You were wrong and just won't admit to exaggeration for dramatic purposes.

You're wrong, simple as.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,554 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Yes but you have to get there first. Some don't bother even though if they did they would be admitted.
    And your point is what? That there should be more in hospital than they're is?

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    No , you were talking about cases IN hospital

No I wasn't. Happy to clear up your confusion for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,483 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    You're still spouting nonsense. You don't get admitted because you want to or feel you should be. Your assertion negates any medical need for hospital admission. Stop digging. You were wrong and just won't admit to exaggeration for dramatic purposes.

You're wrong, simple as.

Not everybody goes to hospital when advised to by their GP

Fact. Deal with it.

PTH2009 wrote: »
    New age Easter rising?

So long as it goes the same way the 1916 one did for the leaders of Ireland I have no issue with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,270 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

2 protests expected at the same time.

1 anti lockdown, anti vax, anti mask etc

The other a counter protest against , fascists, anti-mask, anti-vaccine protesters from "taking over" has also been organised.

So yeah fun afternoon for the Gardai

I would go protest but I'm visiting all my family instead

Fact. Deal with it.

That's not what you said. Maybe you yourself should deal with the fact you were making assertions that were totally false. In case it wasn't clear enough for you: People are not admitted because they choose to be or are scared. Hospital admission aren't akin to the hackneyed panic buying of toilet rolls. Admissions don't increase in line with a scare story on RTE. If a person is clinically ill enough to be admitted to hospital they should not be trying to ride it out at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,843 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Jesus lads, we all have disagreements on various topics, but why are so many of you feeding that troll (though I've been guilty of it too!)

• Advertisement

Jesus lads, we all have disagreements on various topics, but why are so many of you feeding that troll (though I've been guilty of it too!)

You're right of course but every now and again they need to be faced with the rubbish they are trying to present as facts. Unfortunately some people read this tripe and believe then repeat it.

If it's trolling then the Mods should call them out on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

So ****ing annoyed. Down at Blackrock Village at the Marina in Cork earlier enjoying nice weather, coffee and a lovely buzz. Not busy, everyone sitting spaced out in great form enjoying themselves. Three lads busking, playing nice chilled out music. An ideal mid-day treat.

Then two guards came along and moved them on. Killed the atmosphere immediately and lots of people went away.

Livid. I know they've got a job to do too but it's still really annoying. They went after the low hanging fruit today IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 7,422 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

You're right of course but every now and again they need to be faced with the rubbish they are trying to present as facts. Unfortunately some people read this tripe and believe then repeat it.

If it's trolling then the Mods should call them out on it.

Because moderation is not dealing with this properly, I've decided myself to not bother engaging with anyone who has a join date more recent than October 2020 or posters with long dormant accounts that have suddenly sprung to life in the past few months, accounts which now post almost exclusively and extremely on covid

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

Not to state the obvious but hit the ignore button. Does wonders. You wouldn't engage with these people in real life, why bother here.

That's not what you said. Maybe you yourself should deal with the fact you were making assertions that were totally false. In case it wasn't clear enough for you: People are not admitted because they choose to be or are scared. Hospital admission aren't akin to the hackneyed panic buying of toilet rolls. Admissions don't increase in line with a scare story on RTE. If a person is clinically ill enough to be admitted to hospital they should not be trying to ride it out at home.

It's exactly what I am saying. Not everybody goes to hospital when advised to. The thoughts of there being no beds and RTE in full George Lee mode though will influence their decision.

The same as they panicked over bread.

It's human nature, people panic.

funnydoggy wrote: »
    So ****ing annoyed. Down at Blackrock Village at the Marina in Cork earlier enjoying nice weather, coffee and a lovely buzz. Not busy, everyone sitting spaced out in great form enjoying themselves. Three lads busking, playing nice chilled out music. An ideal mid-day treat.

Then two guards came along and moved them on. Killed the atmosphere immediately and lots of people went away.

Livid. I know they've got a job to do too but it's still really annoying. They went after the low hanging fruit today IMO

"covid doesn't take easter off" the covideers will say.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Fact. Deal with it.

Not everybody who goes to hospital on the advice of their GP gets admitted.

It's exactly what I am saying. Not everybody goes to hospital when advised to. The thoughts of there being no beds and RTE in full George Lee mode though will influence their decision.

The same as they panicked over bread.

It's human nature, people panic.

Now it's like the bread.!!!

Good luck down in that deep hole.

Now it's like the bread.!!!

Good luck down in that deep hole.

So you accept not everybody goes to hospital when a doctor advises them to?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭FionnK86

funnydoggy wrote: »

Better than hearing dodgy versions of wonderwall

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement