Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXXIV-249,437 ROI(4,906 deaths) 120,195 NI (2,145 deaths)(01/05)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,865 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Rubbish. If that was the case we would restrict sales from off licences.

Bars are representative of people back in work, meeting friends, return to normality etc.

Much as I enjoyed a pint with friends and long for normality, I rank their health, getting to meet them, they being back at work etc. before the Pint in a pub comes into the equation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭MerlinSouthDub

0 deaths
    320 cases
    (per Zara King Twitter)

No swabs today though, it seems

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭SPDUB

JP100 wrote: »
    Supermarket workers along with Gardai should be prioritised as well in a key worker category.
    So where does An Post ,DHL ,DPD UPS delivery staff as well as Postmaster come in as a priority .

I'm hearing of increased cases there now

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Stats will be a bit confused for the next few days. Could have a few high numbers later in the week?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,795 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Good numbers. Not sure have they been that low for a while!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭MerlinSouthDub

Eod100 wrote: »

Good numbers, if there's no backlog! Probably reduced levels of testing too, so let's see how the week pans out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

58 in ICU.
    Varadkar previously stated that 50 was the number to allow easing of restrictions

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭covidrelease

0 deaths
    320 cases
    (per Zara King Twitter)

No swabs today though, it seems

Precarious I think NPHET are describing the situation as.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,374 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Fantastic numbers

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭covidrelease

Nphet warned Government that Covid-19 cases could rise to 2,000 a day within four weeks
    Public health team tells Government Ireland’s epidemiological situation remains ‘precarious’

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭irishguy1983

Eod100 wrote: »

Yes....Anyone confirm last time we were as low as 320?? I know it is Easter Monday and all the jazz but I’ll take it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Any county info

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Steven81

Storm 10 wrote: »
    Any county info

Couldn’t find any county info for last 2 days either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭Ger Roe

Gael23 wrote: »
    58 in ICU.
    Varadkar previously stated that 50 was the number to allow easing of restrictions

When did he say that?.

They have not been giving out trigger metrics since they were caught out badly with the relaxations brought in at Christmas. The mantra now is that there are no absolute numbers that will automatically result in any specific changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,865 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Precarious I think NPHET are describing the situation as.

Would you have a link to that statement today? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Don't know how good/bad it is without swabs.

If it's close to normal swabs then great. If swabs are down 50% on normal then the opposite.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Storm 10 wrote: »
    Any county info

The Covid tracker app hasn't updated. When it updates we should get yesterday's county breakdown figures.

Edit: just updated.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Benimar

Yes....Anyone confirm last time we were as low as 320?? I know it is Easter Monday and all the jazz but I’ll take it :)

311 on March 9th

89 today in the north. But they didn't report yesterday, so I believe it's a 2 day total.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,302 ✭✭✭✭branie2

320 cases and no deaths. That's very good news

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Normal One

Ger Roe wrote: »
    When did he say that?.

They have not been giving out trigger metrics since they were caught out badly with the relaxations brought in at Christmas. The mantra now is that there are no absolute numbers that will automatically result in any specific changes.

3 months ago
    Tanaiste Leo Varadkar joined Kieran Cuddihy to discuss vaccine roll out, the reopening of the economy, our new travel rules, and offering his services to the medical system to help with vaccine rollout.

He said he wouldn't envisage businesses reopening until March, and the ICU numbers would need to be down to 50 before we could open up.

He also explained how there are more vaccinations being adminsitered each week, and the plan for ramping that up should AstraZeneca's vaccine get approval from the EMA.
    https://www.newstalk.com/podcasts/highlights-from-the-hard-shoulder/leo-varadkar-icu-numbers-to-be-below-50-before-we-reopen

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭JP100

Schools close for the Easter holidays and case numbers start to drop off! Who'd have thunk it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭h2005

Those numbers are pointless really unless we know if there’s a backlog. Considering the numbers before now you’d imagine there must be.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

titan18 wrote: »
    Tomorrow, he'll say we took him up wrong.

D'variant!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,708 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

branie2 wrote: »
    320 cases and no deaths. That's very good news

That's a Bank Holiday figure, when our lazy civil servants are off. The deaths will be about 30 tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Arturo Delgado

Normal One wrote: »

Yep I remember that figure clearly and now we are nearing it quickly. No excuses anymore we must open up, even in limited fashion. Get Ireland moving before we crash.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Anybody think that the vaccination rate in the UK is beginning to have a big effect here too?

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Arturo Delgado

JP100 wrote: »
    Schools close for the Easter holidays and case numbers start to drop off! Who'd have thunk it!

They've been dropping for weeks, and hospital numbers are no longer a reason to hold the country to ransom.

• Advertisement

Anybody think that the vaccination rate in the UK is beginning to have a big effect here too?

It won't lower our rates, but it will prevent a repeat of last autumn when their high rates leaked to the border counties.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement